Shankland

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

And Shankland isn't quality and is a passenger? :lol:

Has the sun got to you already? I was suggesting that Sutton was not brought in to sit on the bench half the season. Get a hat to help prevent the heatstroke farfaraway!

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Has the sun got to you already? I was suggesting that Sutton was not brought in to sit on the bench half the season. Get a hat to help prevent the heatstroke farfaraway!

Aye, this is very clear. :hammer

Dear oh dear. :lol:

You also "suggested" Sutton was a waste of space, you're having a night mare. :withstupid

Edited by faraway saint

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, this is very clear:hammer

Dear oh dear. :lol:

You also "suggested" Sutton was a waste of space, you're having a night mare. :withstupid

It is to anyone who can read and does so in context.

And I still think we shouldn't have signed him., BUT. Rae did so and I'm sure he wasn't brought in to be "rested" enough to allow a young loanee a run out. Now. Find that shaded area fast. You'll be seeing mirages next!

7 hours ago, stlucifer said:

It is to anyone who can read and does so in context.

And I still think we shouldn't have signed him., BUT. Rae did so and I'm sure he wasn't brought in to be "rested" enough to allow a young loanee a run out. Now. Find that shaded area fast. You'll be seeing mirages next!

No, really, in your tiny mind maybe but not in the real world.

Run along, before you dig all the way to Australia.:lol:

32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No, really, in your tiny mind maybe but not in the real world.

Run along, before you dig all the way to Australia.:lol:

Dear oh dear.

I do hope you speak Arabic, ( Saudi Arabia · Official language  ), better than you understand English. (wee smiley)

16 minutes ago, Lost Sheep said:

Shankland won't be kept.  Would not be surprised to see him sign for you guys permanently.  He's unfortunately just not good enough for AFC.  All the best.

I feel the same about McInnes. He will be gone soon. Not good enough to be Manager of Aberdeen. 

Rae was on Sportsound earlier today and mentioned speaking to Derek McInnes this morning. Liam McLeod asked what they were talking about and mentioned Shankland. Rae said how well he'd done for us last season and jokingly thanked McLeod for alerting other clubs.

47 minutes ago, MotherwellSaint said:

hope this is true gives us plenty options up front do you think we would go 3 up front ?

I doubt it - I don't think either Clarkson or Sutton are mobile enough to play the wider roles. I think it'll just be a two from three scenario, with healthy competition for the starting places. Quite refreshing to see a return of the 4-4-2 - I think you can absolutely play that at this level because, let's face it, most of the teams are shite. It's not like you need to worry about crowding the midfield because you're not going to get passed off the park by anybody.

Having said that I'd imagine we might switch to a 4-4-1-1 away to the tougher teams, with Hutton coming in for one of the strikers and Mallan pushing forward to support a lone striker.

On 17/07/2016 at 11:04 AM, Stuart Dickson said:

Erm, well I hate to point out the obvious, but as you have said yourself this was the first competitive match of the season. You would expect players to be ready for the new season by now. Alex Rae said he didn't take on too many friendlies cause he was worried about injuries to a paper thin squad. That's fair enough, it's his choice, but it's perfectly correct to look at performance levels in competitive matches. Would you have been quite as forgiving had the result gone the other way - as it looked like it might well do before Morgan grabbed an unexpected equaliser?

And to address your other acerbic point, are only St Mirren supporters allowed to attend St Mirren matches? I didn't notice the restriction listed anywhere outside of the stadium. If only I'd have known I could have saved myself the £12 admission, the £5 car park charge, and the frustration of watching some prick in a Polo driving erratically around Livingston. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Brm63 said:

It's no rumour Raith Rvs and Dunfermline wanted him but he is signing with us.

How do you know this? I am sure Div would have posted something if accurate.