Guard Of Honour

That would be pathetic and an embarrassment IMO.

In 2012 Stewart Gilmour, Bryan McAusland and George Campbell told St Mirren fans that St Mirren could not survive without Rangers. St Mirren fans backed their board. It's how you behave when the chips are down that proves your attitude. Turning backs or not doing a guard of honour is pathetic posturing especially when so many at the club were happy to vote for Scottish Football to create preferential rules for Rangers to treat them differently to how Third Lanark, Airdrieonians and Gretna were treated. The shame of recent years lies on those who were willing to bin Sporting Integrity for a few pence to keep the ticket lady in a job. Rangers are where they are now fair and square. They've worked their way up through the divisions and they've won this division by a country mile whilst St Mirren rolled over and let Rangers beat them 4 time out of 4 so far this season.

Do the right thing. Be sporting for once in your life. You had your chance to really put the boot into Rangers four years ago, but you missed your open goal and you needed Turnbull Hutton to do it for you.

I've seen you post a few times in the last few days along these lines and feel compelled to pick you up on this revisionist nonsense you're spouting.

Gilmour and the BoD did run with this line but contrary to the line of history you wish to peddle, it WASNT met by universal acceptance by St. Mirren fans. It was met with dissension and debate by many which in turn was met by a scoffing 'we know better' attitude by the members of the board who we're sitting in the main stand that night spouting a load of shite. I said on here at the time it was shite, I maintain it was shite and I sure as f**k wasn't alone in that viewpoint. The very fact is that when it came to the crunch, despite their opposition, the board decided to accept the majority of the fans opinions and vote to exclude Rangers from the SPL. For me it was definitely passing the buck to the SFL by the SPL as a whole and not St. Mirren FC in particular.

At that point in time there was no single governing body. By the time the SPL voted them out, the decision on their future was completely out of our hands. To implicate St. Mirren and their fans as the reason Rangers are still in existence is convoluted to be polite and an absolute load of slavering bullshit to be blunt.

They have already had a guard of honour. If they hadn't already had one then I would reluctantly have to admit we should do it.

How many guards of honour did we get after the cup win?

Yep. You get one "guard of honour" in the first game after you win something. That's all that's required so no need whatsoever for us to do another on Sunday.

I've seen you post a few times in the last few days along these lines and feel compelled to pick you up on this revisionist nonsense you're spouting.

Gilmour and the BoD did run with this line but contrary to the line of history you wish to peddle, it WASNT met by universal acceptance by St. Mirren fans. It was met with dissension and debate by many which in turn was met by a scoffing 'we know better' attitude by the members of the board who we're sitting in the main stand that night spouting a load of shite. I said on here at the time it was shite, I maintain it was shite and I sure as f**k wasn't alone in that viewpoint. The very fact is that when it came to the crunch, despite their opposition, the board decided to accept the majority of the fans opinions and vote to exclude Rangers from the SPL. For me it was definitely passing the buck to the SFL by the SPL as a whole and not St. Mirren FC in particular.

At that point in time there was no single governing body. By the time the SPL voted them out, the decision on their future was completely out of our hands. To implicate St. Mirren and their fans as the reason Rangers are still in existence is convoluted to be polite and an absolute load of slavering bullshit to be blunt.

I didn't go to the general meeting in the stands but the reports I saw immediately after suggested that at one there was a show of hands and the majority voted to back the boards position. In the second meeting there was no vote. In the boardroom I believe there were 13 people as well as four club directors - Gilmour, McAusland, Campbell and Atkinson. 11 of the 13 voted to back the position outlined by Gilmour, McAusland and Campbell. Where there was a vote Saints fans voted in favour of bending the rules - that's for them and their conscience to live with.

For me all this angst about Guard Of Honours and about players tweeting their support for Rangers is just the pathetic posturing of those whose conscience continues to bother them. "Rangers" have won the league fair and square this season - St Mirren should give them the guard of honour that is accepted as appropriate in the game.

Of course you will Alex Rae will make sure we do. Then we will witness total respect to them as we bend over and let them do to us what they should have done to Alloa yesterday would not be surprised if they win by 3 or more

You really need to do better . "Notabuddie" you swing in your posts from "he will be facing you " of course you Will" etc to We ,Us etc.

Away and f**kin troll somewhere else mad.gif

^^^^^^ What he said with a "feck off an don't come back" thrown in. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

Shull seems to be the only person even considering offering them this mocking tribute. Haven't seen any mention elsewhere so why even think about it never even post about it. Can honestly say it never had entered my thoughts until I read it here. Couldn't care less as won't be there.

Ouch

1 I am not a troll

2 I do not count myself as a buddie hence my name. I follow the local team where I am located for the record I have held 6 season ticket for St Mirren and 16/17 will probably be my 7th as I am staying in Paisley.

I do use you and us depending on what view I am putting across which is neutral as I am not as invested as some other supporters

My view on the guard of honour is my view from someone looking in from the outside

They've already had a guard of honour and the trophy. It would be entirely feasible that a club with Sevco's budget could have won the championship with seven or more games still to play - would they expect multiple guards-of-honour at these games?

Surely with Alloa being in line to perform the duties, those duties have been discharged

Absolutely this! I don't recall this pish when teams won the league by Easter, It's been done thankfully. The only thing we should do is what ICT did to us after the TH winning season...............hammer them.

Ouch

1 I am not a troll

2 I do not count myself as a buddie hence my name. I follow the local team where I am located for the record I have held 6 season ticket for St Mirren and 16/17 will probably be my 7th as I am staying in Paisley.

I do use you and us depending on what view I am putting across which is neutral as I am not as invested as some other supporters

My view on the guard of honour is my view from someone looking in from the outside

Welcome to the Forum notabuddie , buddie.

Ouch

1 I am not a troll

And we can't accuse you of being a "glory hunter".

I, for one, will value your opinions.