Hillsborough Disaster Verdict

shull

The inquest verdict said that there was no doubt some fans tried to gain access without tickets but ruled out a "coordinated effort" to gain access as a factor. They also found that many fans had consumed alcohol but found that there was no evidence that the level of drinking had been unduly excessive. That's a long way short of absolving all fans of being in any way a contributory factor....which you've consistently claimed

Even for you this is utterly brainless.

Your first sentence is all that is required. Nobody on here sat through all of the evidence.

Under thise circumstances we have no option but to trust the process of law and to respect the decision of a completely impartial jury.

Not one of us has the knowledge of the evidence to do otherwise.

Like you did when you defended the decision to release Scotlands biggest mass murder by claiming he was innocent despite the process of law? Hmmm :rolleyes:

Show me the post where I said that.

Ach sorry Oaksoft - I confused you with Real Zippy. It's been a long week. I thought I was replying to him.

Zippy posted this on the "About f**king Time" thread.

The Real Zippy, on 02 Jun 2012 - 18:18, said:

I've read through this thread and it's the same tired old shite. For a kick off, it was no coincidence that in the immediate lead-up to Megrahi's release, Blair was cutting oil exploration deals in a Bedouin tent with Gaddafi, and Mandelson was seen meeting up with Megrahi's son, with whom Mandelson had close links. It doesn't take an Einstein to conclude that McAskill was leant on by the then Labour Government, leaving him and the SNP Government to be the patsys with regards the worldwide fall out. There was no way McAskill took this decision himself.

As for the real perpretrator - it was Ahmed Jibril, leader of the Popular Front For the Liberation of Palestine. He was paid handsomely by the Iranian Government, who wanted revenge against the US for the shooting down of an Iranian passenger airliner in July of that year. The CIA wanted anyone to satisfy the demands of US and UK Governments who wanted swift justice for this atrocity, and guess who was het.....................

Today Zippy wants us to believe that a Lord Justice verdict is always correct and above question even if he hasn't exonerated Liverpool fans in the way Zippy has tried to claim. A few days ago he told us Kenny Dalglish's autobiography was his source for an eyewitness to what was happening outside the ground, at the turnstyles, and outside of the tunnels - yet we know Dalglish was sitting in the dressing room addressing his team when the gate was opened, and we know he was sitting in the dug out managing a football team whilst fans were swaying back and forwards crushing each other to death.

Show me in that post above where I thought a senior judge is in the right or in the wrong. That post, rightly or wrongly, was my opinion of what really lay behind Megrahi's conviction. And at no point did I ever say that Dalglish had an eyewitness account of what happened at the turnstiles. He had a clear view pitchside of what was happening on the pitch and pens three and four. For clarity, the areas of Dalglish's book I was referring to was a) Bruce Grobbelaar witnessing the carnage behind his goal and pleading with the police to open the perimeter gate and B) the reference to traffic congestion on the main approach roads into Sheffield which caused a late build up of fans at the turnstiles. You are clearly trying to twist words here. Pathetic.

You are making an utter tit of yourself on this subject.

Edited by The Real Zippy

Show me in that post above where I thought a senior judge is in the right or in the wrong. That post, rightly or wrongly, was my opinion of what really lay behind Megrahi's conviction. And at no point did I ever say that Dalglish had an eyewitness account of what happened at the turnstiles. He had a clear view pitchside of what was happening on the pitch and pens three and four. For clarity, the areas of Dalglish's book I was referring to was a) Bruce Grobbelaar witnessing the carnage behind his goal and pleading with the police to open the perimeter gate and B) the reference to traffic congestion on the main approach roads into Sheffield which caused a late build up of fans at the turnstiles. You are clearly trying to twist words here. Pathetic.

You are making an utter tit of yourself on this subject.

Really? You need me to explain why you arguing that the Lockerbie Bombing was a miscarriage of justice and the sentence of life imprisonment is you saying the senior judge got it wrong?

Face it Zippy you are just a wild eyed anti establishment conspiracy theorist who only backs the justice system on the rare occassion when it suits your agenda. You do it repeatedly in the face of all evidence, yet the truth is if you put a bomb on a plane and it explodes you have at least in part contributed to the biggest mass murder every to happen in Scotland, and if you were one of those individuals who went into an already over crowded enclosed pen at Hillsborough you at least in part contributed to the deaths of 96 football fans.

Really? You need me to explain why you arguing that the Lockerbie Bombing was a miscarriage of justice and the sentence of life imprisonment is you saying the senior judge got it wrong?

Face it Zippy you are just a wild eyed anti establishment conspiracy theorist who only backs the justice system on the rare occassion when it suits your agenda. You do it repeatedly in the face of all evidence, yet the truth is if you put a bomb on a plane and it explodes you have at least in part contributed to the biggest mass murder every to happen in Scotland, and if you were one of those individuals who went into an already over crowded enclosed pen at Hillsborough you at least in part contributed to the deaths of 96 football fans.

Anyone else spot the irony in this sentence?

God, where to begin with this latest cringeworthy crock of shite. Where have I REPEATEDLY backed the justice system to suit my 'agenda'? What agenda are you slavering on about? If the latter is referring to my take on the Taylor Report then I have simply provided various examples in previous posts which did not lay blame at the Liverpool fans door. Which has also been confirmed during two years of further inquests. Why not look at it another way - if the Liverpool fans were to blame, partly or otherwise, for what happened on those terraces as you keep harping on about then please tell us what the families have been fighting for exactly these last 27 years (if you watch a re-run of 'Hillsborough' which was broadcast last night then that may give that peanut of a brain of yours some sort of clue)? In your last sentence, I mean seriously are you, seriously, trying to insinuate that any innocent fan who perhaps inadvertently made their way into an overcrowded pen should be classed as guilty of playing a bit part in the deaths of innocents?

The fact that you have gone to lengths to dredge up a post I made FOUR years ago on a completely different subject in a wild and desperate attempt to deflect from his own moronity sums up the individual we are dealing with here. As previously mentioned, I did NOT make any mention of the judge getting it wrong or ANY insinuation of a miscarriage of justice in that case. Again, my words were my take on what I thought really happened. No mention of accusations of senior judges getting it wrong. Nothing. Whether that take of mine is right or wrong is up for debate. I don't take too kindly to individuals like you twisting my words.

I am done with this debate now. The vast majority that have debated the findings on here have done it with the best of intentions and the overwhelming majority seem to be in agreement that the fans were not to blame. But there comes a point where you simply can't debate with a muppet who will simply refuse to accept findings by a senior judge and an impartial jury that doesn't tie in with his own anti-Liverpool agenda.

Over and out chaps.

This while thing sunk to a new low yesterday at Celtic Park. Just over a week ago the victims families confirmed they could never endorse moves to bring standing back to football ground. Yesterday, no doubt enticed by a free junket members of the justice for the 96 took to the pitch at Celtic Park to take the applause of the support in a move clearly designed by Celtic to gain some sort of endorsement for their retrograde attempt to reduce safety standards at football ground by installing 2700 "safe standing" spaces.

I guess there's not many that could do crass in a more classless way

This while thing sunk to a new low yesterday at Celtic Park. Just over a week ago the victims families confirmed they could never endorse moves to bring standing back to football ground. Yesterday, no doubt enticed by a free junket members of the justice for the 96 took to the pitch at Celtic Park to take the applause of the support in a move clearly designed by Celtic to gain some sort of endorsement for their retrograde attempt to reduce safety standards at football ground by installing 2700 "safe standing" spaces.

1/10

Two hour Hillsborough Documentary on BBC2 9pm tonight.

I watched this last night, an excellent documentary.

There was a lot I didn't know about Hillsborough this documentary

covered the whole story from start to finish.

The families of the 96 had a really difficult time, I have a lot

of admiration for them.

No doubts that the blame lies fairly and squarely at the door of the South Yorkshire

Police. Hope to see some eventual convictions there.

before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes

Edited by murray street

you are vile, soulless and pathetic in equal measures.

Agree with you there Stuart.