Hillsborough - A Suggestion

Would just be a case of getting the stadium DJ (is that the correct term?) to stick it on his playlist?

Not a lot of effort. Could ask the fans to applaud it, job done.

That's it Vic. Ha e gave him a CD before and he played it. This for people who died a mark of respect.

That's it Vic. Ha e gave him a CD before and he played it. This for people who died a mark of respect.

You would hope that would be the case mate ,but we don't really know how the Rangers fans will react to it , read that some of them had made a banner in honour of the 96 ,but its the knuckle dragging section that always show the true colours.

You would hope that would be the case mate ,but we don't really know how the Rangers fans will react to it , read that some of them had made a banner in honour of the 96 ,but its the knuckle dragging section that always show the true colours.

On this occasion, I actually believe it would be observed, even by them. Any football fan not touched by the news this week has truly got something wrong with them.

This would be unbelievably cringeworthy. This cannot be allowed to happen.

One of the reasons I suggest it won't happen.

It's naive to think sticking on YNWA and everybody/the majority, which you need to make it anywhere less than cringe worthy, would take part.

At best half arsed and this would open the door for the moronic element of the Rangers support.

I'll be watching with interest.

Wouldn't mind a tribute to the Heysel victims while we're at it. We should wear black and white stripes as a tribute to the Juventus fans murdered by scousers.

You might have had a point with this utterly moronic pish if any of the 96 dead at Hillsborough had been found guilty of causing deaths at Heysel.

It beggars belief that people this stupid manage to wipe their own arses properly.

You might have had a point with this utterly moronic pish if any of the 96 dead at Hillsborough had been found guilty of causing deaths at Heysel.

It beggars belief that people this stupid manage to wipe their own arses properly.

I would have said much the same thing about the kind of people on this thread who think that a fitting and appropriate tribute to 96 dead football fans would be to play a song that has clearly and not so cleverly been chosen to illicit an angry response goading the opposition. Then I remembered it's Liverpool FC we're talking about. The club whose fans UEFA claimed in 2007 are the worst behaved in Europe. A club who despite everything in their history - the Heysel disaster in 1985, the Hillsborough disaster in 1989, and despite being banned from Europe for 6 years, were involved in 25 violent clashes across Europe from 2003 to 2007. A club that despite suffering 96 deaths from crushing in an overcrowded pen at Hillsborough took 40,000 fans to Athens with a ticket allocation of only 17,000. Fans who tried to evade police cordons and who attempted to gain admittance to the stadium with forged tickets and even without tickets. And fans who stole tickets off children amongst their OWN support.

So in retrospect knock yourself out lads. I don't know if it's fitting in memory of the 96 who died at Hillsborough, but it's certainly the kind of stupid, tacky and cheap tribute that would be fitting to the fans of Liverpool FC.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I would have said much the same thing about the kind of people on this thread who think that a fitting and appropriate tribute to 96 dead football fans would be to play a song that has clearly and not so cleverly been chosen to illicit an angry response goading the opposition. Then I remembered it's Liverpool FC we're talking about. The club whose fans UEFA claimed in 2007 are the worst behaved in Europe. A club who despite everything in their history - the Heysel disaster in 1985, the Hillsborough disaster in 1989, and despite being banned from Europe for 6 years, were involved in 25 violent clashes across Europe from 2003 to 2007. A club that despite suffering 96 deaths from crushing in an overcrowded pen at Hillsborough took 40,000 fans to Athens with a ticket allocation of only 17,000. Fans who tried to evade police cordons and who attempted to gain admittance to the stadium with forged tickets and even without tickets. And fans who stole tickets off children amongst their OWN support.

So in retrospect knock yourself out lads. I don't know if it's fitting in memory of the 96 who died at Hillsborough, but it's certainly the kind of stupid, tacky and cheap tribute that would be fitting to the fans of Liverpool FC.

All of that is irrelevant unless you can show dirct evidence linking any of the 96 to those crimes you mentioned.

96 people who have been exonerated in a court of law by a jury I should add.

I am asking you for something very simple.

Can you provide this proof or not?

Edited by oaksoft

" took 40,000 fans to Athens with a ticket allocation of only 17,000 "

Really???? So f**k, how many Celtic fans went to Seville? I was in Paris in 1998, among about 30-40,000 Scotland fans for a game where we had less than 5k tickets for the opening game of the world cup.

It was the champions league final. Was there any crowd trouble, not sure what point you were trying to make.

I have my doubts that you are actually a real person with the shite you spout. You really are a fanny of the highest order!!!

" took 40,000 fans to Athens with a ticket allocation of only 17,000 "

Really???? So f**k, how many Celtic fans went to Seville? I was in Paris in 1998, among about 30-40,000 Scotland fans for a game where we had less than 5k tickets for the opening game of the world cup.

It was the champions league final. Was there any crowd trouble, not sure what point you were trying to make.

I have my doubts that you are actually a real person with the shite you spout. You really are a fanny of the highest order!!!

Wow....someone who doesn't know how to click a link. Yes there WAS trouble. There WAS many attempts by Liverpool fans to overfill their allocation despite ALL of the endeavours of the authorities. Ironic considering the verdict this week that would have us believe every Liverpool fan was a god fearing saint. Click the link I supplied.

All of that is irrelevant unless you can show dirct evidence linking any of the 96 to those crimes you mentioned.

96 people who have been exonerated in a court of law by a jury I should add.

I am asking you for something very simple.

Can you provide this proof or not?

I'm not accusing the 96 that died in 1989 of any wrong doing in 2007. I don't believe in reincarnation. I do think however that it's a completely stupid idea to honour anyone who has died at a football match by goading and taunting your opposition at a football ground.

But as I've said it's entirely the kind of cheap and tacky stunt those who continue to support Liverpool would do. Knock yourself out Oaksoft. Do as you wish.

I'm not accusing the 96 that died in 1989 of any wrong doing in 2007. I don't believe in reincarnation. I do think however that it's a completely stupid idea to honour anyone who has died at a football match by goading and taunting your opposition at a football ground.

But as I've said it's entirely the kind of cheap and tacky stunt those who continue to support Liverpool would do. Knock yourself out Oaksoft. Do as you wish.

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to why 2007 is relevant to the 96 who died and the expressions of solidarity on here for the 27 years of injustice their families suffered. Not a single person has suggested showing support for Liverpool the club. Are you really too stupid to understand what is being discussed?

I've always regarded you as reasonably bright and semi-amusing at times but I'll never understand why you don't ignore Dicko. I think most of us do by now. I only see some of his trash because guys like you keep quoting him.

They're as bad as each other. Probably deserve a thread for 2 where the rest of us can have peace.

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to why 2007 is relevant to the 96 who died and the expressions of solidarity on here for the 27 years of injustice their families suffered. Not a single person has suggested showing support for Liverpool the club. Are you really too stupid to understand what is being discussed?

Perhaps you can enlighten me why you think a suitable tribute to football fans who died at a football match is to play a song deliberately aimed at goading the opposition support into some sort of response. Don't give me any shite that the concept of this was to show any respect to the dead, it's all about getting it right up "The Rangers" whilst using cover of a "memorial" of the dead to do so. That's crass, cheap, and tacky. Indeed it's right up your street.

If you want to pay tribute to the dead how about extending the usual 90 minute silence at St Mirren Park by a further 6 minutes. It shouldn't be too hard for anyone - they've had plenty of practice all season. :rolleyes: