Falkirk , a club who we see as similar to ourselves , have had a great season with the experienced diddy Mark Kerr anchoring their midfield allowing the younger midfielders to flourish round about him. Goodwin is a far better and more influential player than Kerr , who couldn't get a regular gig in the SPL and struggled to get a club quite recently. I would get a degree of satisfaction if Goodwin got it right up Alec Rae next season ! IMO there is no-one at the club at the moment fit to lace Goodwin's boots as a midfield anchor !

Falkirk , a club who we see as similar to ourselves , have had a great season with the experienced diddy Mark Kerr anchoring their midfield allowing the younger midfielders to flourish round about him. Goodwin is a far better and more influential player than Kerr , who couldn't get a regular gig in the SPL and struggled to get a club quite recently. I would get a degree of satisfaction if Goodwin got it right up Alec Rae next season ! IMO there is no-one at the club at the moment fit to lace Goodwin's boots as a midfield anchor !

Are you mad? As much as I would like Goodwin to stay, I hope that Rae has called this correctly.

It's madness letting Godwin go as he is the type you need in this league though you can't argue with Rae regarding results. Reckon it must be money Billy it better be mate if he comes back know to play against us I will be passed off

He shouldn't be leaving saints. He is 34 and can still play whilst organisation is his strength. Under murray he was the only shining light yet rae plays agnew,carswell and quinn before him. Three of the worst players at the club. Don't anyone say quinn is doing well, he's absolutely anonymous. Jims been our fans favourite and is still wanting to be there fighting our cause. I find it sad that Alex can't find a role for him. He was a similar player at 35 for rangers. Good luck jim your a club legend

That was going well until your comment re Quinn. Do you actually watch the games or just look up when a goal is scored. How any one can fail to see that Quinn has added some dig in the area in front of our defence is beyond me. He may not be particularly creative but we are definitely more difficult to beat with Quinn in the team.

That was going well until your comment re Quinn. Do you actually watch the games or just look up when a goal is scored. How any one can fail to see that Quinn has added some dig in the area in front of our defence is beyond me. He may not be particularly creative but we are definitely more difficult to beat with Quinn in the team.

The signing of Quinn was one of the main catalysts for our change in form, and we really missed him in the period he was injured. Some of our fans are f**king morons.

Quinn has been the best of the January signings. He's also a different player to Goodwin (don't think I ever saw him being used up front). Would imagine/hope there is another player coming in as the direct replacement for Goodwin.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked by the folk who rate quinn. He is absolutely anonymous for most of the time and I'm amazed rae gave him 2yrs unbelievable.

Seems that you are absolutely gobsmacked by the manager, his assistant, and the vast majority of posters on here.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked by the folk who rate quinn. He is absolutely anonymous for most of the time and I'm amazed rae gave him 2yrs unbelievable.

I said when he was signed that most folk wouldn't realise how good Quinn is. It's not just about his work on the ball, but some folk can't see the big picture.

Quinn was again anonymous in second half today. Goodwin did more in ten minutes than he did

He was anonymous?

I genuinely worry about what some of our supporters are watching at times.

Quinn is a classic example of a player that you don't realise how much you miss in the team until he's not there. He's not as good as Goodwin in the role because he's not being asked to play the same role as Goodwin.

Goodwin crunched into a few great tackles today which was great to see but he still managed to needlessly give away the free-kick just outside the box which could have been very costly.

I'm very grateful for what he's given us but it really is time for the clear out that's long overdue.

Edited by davidg

What did he do today? Tell me? Tackles? Shots? Telling passes? Listen I'm not sure your watching the game right

He effectively broke up play, done the simple things correctly,moved the ball on to players better positions. As a man playing his role should be doing.

It's not all about flying into tackles and playing world cup passes. You can go about your job effectively without being outstanding. Quinn does this consistently.

It's been evident for a long time now that Jim Goodwin was not in Alex Rae's plans, this has caused much sadness amongst the vast majority of St.Mirren supporters, he,s the type of player that will find another club easily and we can only hope Alex Rae's decision to disperse with Goody's services is the right one. So far so good, it is apparent to many a St.Mirren fan that he and Faz have saved us from relegation again, so far so good and with a full season ahead who knows.

So farewell Jim and thanks for everything, you have been a good servant to St.Mirren over the years but the Saints will carry on and hopefully under the management of Alex Rae and David Farrell progress.