16 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Do you honestly think Dundee could afford the wages of both Strachan and JG? I would be shocked if GS went to a championship club with his CV.  Well done if they get him but it'll cost them a lot of money that I doubt they have.

Particularly when they are lots of clubs queuing up for his services. 

Is GS not a lifelong Dundee fan ? Probably made his money and happy enough to finally get back to a roll at the club he supports. Goodwin will not be a large wage either compared to what they have been paying in the Prem.

As for us if we had been advised OK was even contemplating leaving after Sunday then the board would have put subtle feelers to potential replacements. You would expect Goodwin would have been pretty much top of that list so the fact he is talking with Dundee suggests either OK going is a figment of certain posters imagination or JG has been talked to and is not interested,

33 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Do you honestly think Dundee could afford the wages of both Strachan and JG? I would be shocked if GS went to a championship club with his CV.  Well done if they get him but it'll cost them a lot of money that I doubt they have.

GS is currently unemployed and also banned from most if not all tv stations as a pundit

his current income is £0

i dont imagine he will be too difficult to deal with

It is easy to say that Goodwin worked wonders at Alloa - though they survived a play off by 1 point - and had a 7 goal worse goal difference to QOS below them.

They also threw away a 2 goal lead against us when we were in disarray...

They ended the season a bit like Hamilton - better than expected results late on... Hardly a phenomenal season. Don't get me wrong, I understand resources issues etc. But Falkirk who were dreadful all season ended up only 1 point behind them.

So folk are on here lauding Goodwin for a poorer showing (1 point off the 2 teams below them) than we did in the League above under Oran - and he is getting the meh!

I am a Goody fan - but he needs more manager experience at a bigger club before he will be ready for us. (IMHO) :guinness

Good luck to him (unless he is against us)

20 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

GS is currently unemployed and also banned from most if not all tv stations as a pundit

his current income is £0

You have no idea what his current income is.

30 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is easy to say that Goodwin worked wonders at Alloa - though they survived a play off by 1 point - and had a 7 goal worse goal difference to QOS below them.

They also threw away a 2 goal lead against us when we were in disarray...

They ended the season a bit like Hamilton - better than expected results late on... Hardly a phenomenal season. Don't get me wrong, I understand resources issues etc. But Falkirk who were dreadful all season ended up only 1 point behind them.

So folk are on here lauding Goodwin for a poorer showing (1 point off the 2 teams below them) than we did in the League above under Oran - and he is getting the meh!

I am a Goody fan - but he needs more manager experience at a bigger club before he will be ready for us. (IMHO) :guinness

Good luck to him (unless he is against us)

That's Dundee out of the equation. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

When has that ever stopped Dundee?

11 minutes ago, pod said:

That's Dundee out of the equation. :rolleyes:

I get your humour here - but Dee are a bigger club than Alloa ….

Not sure how stable they will be financially, but time will tell! How much is their new owner prepared to invest of his or the fans money?

1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

As its Dundee, they will probably take another risk for their 3rd Administration 

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Correct.

GS is NOT a lifelong Dundee fan.

Btw, I think 10 of Killie’s starting XI were at the club when Steve Clarke arrived.

Are you ever right? emoji1.pngemoji12.png

I asked the question so don't see how I could be right or wrong - as for the Killie part you have me stumped there totally !!!

his current income is £0
He may well be unemployed but I would expect due to his previous employment he is likely to be a millionaire, and will have a good income from investment. Doubt he would even get out of his bed for what Dundee could pay him [emoji99]

11 hours ago, saintargyll said:

his current income is £0

I'd imagine that having played in the English Premiership and Championship and managed at that level and with Celtic and Scotland and been a pundit on TV I can't imagine Strachan still needs an income.

As for Goodwin, I think he'll have a few offers and will probably take his time - the fact that Dundee tried to tap up John Roberston may make him think twice about accepting the job as well as questions about finance and foreign owners who seem to lose patience quickly with their managers (Hartley, McCann, McIntyre).

Guest TPAFKATS
I'd imagine that having played in the English Premiership and Championship and managed at that level and with Celtic and Scotland and been a pundit on TV I can't imagine Strachan still needs an income.
As for Goodwin, I think he'll have a few offers and will probably take his time - the fact that Dundee tried to tap up John Roberston may make him think twice about accepting the job as well as questions about finance and foreign owners who seem to lose patience quickly with their managers (Hartley, McCann, McIntyre).
Not sure if they lose patience quickly or just makd bad choices when appointing?

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 5/23/2019 at 12:48 AM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Not sure if they lose patience quickly or just makd bad choices when appointing?

It's an interesting question. IMO McCann was far better than Hartley and a lot better than McIntyre, I seriously expected McIntyre to turn them around but they probably went backwards. Recruitment just as bad as what went before and awful football.

McCann made some recruitment mistakes but they were still close to us  and Accies at that point and were still playing good football if I remember right, he may well have came good... however, thankfully they never.

45 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

The Courier hasn't been that certain of an appointment since Jack Ross took over there :lol: