Quinn Signs 2 Two Year Deal

FTOF

Indeed.

I'm afraid with the sad reality of the level we're currently at, a solid player with experience at the top level is going to be our benchmark.

Indeed !

I'm just sorry that the BOD and 90% of the support wallowed in our cup success three years back instead of us using it as launch pad for further success.

And here we are, stuck with the likes of Rocco Quinn and looking at at least a few seasons with the 2nd raters ...........................

Indeed !

I'm just sorry that the BOD and 90% of the support wallowed in our cup success three years back instead of us using it as launch pad for further success.

And here we are, stuck with the likes of Rocco Quinn and looking at at least a few seasons with the 2nd raters ...........................

Wee bit unfair there Billy

I agree totally about the BOD but 90% of the support?

Myself and my friends regard ourselves as the 3rd biggest team in the West as we were spoiled growing up with watching a decent team

I don't buy this poor wee team pish

Fakes,Ross County,ICT,Patrick and Hamilton shouldn't be lording over us

Never mind 5 clubs above us in this division

There's an apathy throughout the club and hasn't been run right since the cup win

Myself and my friends regard ourselves as the 3rd biggest team in the West as we were spoiled growing up with watching a decent team

There's an apathy throughout the club and hasn't been run right since the cup win

100% bang on.

clap2.gif

It's not unfair at all. Most of the support banged on about the cup win and how good a manager Danny was , for over a year afterwards , and it just wasn't true.

It's not unfair at all. Most of the support banged on about the cup win and how good a manager Danny was , for over a year afterwards , and it just wasn't true.

I tend to disagree with that assessment.

Most fans, due to the cup win, believed that because of the cup win, Danny had earned the extra time to prove he COULD be a good manager.

For me personally, he was an aspiring young manager with a lot of potential who was being undermined from within but was worthy of support.

Not having that.

None of the group that I attend football with, ever thought Danny was a good manager and were quite happy when his contract wasn't extended.

The cup win was great, but we didn't ever think that we looked as if we were going to become top six material and were well aware of our shortcomings.

It's just a pity the board made a rip roaring c**t of appointing a competent replacement.

Indeed !

This is the thing that annoys me most when wee clubs like us don't take the fabled "next step" after putting together a run of 5 games to win a cup. Launch pad to what exactly?

Nobody is going to pump money into a club because they have a run of 5 wins and a wee bit of silverware. Likewise, fans aren't suddenly going to start flocking back in their droves. We know what we've got in terms of support and it's pretty static. You can add about 1,000 homes fans to each gate if we're doing VERY well but that's about it.

We're a small club with a moderate budget and we may have a few more days is the sunshine before I shuffle off this mortal coil but we will never use those days as a launch pad for greater success as that simply won't happen for a club our size.

We should've been able to expect a couple of years in the top 6 but I genuinely believe that's it in terms of expectations. Every team, with the exception of Celtic, has toiled at the bottom end of the top league in my lifetime and none has managed to stay at the top for any real sustained period of time since the halcyon days of the "new firm".

We're likely going to be down here for a while. I didn't like how it happened but it was coming for a while. Once you make peace with it I think it gets easier.

For when we are right now, Rocco Quinn is a good signing. The right side of 30, rarely injured and has experience of top flight. Hopefully more like him to come in that couple of months.

Edited by DLBud

Pretty underwhelmed by Quinn. He's had a few good games for us certainly, thought he was outstanding against Hibs recently and very good against Morton.

However, he's also had his fair share of shockers, infact he's had just as many if not more bad games than good games. Dumbarton last week in particular, I thought he was awful.

The best thing I can say about him is that he's been okay. Was expecting him to be far better than okay when he signed. Hope he improves next season.

Pretty underwhelmed by Quinn. He's had a few good games for us certainly, thought he was outstanding against Hibs recently and very good against Morton.

However, he's also had his fair share of shockers, infact he's had just as many if not more bad games than good games. Dumbarton last week in particular, I thought he was awful.

The best thing I can say about him is that he's been okay. Was expecting him to be far better than okay when he signed. Hope he improves next season.

Rocco Quinn is one of the reasons that Mallan has come onto a game since the turn of year IMO.

Rocco Quinn is one of the reasons that Mallan has come onto a game since the turn of year IMO.

Mallan was our best player before Quinn came too...

For someone of his experience I was expecting him to offer far more. Ditto with Clarkson and Irvine.

Mallan was our best player before Quinn came too...

In your opinion.

I happen to believe that Watson along with Goodwin were our most consistently performing players.

Edited by FTOF