St Mirren Squad 2016/17

Yeah Lappin and Sutton would be fantastic additions. They might be getting on a bit, but I still think they would both do a job in this league.

Would love to see Simo whip in a ball from the left and big Johnny get his napper on it to stick it in the pokey. Smells like 2006, smells like the league title.

I think we scored ONE goal where Sutton headed in a Lappin cross in the space of the 18 months they played together.

A disreputable tabloid reporting that Aberdeen are also interested in signing ex Killie striker, Conor Sammon. They're also said to be interested in Greg Stewart of Dundee. Those would be in addition to Rooney, Stockley and Storey.

Shankland may not be back at us next season, but it seems pretty certain that he won't be playing for Aberdeen.

A disreputable tabloid reporting that Aberdeen are also interested in signing ex Killie striker, Conor Sammon. They're also said to be interested in Greg Stewart of Dundee. Those would be in addition to Rooney, Stockley and Storey.

Shankland may not be back at us next season, but it seems pretty certain that he won't be playing for Aberdeen.

I wonder what that's about. Perhaps Shankland doesn't fit with Del Boy's system of playing? If he was being freed or made available for loan again, though, you would think we would have heard something.

ETA - obvious answer is that they are waiting to see what business they can conclude before making a final decision. That would be the sensible approach, and something I seem to recall they also done last time round?

Edited by Drew

I wonder what that's about. Perhaps Shankland doesn't fit with Del Boy's system of playing? If he was being freed or made available for loan again, though, you would think we would have heard something.

ETA - obvious answer is that they are waiting to see what business they can conclude before making a final decision. That would be the sensible approach, and something I seem to recall they also done last time round?

They probably just think he's not good enough for them to be fair. Which is fair enough, 10 goals in a season in the Championship isn't exactly pulling up any trees.

Andy Webster signed on for another season. Poor decision thought he was poor most of the season and has not lived up to expectations.

But you, being "notabuddie", probably didn't see him that much. When he played well he marshalled the defence and carried the younger players with him. If I have a criticism, it's that he's pretty damn slow.

Edited by stlucifer

Andy Webster signed on for another season. Poor decision thought he was poor most of the season and has not lived up to expectations.

Thankfully player retainment and recruitment is the responsibly of the manager and not the fans.

Players like Webster & Clarkson will have fresh pre-season , new team mates to play alongside and a manager who gets his first chance of shaping the squad and tactics to suit his agenda and not that of the fans.

Rae did say when commenting on the fans,' I need to sort out the unacceptable home form, turn defeats into draws, draws into wins and it won't always be pretty'

That was more than achieved. Now he is putting together his team and players like Webster will have a fresh start from the manager and it's right and fair that the squad ( old and new players ) require support and a chance to be part of the team in the upcoming season before being consigned to the proverbial scrap heap by fans and supporters of other teams.

I'm glad he has been retained and look forward to seeing more new additions.

COYS