13 Players Are Released

St.Mirren have released 13 players. 10 players staying as they are under contract. Of the 13 who are leaving who are they? for Certain I know only of three for certain. Does anyone else know for certain who are the other 10 departing?

Leaving

Thompson retiring

​Goodwin no longer wanted by the management

Shankland Going back to Aberdeen

Edited by stripey

St.Mirren have released 13 players. 10 players staying as they are under contract. Of the 13 who are leaving who are they? for Certain I know only of three for certain. Does anyone else know for certain who are the other 10 departing?

Leaving

Thompson retiring

​Goodwin no longer wanted by the management

Shankland Going back to Aberdeen

So how Certain are you with these numbers...

I'd guess (5 certs, the rest we can speculate in terms of liklihood);

Certs

Thommo

Goodwin

Shanks

Watson

Clarkson

Almost Certs

Agnew

Howieson

Gow

McGrath

Carswell

Unsure

Kelly

Cooper

And one more of the academy lads in the first team squad.

I was not impressed with Gallagher under Murray. However he has improved and moved into the 'maybe keep' category. Plenty of effort and enthusiasm but hopeless in the air and doesn't have much ball control. But he is improving. Is it enough though?

I was not impressed with Gallagher under Murray. However he has improved and moved into the 'maybe keep' category. Plenty of effort and enthusiasm but hopeless in the air and doesn't have much ball control. But he is improving. Is it enough though?

I don't think we're in the position of throwing away players who score goals. He's chipped in with 8 this season which isn't bad given he's been playing out of position for most of it.

Definitely improved under Rae & Faz. I'd be more than happy if we could keep him another year.