13 Players Are Released

I don't think we're in the position of throwing away players who score goals. He's chipped in with 8 this season which isn't bad given he's been playing out of position for most of it.

Definitely improved under Rae & Faz. I'd be more than happy if we could keep him another year.

Agreed. He won't be on a big wage, so worth keeping as he seems to be improving, and, as you say, has a few goals in him. I'd also be happy enough if he sticks around.

Not saying I want shot of Gal. I would not be too fussed either way. He has been improving which is the big plus. Jimmy Nichol always said he was better as a wide player than through the middle so I feel under Rae the lad is playing in a position where where he is best suited and not as a striker where Murray played him. But a first pick in a Championship winning team? Maybe. Time will tell.

I like Gallagher.

He has a knack of getting into good positions, and has a good understanding of the tactical side of the game. Plus he has a tremendous work rate which helped us on attack and defence.

He linked up well with Clarkson, and Shankland.

He'll improve, was last season not his first full senior season as a starter?

Official statement

The 13 are...

Sean Kelly
Jim Goodwin
Alan Gow
Steven Thompson
Stuart Carswell
Cameron Howieson
Scott Agnew
Barry Cuddihy
Jaison McGrath
Alex Cooper

Keith Watson has also left St Mirren having agreed a deal with Premiership side St Johnstone.

David Clarkson and Lawrence Shankland also return to their parent clubs after their loan spells with St Mirren.

Can't really complain about anyone on that list.

Any surprises? Kelly, at a stretch, though he hasn't done enough for me over the last two seasons.

Cooper is decent enough at times, but will be no great loss.

I always thought Howieson had something about him, but he was never in contention under Rae for whatever reason.

We knew the score with Thommo and Goody.

Aside from that, its a meh from me.

Edited by Drew

Only 3 of the team that started our first league game 15/16 are still at the club. Naismith, Baird and Mallan.

A big turnaround in a season.

Slightly surprised at Cooper, not because I thought he was good but because he has featured regularly since arriving.

Only 3 of the team that started our first league game 15/16 are still at the club. Naismith, Baird and Mallan.

A big turnaround in a season.

Slightly surprised at Cooper, not because I thought he was good but because he has featured regularly since arriving.

Agree with your Cooper comments, I thought he was mediocre but thought Rae rated him.

Wish them all the best, can't see any going onto anything better than us mind you.

I think Shankland has a good future ahead of him (I appreciate you might not have been including him as he was always destined to leave regardless of what Rae would prefer).

I think Shankland has a good future ahead of him (I appreciate you might not have been including him as he was always destined to leave regardless of what Rae would prefer).

Yeah, I wasn't including Him, Clarkson or Watson. I should probably have been a bit clearer!

The main thing here for me is the swift, decisive action from the management team. Love that!

Personally I can't really find fault with any of the decisions but I wouldn't be slating any of the players leaving, at the end of the day these guys are now out of work so we should be a wee bit respectful.

Hopefully Gallagher will stay and if Mallan is to go hopefully it's for decent money for a change.

An exciting summer ahead!

Can't really complain about anyone on that list.

Any surprises? Kelly, at a stretch, though he hasn't done enough for me over the last two seasons.

Cooper is decent enough at times, but will be no great loss.

I always thought Howieson had something about him, but he was never in contention under Rae for whatever reason.

We knew the score with Thommo and Goody.

Aside from that, it a meh from me.

Agree , there is a football player in there somewhere, mibbee he`s just not Raes cup of tea.

Also , cooper . could never understand him getting a game ahead of Morgan.

No real surprises. A little disappointed that Kelly is going. Feel he can still do us a turn especially as he can play in a number of positions. However, accept he has been underwhelming when played other than at centre back this season. Certainly gives Rae an opportunity to put his stamp on next seasons squad.

Feel a wee bit sorry for Kelly. I think the guy has some talent but was probably played out of position. I saw him either as a centre back or a left-sided midfielder but we played him as a left back. I think he can do a job for someone else unlike many of the ones we punted. Best of luck Sean.

We got a list of those offered a new contract and others who were under contract anyway?

Gallagher and Webster are the only two who had one year options who we seem to have tried to retain. Not knowing the details of their contracts, we don't know whether we can retain them automatically or whether they have to decide to accept our offer or not.

The only first XI players under contract are:

Langfield

Naismith

Irvine

Baird

Quinn

Mallan

Morgan

McLear

Stewart

McAllister

Below is the first XI squad on the official site. So it looks as if Webster and Gallagher have either accepted or we've invoked our year option.

First Team Squad

2 Naismith, Jason DEF

4 Webster, Andy DEF

12 Langfield, Jamie GK

14 Mallan, Stephen MID

15 Baird, Jack DEF

17 Morgan, Lewis MID

18 McLear, Lewis MID

22 Gallagher, Calum FWD

27 Quinn, Rocco MID

28 Irvine, Gary DEF

49 Watson, Robbie SPR

50 O’Neill, Craig SPR

Edited by FTOF

Gallagher and Webster are the only two who had one year options who we seem to have tried to retain. Not knowing the details of their contracts, we don't know whether we can retain them automatically or whether they have to decide to accept our offer or not.

The only first XI players under contract are:

Langfield

Naismith

Irvine

Baird

Quinn

Mallan

Morgan

McLear

Stewart

McAllister

Based on that, we must be looking at at least 8 new players to come in.

Kelly will pick up a new club no problem. He's young, and can play a few positions. He's also not a bad player. Same with Carswell and Agnew I think, who have something to offer in this league. Just not in a 4 man midfeild where Mallan and Quinn have two places nailed on. Carswell probably on a decent wage too.