13 Players Are Released

If we were able to select some of the players we have released/sold-on in the past 3 years we could easily be challenging for at least a top 6 spot in the top league instead of struggling to survive in the second tier.

Edited by northstbuddie

If we were able to select some of the players we have released/sold-on in the past 3 years we could easily be challenging for at least a top 6 spot in the top league instead of struggling to survive in the second tier.

If yer auntie had baws, etc....

Kelly will pick up a new club no problem. He's young, and can play a few positions. He's also not a bad player. Same with Carswell and Agnew I think, who have something to offer in this league. Just not in a 4 man midfeild where Mallan and Quinn have two places nailed on. Carswell probably on a decent wage too.

The story that's going about is Kelly is joining the Polis and giving up the game

Was just about to ask about Wilks as well.

Thought Howieson would have done well in the middle just behind the forwards. Not a winger. But we'll never know. Cuddihy as well better in the middle not at rb.

Can't really complain about anyone on that list.

Any surprises? Kelly, at a stretch, though he hasn't done enough for me over the last two seasons.

Cooper is decent enough at times, but will be no great loss.

I always thought Howieson had something about him, but he was never in contention under Rae for whatever reason.

We knew the score with Thommo and Goody.

Aside from that, its a meh from me.

Pretty much my thoughts on everything. The defence isn't good enough and I suppose, by the numbers, if you keep Kelly the only room for manoeuvre in that department is replacing your player of the year. Howieson barely got a game in his right position under either manager.

Not fussed either way on them, the rest not fussed at all.

Kelly will pick up a new club no problem. He's young, and can play a few positions. He's also not a bad player. Same with Carswell and Agnew I think, who have something to offer in this league. Just not in a 4 man midfeild where Mallan and Quinn have two places nailed on. Carswell probably on a recent wage too.

Carswell and Agnew heading to ibrox.

First Team Squad

2 Naismith, Jason DEF

4 Webster, Andy DEF

12 Langfield, Jamie GK

14 Mallan, Stephen MID

15 Baird, Jack DEF

17 Morgan, Lewis MID

18 McLear, Lewis MID

22 Gallagher, Calum FWD

27 Quinn, Rocco MID

28 Irvine, Gary DEF

49 Watson, Robbie SPR

50 ONeill, Craig SPR

Perhaps an even bigger turnaround than this time last season?

Must be the thinnest we've ever been in attacking positions going into a new season. Big job for Rae but at least there's no one at the club now he doesn't want.

Last season we only started with 6 players from the previous season - Goody, Ridgers, Naismith, Kelly, Mallan, & Baird. Thommo and Gow were offered new contracts under Murray but they were free agents for a while. And of course we still had some U20 players who are still with us and now getting some game time like Morgan but the rest of the squad were all new signings.

Get Carswell on.

Kelly is the only one I might have kept from that list but more in hoping he could rediscover the form of a few years ago - he really has regressed so much under Craig, Teale & Murray.

Good to see Rae making all the cuts as soon as possible, hopefully he'll wont be hanging about getting replacements in so we can get a proper pre season with a full squad. Can't really argue with many of the ones he's let go apart from Goodwin but it was clear that Rae wasn't a fan from the start.

Big job for Rae but at least there's no one at the club now he doesn't want.

Could have been one or two more of the list of players leaving, I think.

As you say a big job for Rae, but at least he's well prepared.

Interviewer “How far along are you, in terms of your plans for next season?”

Alex Rae “Eh…I’ve got to be honest with you it’s relatively slow at the moment”

Fills me full of confidence for next season!

Roll on August, can't really be much worse than this year.

i can't argue with any names on the list, the only issue that I have is that they are by no means the only under-performers from last season

Webster staying is mystery, but i suppose he must be contracted to us. We should be working on a deal to move him on.

Langfield is not a championship-winning goalie in the making-there are too many pressure games next year (bear in mind, we failed in most of the low-pressure ties this term) for someone with his lapses of concentration and poor distribution

Kelly has been good before but shaded badly-hope he gets a decent offer and is on the up again under different management