Cult Fillums

Caddy shack

Nenenenenenenene, shudadudadudaduda, be the ball, Cinderella story, play through, round of your life your reverence, gambling is banned at Bushwood, I never slice, so what, so let's dance , you buy a hat like that you get a free bowl of soup, The world needs ditch diggers too.......

The film is so so bad, it's cult Dangerfield good

The Straight Story. Auld' guy travels across America on a lawnmower to see his brother before they die. Wonderful, gentle, interesting movie.

Totally agree a brilliant gentle story.

Untouchable a French film about a quadriplegic and his career. Fantastically funny and touching.

Recently got the remastered blu-ray release of Gregory's Girl which has been restored to it''s original widescreen cinematic aspect ratio. The best thing about that of course, is that you can now see all of the Rush posters on Gregory's bedroom wall properly ! thumbup2.gif

Recently got the remastered blu-ray release of Gregory's Girl which has been restored to it''s original widescreen cinematic aspect ratio. The best thing about that of course, is that you can now see all of the Rush posters on Gregory's bedroom wall properly ! :thumbs2

One thing you can't see these days is the big St Enoch Station clock under which Gregory stood in his white jaiket' waiting for his date. It was in the Cumbernauld centre, but a few years ago when they built the new Antonine centre joined to the old 1960s centre, they relocated the clock to an area that joined the old and new parts. Then about a year ago, they completely shut off a whole section of the old 1960s centre, with talk of a cinema chain (Vue?) having dibs on it to turn it into a new multi-screen. They also closed off one passage from old to new - so now the 'Gregory's Girl' clock is stuck in the closed off area. Shame, I liked walking past it on my travels. No sign of a cinema being built yet either. After the election, must contact my MSP to find out the state of play. That MSP will be Jamie Hepburn, SNP. If he doesn't win, I'll present Match of the Day in my scrunts.

Edited by pozbaird

One thing you can't see these days is the big St Enoch Station clock under which Gregory stood in his white jaiket' waiting for his date. It was in the Cumbernauld centre, but a few years ago when they built the new Antonine centre joined to the old 1960s centre, they relocated the clock to an area that joined the old and new parts. Then about a year ago, they completely shut off a whole section of the old 1960s centre, with talk of a cinema chain (Vue?) having dibs on it to turn it into a new multi-screen. They also closed off one passage from old to new - so now the 'Gregory's Girl' clock is stuck in the closed off area. Shame, I liked walking past it on my travels. No sign of a cinema being built yet either. After the election, must contact my MSP to find out the state of play. That MSP will be Jamie Hepburn, SNP. If he doesn't win, I'll present Match of the Day in my scrunts.

I heard a couple of years ago that they were going to close down Abronhill High School, is that going ahead Poz?

A bit sad . .

Suppose. Was a bit of a stooshie at the time but now Cumbernauld High has absorbed the snotty wee upstarts it has all been forgotten about. They should have demolished the 1960s town centre building instead and in doing so would have caused ten million quid's worth of improvements.

Seriously though, I actually like the 1960s town centre complex. As a keen amateur photographer I have got some good moody shots up there, and as the 1960s receed further and further into the past, I firmly believe these iconic 'concrete monstrosities' should be preserved. If we demolish all the so-called carbunkles, perhaps in another hundred years it will have been a deadful mistake.

I see that St Peters Seminary is being saved and turned into an arts venue. It really is a wonderfully spooky place. Cumbernauld centre has a lot of good shops and services in it. There is the new Antonine Centre which is good, and there's a good vibe about the place now. Wee independent coffee shops are popping up, the latest being Cafe Alba which is top drawer scran'.

"What we do in the shadows" by the kiwi makers of " Flight of the Conchords", a reality TV style mockumentary about Vampires sharing a house in Wellington NZ, it's absolutely brilliant!

Good shout! Watched it three times in as many weeks, very funny film.

Does for vampires what Spinal Tap did for rock bands..!