Winter Football

We're actually still in the season just now... Last Premiership games during the week, play off going on just now, cup final still to come.

"summer football" would entail starting in January and finishing in December.

You'd have the possibility of key end of season games, play offs, cup finals, etc, being postponed. You'd have the possibility of games at the start of the season being postponed. You'd miss out on games being played during Xmas and new year which traditionally draw big crowds.

The idea is ridiculous.

The clubs know it's ridiculous as well, hence why it'll never ever happen.

Mince

Summer football not for me. No inclination to go to the football on a Saturday afternoon in June.

Would rather we did away with the league cup and played league games during the week Aug-Oct, and Mar-may. Therefore meaning we could have a winter break.

Summer football not for me. No inclination to go to the football on a Saturday afternoon in June.

Would rather we did away with the league cup and played league games during the week Aug-Oct, and Mar-may. Therefore meaning we could have a winter break.

away with the league cup? Not for me. I get a lot more enjoyment from cup games than I do from league games.

Mid January to mid December.

Rubbish and I've explained how you shorten the season anyway.

You simply play plenty of midweek games during the summer months.

All Cup games for example can be played midweek.

Perhaps this conversation isn't for you. It requires an open mind and the ability to think outside the box.

Dinosaurs and idiots need not apply.

Edited by oaksoft

Definitely we need to be playing more games midweek and TBH I'm not sure why we are not doing so during the months you mention.