Barrhead Railway Bridge

HSS

Think I'll keep going the Blackbyers Road diversion route up to Aurs Road.

Used to go through the centre, but found that with the roundabout at the old spillers factory site, the former is much quicker.

Good to see they've finally resurfaced Caplethill road as the pock marked surface was an accident waiting to happen.

Think I'll keep going the Blackbyers Road diversion route up to Aurs Road.

Used to go through the centre, but found that with the roundabout at the old spillers factory site, the former is much quicker.

Good to see they've finally resurfaced Caplethill road as the pock marked surface was an accident waiting to happen.

The Gleniffer Hotel end of Caplethill Rd is closed tomorrow.

The roads/construction industry is probably the only industry that is still living in the dark ages. I remember when I was a kid , several decades ago , I would be in the car with my dad, we would pass road works and he would say "Spot the worker" I would then look to see four guys leaning on shovels whilst another guy might be moving things around or maybe the 5th guy is just picking his nose ..

That has never changed . .

Currently, they are building the so called missing link section of the M8 at the A8 corridor . They have seen fit to monumentally f**k-up every junction in that area and then f**k off to do something else. .

I think the sane thing here, would have been to repair all the existing roads we have to a reasonable standard before building another one . .

I think it's the middle section of Caplethill Rd that is closed to finish the resurfacing?

Wouldn't think that it needs to be closed.

They've had a contra flow all week, and one lane was already resurfaced by Friday morning.

Guest TPAFKATS

Wouldn't think that it needs to be closed.

They've had a contra flow all week, and one lane was already resurfaced by Friday morning.

Indeed. The raid was opened again by 1pm but they still not finished resurfacing the Borrheid bound carriageway. Traffic lights remain

• 5 years later...

Guys, you should see what is happening with roads and train stations in Europe, especially in countries that are not very developed. The term of repairs is often extended, something is constantly being redone, and so on. But the worst thing is when you can't find out your train schedule at all.
The only place where I did not feel this problem is Germany. And then only because of the website Deutschen Bahn Auskunft und Bahnauskunft, where there is a schedule of all routes.
It seems to me that such a service should be implemented everywhere. And so do we.
I hope that these inconveniences will no longer be present on my next trip to Europe.

Edited by keithmaclroz

Guys, you should see what is happening with roads and train stations in Europe, especially in countries that are not very developed. The term of repairs is often extended, something is constantly being redone, and so on. But the worst thing is when you can't find out your train schedule at all.
The only place where I did not feel this problem is Germany. And then only because of the website Deutschen Bahn Auskunft und Bahnauskunft, where there is a schedule of all routes.
It seems to me that such a service should be implemented everywhere. And so do we.
I hope that these inconveniences will no longer be present on my next trip to Europe.
Oh fur fuxake, think Div needs to use one of those "I'm not a robot" things.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:53 PM, keithmaclroz said:

I absolutely agree. I also used this service on a trip — a convenient thing.

• 1 year later...