Kyle Hutton - 2 Year Deal Confirmed

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

I can't imagine four weeks of his wage is going to do much to our January budget. If one of Mallan or Magennis becomes injured we are going to be down to one central midfielder in the squad.

Might be enough for the USH though

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I can't imagine four weeks of his wage is going to do much to our January budget. If one of Mallan or Magennis becomes injured we are going to be down to one central midfielder in the squad.

Then we bring him back as we did with Ben Gordon when we had a few injuries.

47 minutes ago, car-d bud said:

an empty seat in the dugout or hutton ?   much the same i`d say

Indeed.

Given Hutton's overall contribution this season, we'd be better with an U-20 midfielder or James Fowler in midfield instead of Hutton.

Good decision by the management team.

I would rather play Jordan Stewart at left back and Gary Irvine in midfield as a defensive mid if Magennis/Mallan get injured. At least Irvine seems to be have a bit of nastiness in his game and to actually boot a few things as we are far too nice and too afraid to put the boot in and actually foul someone before they get near our goal.

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

Given Hutton's overall contribution this season, we'd be better with an U-20 midfielder or James Fowler in midfield instead of Hutton.

Good decision by the management team.

Spot on. Would far rather we played a kid in there than Hutton. 

I think it was the Hibs cup game where we won, I wasn't there but read several reports which said Hutton had an excellent game. Not that I'm saying he's a great player by any means, but what do we gain by letting an experienced player go at such a vital point in the season?

We are currently starting with Mallan and Magennis in midfield and Clarkson starts every week too, I think he's meant to be a number 10. Moving aside from the fact we are losing every week with that central trio, if one of them was to become unavailable between now and January... who plays?

Quinn's as reliable as a chocolate teapot and there isn't any other first team midfielders in the squad. This is just the latest of a series of bizarre events at the club since April.

Absolutely agree.

The club has a former Scotland B international that has been told he's not needed anymore. A defender with 28 full caps who can't get a game. Another defender who was selected for Scotland squads although uncapped who only plays sporadically.

Now Hutton, a former Scotland Under 21 and under 19 cap is deemed surplus to requirements while uncapped at any level and pretty useless in every sense of the word Stevie Mallan continues to play with a completly untried youngster in beside him.

Either Jack Ross in incompetent, struggling to deal with a squad in complete revolution mode or he's been ordered to do some extreme cost cutting

35 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The club has a former Scotland B international that has been told he's not needed anymore. A defender with 28 full caps who can't get a game. Another defender who was selected for Scotland squads although uncapped who only plays sporadically.

Now Hutton, a former Scotland Under 21 and under 19 cap is deemed surplus to requirements while uncapped at any level and pretty useless in every sense of the word Stevie Mallan continues to play with a completly untried youngster in beside him.

Either Jack Ross in incompetent, struggling to deal with a squad in complete revolution mode or he's been ordered to do some extreme cost cutting

Or he's made an assessment of the squad and its performances in this division and decided a shake-up is needed, based on hunger and performances in training.

Your apparent insistence that wage and career history should guarantee a start is bizarre. 

18 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Or he's made an assessment of the squad and its performances in this division and decided a shake-up is needed, based on hunger and performances in training.

Your apparent insistence that wage and career history should guarantee a start is bizarre. 

....or it's just the usual trolling nonsense.

2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

I'm so glad you quoted his latest drivel or else I'd have missed it as I have him blocked. Must admit it's quite the mystery why two defenders who have been injured haven't been playing a lot lately.

Hutton may have been ok away to Hibs but in every other game game he has been bollocks at best and was abysmal at Morton and deservedly hooked at half time. He cannot get into a team that is bottom of the League says it all. We need players out and hopefully he will be one of the first for his sake and ours.

Hutton has done nothing since arriving well expect from gift dunfermline 3 points with a back pass! in his interview when he signed he talked about pushing on this season and perhaps adding goals to his game.

In reality he has been an awful signing, the only hope is that if he does appear again he comes back with an attitude of wishing point to prove a point and turns things around (however I doubt very much that will happen).

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

That's pretty desperate, even for you.

I think it was the Hibs cup game where we won, I wasn't there but read several reports which said Hutton had an excellent game. Not that I'm saying he's a great player by any means, but what do we gain by letting an experienced player go at such a vital point in the season?

We are currently starting with Mallan and Magennis in midfield and Clarkson starts every week too, I think he's meant to be a number 10. Moving aside from the fact we are losing every week with that central trio, if one of them was to become unavailable between now and January... who plays?

Quinn's as reliable as a chocolate teapot and there isn't any other first team midfielders in the squad. This is just the latest of a series of bizarre events at the club since April 2013.

Fixed it for you

• 2 weeks later...