West Ham Farewell From Upton Park

HSS

Back in the 70's and early 80's those lovable Scouse rouges would pick off visiting supporters and mug them, usually while holding their favourite weapon of a Stanley knife with two blades separated by a matchstick so stitching the wound was more difficult. I have the scars on my hands to prove it after refusing to hand over my money. Two Chelsea fans were stripped of their jeans, jumpers and shoes there was also three West Ham fans taken into a local pub for a friendly drink, where they were kicked unconscious. The funny thing was there was nothing when you went to play Everton. In fact Spurs, West Ham and Chelsea of the London clubs started forming their various gangs because of what was happening on trips to Liverpool.

Stoke is bad real bad, but ive never seen much at Birmingham, out with Millwall Spurs and Man U the worst I have ever seen was Leeds that was a running battle both to and from the ground.

Yes Oaksoft West Ham have a bad element to the support but I've never seen them attack or rob fans on their way to or from games, in fact I seen some of them take a young Portsmouth fan to the station and put him on the right train giving him money for food in the process.

If Carlsberg done irony................................dear oh dear. bye1.gif

Mindless arse holes. The biggest one, sorry, the smallest one being David Sullivan. Bus wasn't attacked and no damage to the bus? He's always been a wee twat.

Absolutely ridiculous behaviour from West Ham "Fans"

Utter Knobs......

Sullivan right at the front of the Knobs....

All man uniteds' fault for not getting there early according to Sullivan. What a clown. Quite like West Ham. Generally supported by the local community and not your glory hunters like Chelsea and Arsenal. Some of their fans let them down badly at times though. Their Boleyn farewell will probably be remembered for the trouble as much as the game and occasion. I went to a pre season tournament at Schalke with Newcastle a couple of years back and West Ham were there too. We were playing Malaga and their game followed ours. We were just watching the game when there was a commotion and the West Ham fans had walked through the stadium concourse into our end to cause bother, obviously catching everyone by surprise as all eyes were on the game.

Sullivan is a complete arse, but in one regard he does have a point. Man Utd were very late a few weeks ago at Spurs. Even if their bus had been politely applauded all the way down Green Street, surely they were already running very late. London is mental for traffic and is just crazy busy at the best of times. Where Sullivan is correct is in saying they should have been getting to the stadium far, far earlier.

They could have had a team meeting, a cup of tea, a wander around the playng surface, a light warm-up, watched the build up on Sky, drafted in a mobile tattoo artist to allow some of them to complete their full-sleeves....

They arrived so late they arrived into a massive throng that wouldn't have been there or been deinking so long had they arrived a lot earlier. Peltng their bus with missiles isn't on though.

Glad the Hammers won though. Was a great game.

Sullivan is a complete arse, but in one regard he does have a point. Man Utd were very late a few weeks ago at Spurs. Even if their bus had been politely applauded all the way down Green Street, surely they were already running very late. London is mental for traffic and is just crazy busy at the best of times. Where Sullivan is correct is in saying they should have been getting to the stadium far, far earlier.

They could have had a team meeting, a cup of tea, a wander around the playng surface, a light warm-up, watched the build up on Sky, drafted in a mobile tattoo artist to allow some of them to complete their full-sleeves....

They arrived so late they arrived into a massive throng that wouldn't have been there or been deinking so long had they arrived a lot earlier. Peltng their bus with missiles isn't on though.

Glad the Hammers won though. Was a great game.

Apparently the bus was 100 yards behind the West Ham team bus..............100 yards in four hours is pretty slow traffic, even by London standards!!

Used to go to West Ham when I lived in London in the late 80s and 90s. It was a pretty horrible ground and no loss if you ask me, though I understand fans' attachment to grotty, worn-out grounds...smile.png My abiding memory was that getting behind the team there meant 90 minutes of vociferous swearing at the players. Sounds familiar? Agree with the guy who said Leeds was bad for violence. Their fans used to fight each other. Mental.