Chinese Tranny With A Fanny

murray street

Not racist in my view, just an abbreviated term.

If no insults or abuse follows then I don't see a problem.

You're not on the receiving end, david, so you're not qualified to decide, I'm afraid. You may not want to cause offence but there's no denying it's offensive and/or derogatory in the ears of those it's describing so, no, there's no place for it in modern society.

You're not on the receiving end, david, so you're not qualified to decide, I'm afraid. You may not want to cause offence but there's no denying it's offensive and/or derogatory in the ears of those it's describing so, no, there's no place for it in modern society.

Really?

I'm on the receiving end almost every day in life, I'm not offended when my nationality is abbreviated.

No, you're just someone who turns down a Springsteen ticket.......

I only go to shows when there is a real A-list entertainer. Springsteen is quite a good chanter. Incidentally, bearing in mind the theme of this thread, I don't believe his music encourages racism as has frequently been suggested.

Jesus. Seriously?

Your use of the word Jesus in this context will have upset quite a few of our members judging by comments on another thread. I'm not one of them. The PC brigade go apoplectic readily on all sorts of occasions but Christianity seems to be fair play for some. Quite a few actually. Shame on you, Oaky.

Your use of the word Jesus in this context will have upset quite a few of our members judging by comments on another thread. I'm not one of them. The PC brigade go apoplectic readily on all sorts of occasions but Christianity seems to be fair play for some. Quite a few actually. Shame on you, Oaky.

The difference is that religion is a personal choice.

Being black or Chinese isn't.

Laughing at the first is fair game.

Denying the second and third jobs and equal rights is quite different.

Davidg compared Chinese jokes with Jock jokes. To the best of my knowledge, white Scots have never been oppressed.

TBH I am not really sure why so many are having difficulty getting their heads around the difference.

Is it a working class thing?

Edited by oaksoft

Davidg compared Chinese jokes with Jock jokes. To the best of my knowledge, white Scots have never been oppressed.

TBH I am not really sure why so many are having difficulty getting their heads around the difference.

Well Said. Everyone watch House of Cards rather than Eurovision

Edited by DougJamie

Dinky doo

No, I didn't make that comparison at all.

You have went on to abbreviate our nationally yourself, I just don't see the big deal in abbreviating other countries.

No, I didn't make that comparison at all.

You have went on to abbreviate our nationally yourself, I just don't see the big deal in abbreviating other countries.

I can see the logic in what you're saying but for whatever reason some "abbreviations" have become insulting/derisory terms, of that you can't deny.

To say that religion is a personal choice is a piss poor answer. In the enlightened UK I don't believe it to be totally true even of Christianity and that's before we look at the Muslim faith. In the UK I think Muslims have an element of choice but deserting that faith can lead to alienation. In Muslim countries abroad it's a different ball game. But of course Christianity in the UK represents the soft underbelly of religion and is open to any kind of abuse that anyone wants to throw at it. So for the sake of equality, let's hear you say something nasty about the Prophet Muhammad. And would you have the balls to say it publicly?

So far as colour bias is concerned, there is no place for it in any shape or form. Unfortunately it is a two way thing but popular belief seems to be that only white men indulge. Not true.

Working class? We all know you have a right guid conceit o yerself. but are you trying to hint you're upper class or some such. If you are I suspect a bit of the old bar sinister applies.

I have no problem with the main, monotheistic religions in this country and agree that everyone should be free to practice, always provided it doesn't impinge on the freedom of others to do the same. I do have a problem with practitioners who insist on doing just that, though.

Like politics, the ideals of these religions are corrupted by individuals who are in it for themselves and are nothing more than hypocrites. If memory serves me right, according to the Bible (if you can believe that source), Jesus himself had a similar problem...

Edited by salmonbuddie

poll tax ..oppression of the British region of Scotland. .

To say that religion is a personal choice is a piss poor answer. In the enlightened UK I don't believe it to be totally true even of Christianity and that's before we look at the Muslim faith. In the UK I think Muslims have an element of choice but deserting that faith can lead to alienation. In Muslim countries abroad it's a different ball game. But of course Christianity in the UK represents the soft underbelly of religion and is open to any kind of abuse that anyone wants to throw at it. So for the sake of equality, let's hear you say something nasty about the Prophet Muhammad. And would you have the balls to say it publicly?

Its hardly a piss poor argument if it is correct.

You were the one who mentioned Christianity in the first place so not sure where you are going eith the Muslim thing.

As for for the alienation argument? That doesnt stop religion being a choice. It merely highlights the control element associated with all organised religions. Why any sane adult would fall for any if this guff is beyond me but fill yer boots.........on the other thread though.....

Edited by oaksoft