Get It Right f**king Up You Newcastle

Stuart Dickson

We're quite right to look ahead with real optimism and to look down on our neighbours in triumphalism.

Away and register with a Newcastle United forum using the same username and avatar you use on here. Try your triumphalism there, use the same terms you used in the opening post in this thread... Let's see how that goes...

Basically, get yourself to fcuk.

Edited by pozbaird

Away and register with a Newcastle United forum using the same username and avatar you use on here. Try your triumphalism there, use the same terms you used in the opening post in this thread... Let's see how that goes...

Basically, get yourself to fcuk.

Charming.

This from the guy who puts half the forum on ignore because he doesn't like their posts. ????

Edited by faraway saint

Fascinating to see the knowledge and enthusiasm for English football on here.

Maybe not knowledge per se, not really fascinating either I'd suggest, but, having attended Newcastle games for ten plus years now and had a keen 'support'for them in that time, almost despite themselves, I feel qualified to comment and opine.

Newcastle United are a marmite club to a lot of folk, fair enough, but personally , I love them, their fans, the ground , the passion , the City. They are a bizarre team, mostly always unpredictable under dogs , despite their fanatical support and its loyalty., the club size. Attending their match days is a right good call and as I'm sure some others on here do with some other English teams , they enjoy the experience of the crowds, the facilities and sometimes even the football. To be honest some of the best times were when the Toon were last being promoted out of the Championship. It doesn't matter what league you are, it matters what you invest and what you get out of supporting a club.

If Newcastle could get their governance right, they really would be an exciting prospect. Attending Toon games is always a pleasure and the pre and post match is as good as it gets. In some ways it's kinda what St Mirren were all about late nineties, early 000's in terms of enjoying following a club.

Anyway, looking forward, very grudgingly to the Championship Toon next season, it'll be , erm different. As it is, next season , well , it maybe offers some chance for rebuild and get some honest spine about the team. It has been taken over by people and players who do not understand the Newcasle mentality.

Also, worthy of note, there are many fans of other teams throughout Englandshire that are genuinely jealous of Newcastle, they revel in their continual underachievement knowing that Newcastle are not displacing them from the top table. But that's for others, they know who they are.

Newcastle, a team that play in iconic black and white stripes, have a loyal and defiant hard core support. Now let me think.....................!?

That's not really true at all.

Newcastle are a victim by and large of dreadful decision making at Board Level. Year after year a potentially successful club is hamstrung by shabby corporate governance. The latest example, apart from the dreadful contracts that their Cheif scout was given, was the appointment of Steve McClaren, what an unmitigated disaster. He was hailed as a perfect fit for the job ffs ! By who ? The majority of fans were against it. The BoD then too late, realise he's an epic fail, decide to bin him , yet then allow him five more games thereafter, of which he loses four. Then after too much hesitancy, they finally land a fit and proper professional in Rafa Benitez. It's fair to suggest if the BoD had acted sooner, Newcastle would possibly have got out the mire. They could have amassed 40+ pts. Anyway, that's the latest BoD disaster...................stable door , horse and all that.

Sure they saw off Pardew, his shelf life was up anyway, saw off Big Sam, oh the irony. Last season they could have had Bilic, but no, opted for ' a pal' , again. That's where it goes wrong with Newcastle, board and recruitment. Bilic would have been a great fit imo.

This nonsense that Newcastle fans are like arrogant OF fans is utter drivel. Its far more applicable to Arsenal or Chelsea or Man Utd or City fans. Its a nonsense peddled by the media and commentators who know little about Newcastle, other than that they play in Black and White stripes ( bless ) All the Toon fans want is to have an honest team , a passionate set of players that win more games than they lose. Top 12 would be greeted with a great sense of achievement. To have a manager appointed that seemed to have some nous and a decent method, well so much the better.

Newcastle are a complete conundrum, a madhouse in effect. A great City, one team town, great fan base and a fabulous stadium to watch football. It would be quite a spectacular thing if Newcastle could get their collective shit together, but I'll not hold my breath.

I think part of their appeal is their madness, their complete sense of wtf are we really ?!

If passion won you league and cups, Newcastle would stroll it, their biggest handicap , their main problems though are in the boardroom.

It'll be a much needed clear out that's required for new season , I wonder just who will stand up and go !!

Aye, insert another 2 dozen teams for the same romantic fantasy.

Go to many other cities/clubs and you will get the same meaningless nonsense.

There are similarities in that many sets of supporters feel they deserve success, quite why is anybody's guess.

I agree the board have a lot to answer for but the demand for success from the support has added to the panic and changes that have, ultimately, led to the current demise.

Aye, insert another 2 dozen teams for the same romantic fantasy.

Go to many other cities/clubs and you will get the same meaningless nonsense.

There are similarities in that many sets of supporters feel they deserve success, quite why is anybody's guess.

I agree the board have a lot to answer for but the demand for success from the support has added to the panic and changes that have, ultimately, led to the current demise.

Yikes, I had you pegged as a far flung football romantic, oh well.

I would suggest that you insert 'demand for improvement 'as opposed to some 'demand for success'. Folk cannot get away from this myth that Toon fans are unrealistically ambitious, it's a complete no no that the fans create the chaos, that's not so. Success for Newcastle would be survival with a whiff of progression. They are not looking for Champions league and titles. The panic and change that you refer to has come from an inept board, not the clamour of the fans. Who sacks a manager then leaves him in charge for another half dozen games, a board that has lost the plot.

I would suggest Newcastle fans are utterly frustrated,most certainly, indeed justifiably so, they are certainly not guilty of being labelled unrealistic and madly over ambitious fantasists.

One of my big trips for next season is Real Madrid, now there's a club with impatient , intolerant fans with a madly inflated sense of expectation. Then again, they have won more European cups than any others, so if you cannae beat Espanyol, you deserve a public flogging !

It's fitba the world over I suppose and if the young ones want trips and want to experience games, what's a parent gonna do, try let these things happen for them. If daddy gets a kick out of it, hay hoh, everyone's a winner,,except it would seem the poor auld Toon.

Yikes, I had you pegged as a far flung football romantic, oh well.

I would suggest that you insert 'demand for improvement 'as opposed to some 'demand for success'. Folk cannot get away from this myth that Toon fans are unrealistically ambitious, it's a complete no no that the fans create the chaos, that's not so. Success for Newcastle would be survival with a whiff of progression. They are not looking for Champions league and titles. The panic and change that you refer to has come from an inept board, not the clamour of the fans. Who sacks a manager then leaves him in charge for another half dozen games, a board that has lost the plot.

I would suggest Newcastle fans are utterly frustrated,most certainly, indeed justifiably so, they are certainly not guilty of being labelled unrealistic and madly over ambitious fantasists.

One of my big trips for next season is Real Madrid, now there's a club with impatient , intolerant fans with a madly inflated sense of expectation. Then again, they have won more European cups than any others, so if you cannae beat Espanyol, you deserve a public flogging !

It's fitba the world over I suppose and if the young ones want trips and want to experience games, what's a parent gonna do, try let these things happen for them. If daddy gets a kick out of it, hay hoh, everyone's a winner,,except it would seem the poor auld Toon.

Good post..................................

C'mon the Toon. thumbup2.gif

(Who the feck are the toon? whistling.gif )

I can agree with this bit. It's healthy. It lets them see how the football business really can be done, and not just the grudged shit that is pushed out by so many Scottish clubs.

As for the rest though, I still can't see how you can defend the fans. Their demands over the years have been outrageous. They boycotted Jack Charltons side because he sold Chris Waddle and told the fans he would be doing things his way and signing lesser known players. They boycotted the club again during the Sir John Hall takeover, and the protested against Kevin Keegans and John Hall when they sold Andy Cole to Manchester United and signed Alan Shearer as a replacement. Souness, Dalglish, Roeder, Gullitt - all hounded out of the club for not being Kevin Keegan or Bobby Robson. And Allardyce, Hughton and Pardew all chased for not doing things the "Newcastle" way, whilst fans favourites John Carver and Alan Shearer were f**king car crashes in the job. And the abuse Joe Kinnear took, even after his heart attack, was frankly disturbing.

It's a circus at the Sports Direct Stadium right enough, only the clowns aren't just in charge - they're also buying up all the season tickets.

I can agree with this bit. It's healthy. It lets them see how the football business really can be done, and not just the grudged shit that is pushed out by so many Scottish clubs.

As for the rest though, I still can't see how you can defend the fans. Their demands over the years have been outrageous. They boycotted Jack Charltons side because he sold Chris Waddle and told the fans he would be doing things his way and signing lesser known players. They boycotted the club again during the Sir John Hall takeover, and the protested against Kevin Keegans and John Hall when they sold Andy Cole to Manchester United and signed Alan Shearer as a replacement. Souness, Dalglish, Roeder, Gullitt - all hounded out of the club for not being Kevin Keegan or Bobby Robson. And Allardyce, Hughton and Pardew all chased for not doing things the "Newcastle" way, whilst fans favourites John Carver and Alan Shearer were f**king car crashes in the job. And the abuse Joe Kinnear took, even after his heart attack, was frankly disturbing.

It's a circus at the Sports Direct Stadium right enough, only the clowns aren't just in charge - they're also buying up all the season tickets.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

So who was all surprised that someone conveniently ignored this?

Certainly no-one who is regularly subjected to his dribblings on this forum. I see the gobshite was having a go at Newcastle fans and their whinging / protesting / expectations / whataboutery....

Have some of this dickhead....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sunderland-fans-try-storm-dugout-5335941

Certainly no-one who is regularly subjected to his dribblings on this forum. I see the gobshite was having a go at Newcastle fans and their whinging / protesting / expectations / whataboutery....

Have some of this dickhead....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sunderland-fans-try-storm-dugout-5335941

I haven't tried to claim anywhere that Sunderland fans are the greatest in the world. Indeed I find on many trips down there that as large a percentage of Sunderland fans are utterly clueless about football as there is on this website.

I haven't tried to claim anywhere that Sunderland fans are the greatest in the world. Indeed I find on many trips down there that as large a percentage of Sunderland fans are utterly clueless about football as there is on this website.

Hard to believe when they have you to enlighten them.

Stuart, i said i wouldn't comment further but feel compelled to point out that in my opinion you've got a few things wrong. You say we want a team of geordies. Les Ferdinand, Malcolm Macdonald, to name but two were from nowhere near Newcastle but loved in their time here. Doesn't matter if they're from Mars as long as they give 100%. The fans actually loved Chris Hughton too. It was a major surprise when he got sacked and he was by no means hounded out. Yes, a handful of fans gathered at the entrance of St James' when Andy Cole was sold but were soon pacified when Keegan met them and said he knew what he was doing. That proved to be the case when Les Ferdinand was brought in. Not Shearer who in fact signed 18 months later to a fantastic welcome and not the protests you talk about.

Last night you were revelling in telling me how long it's been since Newcastle won anything but now we've got outrageously demanding fans. 61 years without a domestic trophy and 47 years since winning the fairs cup, yet we're too demanding?

Stuart, i said i wouldn't comment further but feel compelled to point out that in my opinion you've got a few things wrong. You say we want a team of geordies. Les Ferdinand, Malcolm Macdonald, to name but two were from nowhere near Newcastle but loved in their time here. Doesn't matter if they're from Mars as long as they give 100%. The fans actually loved Chris Hughton too. It was a major surprise when he got sacked and he was by no means hounded out. Yes, a handful of fans gathered at the entrance of St James' when Andy Cole was sold but were soon pacified when Keegan met them and said he knew what he was doing. That proved to be the case when Les Ferdinand was brought in. Not Shearer who in fact signed 18 months later to a fantastic welcome and not the protests you talk about.

Last night you were revelling in telling me how long it's been since Newcastle won anything but now we've got outrageously demanding fans. 61 years without a domestic trophy and 47 years since winning the fairs cup, yet we're too demanding?

Nailed it !

thumbup2.gif

That fans just loyally and fanatically support their team despite it all, it just so gets to others , its so Toontastic !!

As a long time Newcastle follower and regular visitor to the city, my view on Newcastle fans expectations is that with a superb stadium, 50k plus crowds, and a 'one city one team' location - they should be in a position to do better than they have been, but I have never seen a scweaming and kicking that they should be as successful as Man Utd for example.

One must conclude that StuDick is simply spouting complete and utter pish as usual, either deliberately designed to maintain his position as forum jester / WUM-in-chief..... or he simply genunely is a pig ignorant knob.

Quite happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. Just. I'm teetering on the edge of thinking 'knob'.

Next season? Come on Sunderland - do a 'West Ham' or 'Spurs'.... let's get the Tyne - Wear derby back ASAP with hopefully both clubs in future allowing others to squabble in the relegation zone.

Alan Shearer was signed 15-18 months after Andy Cole so was certainly not a replacement but don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Of course there is relief. Sunderland were in the bottom three for more weeks than any other side in the English Premiership this season including Aston Villa. Indeed it took an extremely impressive run over the last 15 matches - losing just 3 - to keep Sunderland in touch with safety never mind clinching it. However the fact is that yet again Sunderland have pulled off the great escape and this time round the club actually looks in pretty good shape with a good manager, some decent players on the books and some quality youngsters coming through. We're quite right to look ahead with real optimism and to look down on our neighbours in triumphalism.

This has a bit of Leicester City about it with regards to form at end of last season. I'm sticking a quid on Sunderland to win the league next season lol.