Get It Right f**king Up You Newcastle

Stuart Dickson

This has a bit of Leicester City about it with regards to form at end of last season. I'm sticking a quid on Sunderland to win the league next season lol.

I don't think Sunderland are likely to win the league, but there are plenty of similarities between Sunderland's improvement in form since the end of January this season, and the improvement shown by Leicester over a similar period in 2014/5. Sunderland are now much more difficult to beat and I see that Allardyce is looking for a £50m player budget over the summer to keep him at the club. There's a big rebuilding job needing done. The likes of Wes Brown and John O'Shea will have to be replaced to strengthen the depth of the back four. Yedlin and M'Vila are only in on loan and the likes of Bridcutt, Vergini, Coates, Fletcher, Matthews, Gomez, Graham and Giaccherini will no doubt be moved on a permanent basis once their current loan spells end. I'd trust big Sam to use any money he gets wisely.

Stuart, i said i wouldn't comment further but feel compelled to point out that in my opinion you've got a few things wrong. You say we want a team of geordies. Les Ferdinand, Malcolm Macdonald, to name but two were from nowhere near Newcastle but loved in their time here. Doesn't matter if they're from Mars as long as they give 100%. The fans actually loved Chris Hughton too. It was a major surprise when he got sacked and he was by no means hounded out. Yes, a handful of fans gathered at the entrance of St James' when Andy Cole was sold but were soon pacified when Keegan met them and said he knew what he was doing. That proved to be the case when Les Ferdinand was brought in. Not Shearer who in fact signed 18 months later to a fantastic welcome and not the protests you talk about.

Last night you were revelling in telling me how long it's been since Newcastle won anything but now we've got outrageously demanding fans. 61 years without a domestic trophy and 47 years since winning the fairs cup, yet we're too demanding?

So which one of your Martians hasn't been giving 100%? And why didn't a manager as experienced as Benitez spot this and drop them?

Be honest John - a large section of the Newcastle support are exactly the problem with your club right now. They want Geordies running the club, and they want Geordies playing for the club. Anything else isn't the "Newcastle" way.

Aye, insert another 2 dozen teams for the same romantic fantasy.

Go to many other cities/clubs and you will get the same meaningless nonsense.

There are similarities in that many sets of supporters feel they deserve success, quite why is anybody's guess.

I agree the board have a lot to answer for but the demand for success from the support has added to the panic and changes that have, ultimately, led to the current demise.

Watford. There's another that could be offered as a classic example of unrealistic and fanciful ambition. Flores pushed out the door. Wtf, its just utterly ridiculous. What's next, Elton back to tinkle the ivory , ooooeeerrrr whistling.gif

I don't think Sunderland are likely to win the league, but there are plenty of similarities between Sunderland's improvement in form since the end of January this season, and the improvement shown by Leicester over a similar period in 2014/5. Sunderland are now much more difficult to beat and I see that Allardyce is looking for a £50m player budget over the summer to keep him at the club. There's a big rebuilding job needing done. The likes of Wes Brown and John O'Shea will have to be replaced to strengthen the depth of the back four. Yedlin and M'Vila are only in on loan and the likes of Bridcutt, Vergini, Coates, Fletcher, Matthews, Gomez, Graham and Giaccherini will no doubt be moved on a permanent basis once their current loan spells end. I'd trust big Sam to use any money he gets wisely.

Sam was a great appointment and has plenty of experience at the wrong end of the table. Would imagine the remit is to avoid relegation again since he hasnt had a full season in charge?

Watford. There's another that could be offered as a classic example of unrealistic and fanciful ambition. Flores pushed out the door. Wtf, its just utterly ridiculous. What's next, Elton back to tinkle the ivory , ooooeeerrrr whistling.gif

I agree 100%. Astounded that this was discussed a while ago and has now happened.

No idea what they, the directors, expect?

I agree 100%. Astounded that this was discussed a while ago and has now happened.

No idea what they, the directors, expect?

It's what Leicester achieved

Daft directors seem to think this is the norm

They did it why can't we

That man done a great job with what he got to attend with

A few clubs next season my own included will be brought back down to earth

So which one of your Martians hasn't been giving 100%? And why didn't a manager as experienced as Benitez spot this and drop them?

Be honest John - a large section of the Newcastle support are exactly the problem with your club right now. They want Geordies running the club, and they want Geordies playing for the club. Anything else isn't the "Newcastle" way.

Simply not true. Steven Taylor's a geordie and so was John Carver. Though their hearts are/were in the right place, they are/were crap and get the stick that goes with it. Are Everton fans too demanding for wanting Martinez out? They've never been in any real danger this season and reached the FA cup semi. Arsenal qualify for the champions league every year and have won the FA cup the last two years running yet they call for Wengers head. Part of it with Newcastle is that from 1994 for a decade we regularly qualified for europe and had a lot of near misses finishing runners up in the league and cup. That obviously built up expectations. Now all we ask is to be able to compete and not continually struggle or merely exist. Though fans of some clubs are perfectly happy with that of course.

Edited by john scott

Simply not true. Steven Taylor's a geordie and so was John Carver. Though their hearts are/were in the right place, they are/were crap and get the stick that goes with it. Are Everton fans too demanding for wanting Martinez out? They've never been in any real danger this season and reached the FA cup semi. Arsenal qualify for the champions league every year and have won the FA cup the last two years running yet they call for Wengers head. Part of it with Newcastle is that from 1994 for a decade we regularly qualified for europe and had a lot of near misses finishing runners up in the league and cup. That obviously built up expectations. Now all we ask is to be able to compete and not continually struggle or merely exist. Though fans of some clubs are perfectly happy with that of course.

Well what you've got for all your wishes is relegation, budget reductions, a club that's even less attractive to decent players and what will now probably be at least a couple of years being "the most passionately supported" Championship club and the third best side in the North East. Enjoy the fruits of your labour....:rolleyes:

No secret that I love Newcastle, don't agree with what Stu Dick is saying though.

The fans are far from demanding. The don't demand trophies, don't demand Champions League football, don't deman European football. All the want is a premier league side with a mix of fight and flair.

Managers haven't been hounded out. I go to about 6 home games and 4 away games a season and managers don't get hounded out. Pardew got stick from the minority and as soon as this happens the press are all over it like a rash.

The only gaffer to get it from a large proportion of the fans was McLaren. I remember being at SJP and the whole stadium were singing " sacked in the morning" . This pressure from the fans was entirely justified, he should never have been given job.

Sacked by Derby, employed by Newcastle.

Expectation levels?

If they have the odd good season their delighted.

Their version of " Hello Hello" sums them up.

" we're gonna win f**k all again, were gonna win f**k all. But we still follow united"

They don't expect much but they do expect better.

Edited by davidg

No secret that I love Newcastle, don't agree with what Stu Dick is saying though.

The fans are far from demanding. The don't demand trophies, don't demand Champions League football, don't deman European football. All the want is a premier league side with a mix of fight and flair.

Managers haven't been hounded out. I go to about 6 home games and 4 away games a season and managers don't get hounded out. Pardew got stick from the minority and as so as this happens the press are all over it like a rash.

The only gaffer to get it from a large proportion of the fans was McLaren. I remember being at SJPAnd the whole stadium were singing " sacked in the morning" . This pressure from the fans was entirely justified, he should never have been given job.

Sacks by Derby, employed by Newcastle.

Expectation levels?

If they have the odd good season their delighted.

Their version of " Hello Hello" sums them up.

" we're gonna win f**k all again, were gonna win f**k all. But we still follow united"

They don't expect much but they do expect better.

^^^^^^^ Blootered. lol.gif

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...