This Thursdays Meeting Regarding Fan Ownership

This bid will most likely fail. We have a small support, and for it to be split due to petty personal and political reasons is very sad. This is about St Mirren Football Club, not about political parties, not about any previous bid, but the opportunity for the fans to own the club. If you're not buying into it for any reason other than financial or footballing reasons, we will all probably live to regret it soon enough.

This bid will most likely fail. We have a small support, and for it to be split due to petty personal and political reasons is very sad. This is about St Mirren Football Club, not about political parties, not about any previous bid, but the opportunity for the fans to own the club. If you're not buying into it for any reason other than financial or footballing reasons, we will all probably live to regret it soon enough.

Or it may fail due to not inspiring the same number of fans who signed up for the failed 10,000 Hours bid just a few seasons ago.

In return for forking out almost £1,500 over 10 years a members gets 1 vote out of 1,000 to elect one board member. Do clubs like Dundee and Dundee United not have fan representatives on their boards without fans paying to elect them?

If everything works out with the plans the fans will own the club in 10 years time... and in the meantime as a result of fans paying £12 a month the club will have an extra £2k a month to spend.

Do we know who will join Gordon Scott on the board besides the fans representative? Presumably most of the Douglas Street consortium will retire if the SMISA bid is successful.

Gordon said tonight he is open to having more fans on the board and he is open to anyone who has the right expertise ( ie st Mirren supporting businessmen ) and who can come in with fresh ideas to get the club moving upwards again which seems pretty refreshing to me .

The club desperately needs fresh ideas and enthusiasm the current BOD have served their time and by their own admission are tired and lacking new ideas

Edited by gazmc83

Gordon said tonight he is open to having more fans on the board and he is open to anyone who has the right expertise ( ie st Mirren supporting businessmen ) and who can come in with fresh ideas to get the club moving upwards again which seems pretty refreshing to me .

The club desperately needs fresh ideas and enthusiasm the current BOD have served their time and by their own admission are tired and lacking new ideas

It's good Gordon's open minded about potential BoD members... has he got anyone lined up, or are we to sign up for a takeover bid where the BoD if his bid is successful will be:

Gordon Scott (chairman)

SMISA representative (elected by SMISA members)

?

?

?

and the plan to take the club forward is if the bid is a success fans will own the club and we can grow the fanbase by doing:

?

?

?

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

I spoke with Gordon Scott st the meeting in April and he is confident of having a strong BOD.Chris Stewart has indicated his willingness to remain on the Board and obviously the current staff will most likely remain in place with Tony remaining as Chief Executive.Much to look forward to I am confident Gordon will be a fine ambitious Chairman.

I spoke with Gordon Scott st the meeting in April and he is confident of having a strong BOD.Chris Stewart has indicated his willingness to remain on the Board and obviously the current staff will most likely remain in place with Tony remaining as Chief Executive.Much to look forward to I am confident Gordon will be a fine ambitious Chairman.

There's flaw straight away.

Nice man, great football servant for St Mirren, CEO.....................sorry, not for me.

Well for one the initiative to bring a friend for free seemed to work well , ( which I believe was his idea )and get all 4 sides of the stadium pretty full with St Mirren fans , he also brought some much needed positivity into the club when we really needed it . Whilst Alex Rae has been on holiday in the Algarve Tony has been concluding the 3 recent deals as well, he has only been in the job a few months so let's give him a chance

Edited by gazmc83

:P

Well for one the initiative to bring a friend for free seemed to work well , ( which I believe was his idea )and get all 4 sides of the stadium pretty full with St Mirren fans , he also brought some much needed positivity into the club when we really needed it . Whilst Alex Rae has been on holiday in the Algarve Tony has been concluding the 3 recent deals as well, he has only been in the job a few months so let's give him a chance

only one home defeat since he became ceo too. Edited by Hambud

Go read the "bring a buddie" thread. lol.gif

I don't think "oor Tony" has the business sense, or common sense TBH, to be a real asset in this important role.

Let's see what happens if the SMISA bid is successful, could mean changes.

tongue.png only one home defeat since he became ceo too.

That's it, I've changed my mind. thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

Change his title to GLC...................Good Luck Charm. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I don't think "oor Tony" has the business sense, or common sense TBH, to be a real asset in this important role.

]

Gordon default/lol.gif

go Edited by gazmc83

Change his title to GLC...................Good Luck Charm. lol.gif

Never mind go bring a buddie thread, read any thread where someone tries to do something good or different.

Leave our Tony alone.

Guest TPAFKATS

I was of the opinion that fitzy should be given time in his post and judged accordingly, then you tell us he's in charge of concluding deals to sign players. Oh lordy...

30 days left and still need 410 people to sign up, I'm not liking the look of that. Would require 14 sign ups everyday to put this through. Would be a shame if it fails, £12 a month isn't a lot at all and we have a big enough fan base (13,000 likes on Facebook page alone). Would think fans that don't go to the games could help out their club with a direct debit that's less than the TV license!

I was of the opinion that fitzy should be given time in his post and judged accordingly, then you tell us he's in charge of concluding deals to sign players. Oh lordy...

He's taken over form Brian so I would imagine he would be doing a similar role to what Brian did... Edited by gazmc83

He'll not be selecting them, though.

Will he...?

30 days left and still need 410 people to sign up, I'm not liking the look of that. Would require 14 sign ups everyday to put this through. Would be a shame if it fails, £12 a month isn't a lot at all and we have a big enough fan base (13,000 likes on Facebook page alone). Would think fans that don't go to the games could help out their club with a direct debit that's less than the TV license!

Managed more than half the 1000 target in a month. This month however signups will start slow and then increase closer towards the end.

Edited by barrymitchell

What's a TV license???? :)