Ralston Snobs In Uproar

Are you at the wind up every kid swears they hear it day in day out at school or at home and you want a football club to teach them better .

Not at all. I ran a kids football team and we taught them better. Not that they didn't swear...but they were taught that there is a time and a place and that unless they had turrets training with team mates wasn't the time or the place.

Quite right to complain, the last thing anybody needs is unnecessary swearing when sitting in your own property.

Unlike elvis I think it is the clubs responsibility to instruct youngers that you don't HAVE to swear to communicate.

FFS.

The locals are perfectly correct to complain.

Nothing snobby about having a problem with people yelling, screaming and swearing at the top of their voices day and night.

Why should anyone have to put up with that?

Edited by oaksoft

Not at all. I ran a kids football team and we taught them better. Not that they didn't swear...but they were taught that there is a time and a place and that unless they had turrets training with team mates wasn't the time or the place.

So they are allowed to swear if they live in a castle!? holiday.gif

Why don't we all come round to your place and swear and shout, see if you complain. Its got F all to do with Ralston folks. Your obviously the snob here !!

I've been at the complex many times wither its been training sessions or games and don't recall a single person swearing.

It was only under 16 and below teams I've seen/heard and even with the opposition's only ever heard encouragement and constructive criticism and even that wasn't shouted loudly.

So if the problem is senior players get the fines in place and change behaviour whilst doing something good for the community

Why don't we all come round to your place and swear and shout, see if you complain. Its got F all to do with Ralston folks. Your obviously the snob here !!

Wrong on two levels.

1. It has everything to do with Ralston folk as it's them that's complaining....

A large number of Ralston people opposed the move to build it and launched an action group against it, saying they could be affected by foul language, traffic, car parking and loss of privacy.

Paul Masteron, new chairman of Ralston Community Council, welcomed Mr Fitzpatrick’s visit to the group.

He said: “There is an excess amount of swearing and noise coming from the ground and residents are concerned about that.

2. Me. A snob?! I'll crack the jokes..... lol.gif

For what it's worth, I actually, for once agree with Dicko. I do think that this sort of thing should be drilled into youth player's mentality, if for nothing else, than having a respect for the club and the community. A bit like Shull's distaste for Jessie boots. Sir Alex admitted that he only allowed first team players to wear anything but black boots. You had to earn the right.

Nowt wrong with a bit of discipline.

Sadly the kids nowadays don't just hear it in the playground, you hear it regularly on the BBC (e.g. Have I got news for you over the weekend) when the F word was openly used. It's a bit like bastardising the English language, which is regularly throttled by many tv pundits, both north and south of the border. Once allowed it becomes part of the scenery.

This isn't isolated either, many more programmes and songs now openly use swearing in the context of normal language.

That isn't an argument however in condoning it, and as it has been said, a swear word in context or as a reaction is almost tolerable and probably understandable, no matter the age.

I can imagine that there will be occasions however when it isn't checked at Ralston and as a result, once they use it and get away with it, then habitually they will continue to swear.

The Herbmeister has already demonstrated he's happy to swear at his own customers on Facebook if they happen to post a different view on St Mirren to himself!

Guest TPAFKATS

Get em f**king telt Tony as Jocky Scott once nearly said "Gonna stoap f**king Swearing ya wee c**t."

Edited due to industrial language.

Loving the edit :-D Edited by TPAFKATS

Was this not raised a couple of years ago too, probably not long after the training ground opened? Do we hear the people of Ferguslie complaining that border Ferguslie Sports centre about the language used there?

Do you know that their is foul language used there?

If so, maybe the people of Ferguslie don't see it as an issue. whistling.gif

However that's irrelevant if the residents of Ralston are fed up with employees of a professional football club swearing on a regular basis.

Would you be quite happy sitting in your garden on a lovely day, maybe young family members in attendance, and every few minutes you heard "effing and blinding".........................

PS The thread title of "snobs" is quite funny, is it still the 1960's/70's or do people still have a chip on their shoulder about people having nice houses?

Edited by faraway saint

You wonder if the amount of swearing at the training ground has actually been taken out of proportion, just to raise a complaint.

There are coaches and players who shout instructions etc during games and this will be the case here. Locals adding in to their complaint that 'there is swearing' in my opinion is only really a way of getting the club to hear their voice and do something about the noise levels when matches are on.