Ralston Snobs In Uproar

• 4 months later...
On 17 May 2016 at 0:57 PM, faraway saint said:

Quite right to complain, the last thing anybody needs is unnecessary swearing when sitting in your own property.

Unlike elvis I think it is the clubs responsibility to instruct youngers that you don't HAVE to swear to communicate.

Your correct , not necessary . Also Jack Ross himself I'd imagine won't suffer that nonsense . More to the point good performance on Saturday and certain Ross will make us create more opportunities so we just need a forward who wants to make a name for himself 

We all have a view on this I guess. Mine is that they have no need to swear.

Is it compulsory? If so - who said so?

The club has an opportunity and perhaps a duty along with its employees and fans to create and maintain a positive image of the club and nascent city!

If I bring young people to the games I now go into the family stand where a banner requests fans not to swear and guess what it works!

All that is needed is to adhere to the message but still make a noise to support the team surely?

We all have a view on this I guess. Mine is that they have no need to swear.

Is it compulsory? If so - who said so?

The club has an opportunity and perhaps a duty along with its employees and fans to create and maintain a positive image of the club and nascent city!

If I bring young people to the games I now go into the family stand where a banner requests fans not to swear and guess what it works!

All that is needed is to adhere to the message but still make a noise to support the team surely?

Did you not hear the nasty player use swearies right in front of the family stand on Saturday?
I had to remind him to mind his effin language!
Shocking.

This is petty points scoring by a certain group of individuals who are not Saints fans. Ridiculous the way they are behaving and the fact it's being reported in the press.

Ridiculous? It sounds to me like St Mirren are acting like nightmare neighbours spoiling for an ASBO. The club needs to clean up its act if it wants to be seen as a valued and important part of the community

15 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Did you not hear the nasty player use swearies right in front of the family stand on Saturday?
I had to remind him to mind his effin language!
Shocking.

He didn't see the sign. Must have been pointing in the wrong direction.

It's quite simple to fix. First you explain to the players swearing is not a acceptable. Second you fine those responsible. Third you audio record outside training facilities. None is expensive and you have factual e evidence with time. Money for fins can go to players Christmas fund. That's how I would play it.

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's quite simple to fix. First you explain to the players swearing is not a acceptable. Second you fine those responsible. Third you audio record outside training facilities. None is expensive and you have factual e evidence with time. Money for fins can go to players Christmas fund. That's how I would play it.

f**k the players fund. Why should they benefit from their own misadventures. If the club wants to repair it's reputation I'd agree with your actions up to the point of where the fine money is to be used. Instead of benefiting players use the cash to buy Christmas presents for kids that are going to be in hospital over Christmas and get those who were the most guilty to deliver the presents themselves. 

f**k the players fund. Why should they benefit from their own misadventures. If the club wants to repair it's reputation I'd agree with your actions up to the point of where the fine money is to be used. Instead of benefiting players use the cash to buy Christmas presents for kids that are going to be in hospital over Christmas and get those who were the most guilty to deliver the presents themselves. 

Yes would agree with that.

5 hours ago, shull said:

Never reward players with a bevvy session. 

Just fine them heavily and return the money to the Club 

I think the players have too much leisure time. 

Lead by example would be my shout. From top down just cut it out.

Agree a system where fines are levied and money raised given to a local charity.

Residents in Ralston or in the street where you live, or I live should be spared this.

12 minutes ago, HSS said:

Did the residents of ralston not notice there were pitches at the bottom of the garden when they bought their houses?

It's like buying a house near a church and complaining about bells ringing.

While there's a degree of truth in your comparison they might well have expected some noise but I still think swearing, and there could be varying levels at times, is not acceptable while sitting in your property, especially if you have children present. 

17 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sounds a bit fishy to me? Agree no point rewarding turkey's for their misdemeanours Christmas or no Christmas.

33 minutes ago, HSS said:

Did the residents of ralston not notice there were pitches at the bottom of the garden when they bought their houses?

It's like buying a house near a church and complaining about bells ringing.

The blaes pitches had been there for many a year and were never really used, other than teenagers having a drink on them at night. When they became used as a training ground the usage increased dramatically.

I live the other side of Glasgow Road and can hear the noise from the pitches on certain days, not enough to make out the words being used. Doesn't bother me, but I could understand if your garden did back onto it you would be able to make out what is being said.