Renfrewshire Derby Under 20S

This idea was thrown about last season but as far as I know never happened. I think it would be really good as part of the pre-season. Morton under 20s won the second tier and ours came third in the top tier. Would be a great chance for the lads to show what they can do and potential confidence boost if they win the trophy. Still get a decent crowd id imagine even if it's under 20s. Thoughts?

Not sure it's that daft. We're going to have Morton in our League Cup Group which means we'll be playing them at least 5 times next season, more if we were to meet them in the promotion play offs (no laughing at the back please) or either of the other two cups.

The Renny Cup served a purpose when they were fannying around in the seaside leagues, but now we are meeting regularly I don't think it's necessary.

Not sure it's that daft. We're going to have Morton in our League Cup Group which means we'll be playing them at least 5 times next season, more if we were to meet them in the promotion play offs (no laughing at the back please) or either of the other two cups.

The Renny Cup served a purpose when they were fannying around in the seaside leagues, but now we are in the seaside leagues too I don't think it's necessary.

FIFY

The Renny Cup served a purpose when they were fannying around in the seaside leagues, but now we are meeting regularly I don't think it's necessary.

Completely agree at senior level. Just think it would be an extra wee buzz for the under 20s squad to be in with a chance of winning one of the worlds oldest football tournaments. Would add something to pre-season as well, imagine would still see a decent crowd and could see who the shinning lights are in the under 20s potentially looking to break into the main squad for the upcoming season.