Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's my answer, you're making a right arse of yourself. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

No need to get upset, you can't help having a bad day.

Come back tomorrow, I'll ease up on you. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

Oh, the irony! Flush.gif

If I promise to come back tomorrow will you have an answer as to why I should not advocate for a new referendum if circumstances change?

Edited by Bud the Baker

Oh, the irony! Flush.gif

If I promise to come back tomorrow will you have an answer as to why I should not advocate for a new referendum if circumstances change?

I love the way you have "subtly" exchanged "until we get the correct result" for "if circumstances change"!

Priceless manipulation.

Why selectively quite?

The part I quoted was the relevant part and very clear in its meaning...

You are no respector of democracy and will continue banging your feet in a tantrum till you get what you want.

Every subsequent post has only served to prove that point to be true!

Stewart I'm not worried about right wing surge I'm voting out because the EU is not democratic also EU has pushed money Spain way to build a fleet of fishing boats to come fish in our waters . I want to see our waters returned to our fishermen . I also want to see profits from Scots rail kept in Scotland rather than going to Holland of which there are plenty of examples throughout the UK. These are just a few examples why I want us to leave the EU. When we started inviting in so called poorer counties to join the EU financial problems and imagination was always going to be an issue.

Well talking about not being democratic - I see the MSP's at Hollyrood yesterday voted overwhelmingly to back an SNP motion calling for the UK to remain in Europe. Why they would waste their time with such a vote when the people will get their say soon anyway is beyond me but then I guess wasting time and getting paid shitloads of taxpayers money for it is exactly what the Scottish Parliament does best.

Anyway only 8 MSP's out of 129 voted to against the motion. That's just 6.2% of our representatives voting to exit. Yet opinion polls in Scotland show that 46% of Scots want to stay in the EU, and 54% would vote to leave. Right now Holyrood doesn't look very representative of the people - does it?

The SNP aren't even representative of their own voters

The Daily Mail poll on 29 February found 33% of pro-Scottish independence voters backed a Brexit, against 25% who would vote leave.
Edited by Stuart Dickson

So you would accept unfettered government by the Old Etoryian (sic) party of Cameron, Johnson and Osbourne.

No-one is advocating an Indy referendum every six months until the correct result is achieved but neither should the 2014 result be regarded as a free ticket for 20 years.

There we have it... The democratic approach and understanding of a two year old!

Here's me thinking that democracy meant all having a vote and then respecting the will of the majority!

Oh, the irony! Flush.gif

I love the way you have "subtly" exchanged "until we get the correct result" for "if circumstances change"!

Priceless manipulation.

Why selectively quite?

The part I quoted was the relevant part and very clear in its meaning...

You are no respector of democracy and will continue banging your feet in a tantrum till you get what you want.

Every subsequent post has only served to prove that point to be true!

There's the sequence of posts, now in my original post I stated there should be "no free ticket for 20 years" and that means if and only if circumstances change then we should be allowed to consider the option of a new Indy referendum - I've changed nothing in the course of my posts.

Politics is an ongoing issue and if you lose once then you campaign and argue and hope for circumstances in which a decision can be reversed - that's not having a tantrum, that's getting on with life.

There's the sequence of posts, now in my original post I stated there should be "no free ticket for 20 years" and that means if and only if circumstances change then we should be allowed to consider the option of a new Indy referendum - I've changed nothing in the course of my posts.

Politics is an ongoing issue and if you lose once then you campaign and argue and hope for circumstances in which a decision can be reversed - that's not having a tantrum, that's getting on with life.

It seems strange though to want the UK to exit the EU against Scotlands wishes, regardless of whether it's best for Scots or not, just so you can get another independence referendum.

I wouldn't say that was very nationalistic or very patriotic of you.

It seems strange though to want the UK to exit the EU against Scotlands wishes, regardless of whether it's best for Scots or not, just so you can get another independence referendum.

I wouldn't say that was very nationalistic or very patriotic of you.

Erm, that's pretty much the opposite of what I said unsure.png

If circumstances change then we have the right to advocate a new Indy referendum, although as I've said I'd love it, absolutely love it, if the smaller countries kept the UK in the EU against the wishes of the English.

"Until you get the correct result"!

Why can't you accept that the use of that specific phrase... In context... Is inappropriate and undemocratic?

How often should these votes take place?

I'm all for Independence but there should be 10 years from the previous vote before there is another.

(Hopefully that will be time for the OAPs and Loyalists to die off ????)

First I take it by not pursuing the point that you accept that I haven't changed the meaning of my posts.

"Until you get the correct result"!

Why can't you accept that the use of that specific phrase... In context... Is inappropriate and undemocratic?

Because you're quoting selectively and accusing me of meaning the opposite of what I said - read the words in red. I will not let you misrepresent me in this manner. I accept that the result of the 2014 election but as I've said politics is an ongoing situation, the debate continues, and if circumstances change then a new Independence referendum might be appropriate.

So you would accept unfettered government by the Old Etoryian (sic) party of Cameron, Johnson and Osbourne.

No-one is advocating an Indy referendum every six months until the correct result is achieved but neither should the 2014 result be regarded as a free ticket for 20 years.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Because you're quoting selectively and accusing me of meaning the opposite of what I said...

So you now believe Independence to be an INCORRECT decision?

I know you said politics change... but that is some kind of record!

Glad you saw sense eventually.

If I can be of any other help... ...

:P

I'm all for Independence but there should be 10 years from the previous vote before there is another.

(Hopefully that will be time for the OAPs and Loyalists to die off ????)

Aye, because they'll not be any new OAPs by then. ????????????

Not sure about Loyalists, depends how many were killed by Hibs supporters. ????

So you now believe Independence to be an INCORRECT decision?

I know you said politics change... but that is some kind of record!

Glad you saw sense eventually.

If I can be of any other help... ...

tongue.png

No, I accept we lost the 2014 referendum but I still hope and believe that I will see an Independant Scotland. I expect The Old Etonian/Tory party of Cameron, Johnson and Osbourne to polarize the situation and win us the next referendum.

No, I accept we lost the 2014 referendum but I still hope and believe that I will see an Independant Scotland. I expect The Old Etonian/Tory party of Cameron, Johnson and Osbourne to polarize the situation and win us the next referendum.

2014?

Was it really almost 2 years ago?

Must be time for a new one!

:P

First I take it by not pursuing the point that you accept that I haven't changed the meaning of my posts.

Because you're quoting selectively and accusing me of meaning the opposite of what I said - read the words in red. I will not let you misrepresent me in this manner. I accept that the result of the 2014 election but as I've said politics is an ongoing situation, the debate continues, and if circumstances change then a new Independence referendum might be appropriate.

Dear oh dear, almost in tears. lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

PS No more, my sides are sore, you've had a howler, I'm out, had enough at the Scottish referendum, it's over, get used to it.

bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

This is about the EU referendum ya trumpet. The clue is in the title of the thread.