Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So that would be 58% who want to leave.

Also, were they making out that some independence voters are anti-Scottish?

It was in the Daily Mail.

It must be true.

They'd never make any thing up to suit their agenda.

Maybe we should just refer to Fatty as "The Daily Mail" from now on, because his posts are a carbon copy of what generally appears on their font pages.

At least he's branching out from Wikipedia.

Edited by FTOF

Well talking about not being democratic - I see the MSP's at Hollyrood yesterday voted overwhelmingly to back an SNP motion calling for the UK to remain in Europe. Why they would waste their time with such a vote when the people will get their say soon anyway is beyond me but then I guess wasting time and getting paid shitloads of taxpayers money for it is exactly what the Scottish Parliament does best.

Anyway only 8 MSP's out of 129 voted to against the motion. That's just 6.2% of our representatives voting to exit. Yet opinion polls in Scotland show that 46% of Scots want to stay in the EU, and 54% would vote to leave. Right now Holyrood doesn't look very representative of the people - does it?

The SNP aren't even representative of their own voters

33% would back Brexit AND 25 % would vote Leave?

I think you have maybe misquoted something there.

33% would back Brexit AND 25 % would vote Leave?

I think you have maybe misquoted something there.

I copied and pasted Oaksoft. I think the journalist might have been having a bad day. The point remains the same though. More than 6.2% of Scots want to leave the EU yet our MSPs fail to represent their views. That's anti democratic. Even with the SNP camp there is a far more even split than is represented by SNP MSPs. The fact is that rather than represent their electorate on this subject they are promoting a campaign designed to engineer another Independence Referendum.

Aye, on ye go, pick on me, I'm fed up getting bullied. sad.png

Well stop bringing up the independence referendum then.

You're obsessed FFS.

You and BuddieInEK.

You'd have thought the pair of you were on the losing side the way you keep going on about it.

I copied and pasted Oaksoft. I think the journalist might have been having a bad day. The point remains the same though. More than 6.2% of Scots want to leave the EU yet our MSPs fail to represent their views. That's anti democratic. Even with the SNP camp there is a far more even split than is represented by SNP MSPs. The fact is that rather than represent their electorate on this subject they are promoting a campaign designed to engineer another Independence Referendum.

If only 6.2% of Scots want to leave the EU why should the SNP represent their view over the presumable 93.8% who want to remain.

Looks like that journalist isn't the only one having trouble with numbers.

Fancy another shot at these numbers?

If only 6.2% of Scots want to leave the EU why should the SNP represent their view over the presumable 93.8% who want to remain.

Looks like that journalist isn't the only one having trouble with numbers.

Fancy another shot at these numbers?

It was 6.2% of MSPs voted for Brexit.... The opinion in the country is far closer than that. Do try to keep up

Well talking about not being democratic - I see the MSP's at Hollyrood yesterday voted overwhelmingly to back an SNP motion calling for the UK to remain in Europe. Why they would waste their time with such a vote when the people will get their say soon anyway is beyond me but then I guess wasting time and getting paid shitloads of taxpayers money for it is exactly what the Scottish Parliament does best.

Anyway only 8 MSP's out of 129 voted to against the motion. That's just 6.2% of our representatives voting to exit. Yet opinion polls in Scotland show that 46% of Scots want to stay in the EU, and 54% would vote to leave. Right now Holyrood doesn't look very representative of the people - does it?

The SNP aren't even representative of their own voters

You managed to quote the bit at the bottom of my post Oaksoft, but you were too thick to read the rest obviously. :rolleyes:

You managed to quote the bit at the bottom of my post Oaksoft, but you were too thick to read the rest obviously. :rolleyes:

Communicating your point clearly and concisely is an art form which you have failed to master.

Your points are all over the place on virtually every topic.

Its almost as though its deliberate.

See when everyone reading your posts "misses the point", you should look at yourself and how you express yourself.

Well stop bringing up the independence referendum then.

You're obsessed FFS.

You and BuddieInEK.

You'd have thought the pair of you were on the losing side the way you keep going on about it.

Errrrr.. You just mentioned it! Edited by BuddieinEK

The bull and in fighting continues.

The EU referendum debate dominates the Sunday papers, with the new plastic banknote and some rather odd health advice also in the news.

The Sunday Times reports that Justice Secretary Michael Gove and former London Mayor Boris Johnson have written to David Cameron saying his immigration policy is "corrosive of public trust".

They called on Mr Cameron to ditch his pledge to limit net migration to the tens of thousands a year because it has failed so spectacularly, says the paper.

It continues: "In the most pointed 'blue on blue' attack to date by the leaders of the Brexit campaign, Gove and Johnson ridicule the prime minister's flagship promise."

Mr Cameron is also criticised by another leading Brexit campaigner in the Sunday Telegraph.

Priti PatelImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES

Image caption

Priti Patel criticises the Remain leaders

In an article for the paper, employment minister Priti Patel says those leading the Remain campaign are too wealthy to share the concerns of working families about mass migration.

The Telegraph says: "Although she does not directly name Mr Cameron and George Osborne, she repeatedly makes clear she is aiming her criticism at the 'leaders' of the Remain campaign, who include the prime minister and the chancellor.

"In remarks that will deepen the divide at the top of the Tory Party, Ms Patel claims many Remain campaigners only see the benefits of migration, such as cheap domestic help and willing tradesmen.

"Her comments will be seen as sign of how the campaign is becoming increasingly personal."

The Telegraph says migration policy is a critical battle ground in the referendum and seen as the most potent weapon in the Leave campaign's armoury.

The Sunday Express covers a report by the Institute of Economic Affairs think tank which, it says, suggests the UK would be legally entitled to use existing trade deals worth billions of pounds even if the country voted to leave the EU.

The Sun says Mr Cameron is braced for a "shootout" with his ant-EU rivals after the referendum.

The thing wot I mention not!

Was in the middle of replying when the lights went down and theatre curtain up!

Spillchuck (sic) took care of the rest!

I cant believe you are able to access BAWA from a strip club.

Changed times Bud.

Changed times indeed.