Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What a U turn by David Cameron as he continues to lose all credibility.

David Cameron has hailed Labour's Sadiq Khan as "a proud Muslim" and "a proud Brit" as he shared a platform with the London Mayor at an EU Remain rally.

They were launching a Britain Stronger In Europe battle bus and pledge card.

But Vote Leave said the PM's criticisms of Mr Khan during the mayoral contest less than a month ago showed he could not be trusted.

UKIP MP Douglas Carswell said the PM had accused Mr Khan of being a "terrorist sympathiser".

Would this help Taxi drivers if we leave?

Leading figures in the campaign for Britain to leave the European Union say they want to be able to scrap VAT on fuel to help the poorest households.

Tories Michael Gove and Boris Johnson and Labour's Gisela Stuart wrote in the Sun that the tax on energy bills cannot be scrapped because of EU rules.

Chancellor George Osborne said this was "fantasy land" economics.

Remain campaigners accused Vote Leave of promising a "make-believe land of milk and honey" if the UK left the EU.

There is one week left to register to vote in the EU referendum on 23 June.

The Electoral Commission says that, even after recent surges in registrations, many people are still not signed up to vote.

Leading figures in the campaign for Britain to leave the European Union say they want to be able to scrap VAT on fuel to help the poorest households.

Tories Michael Gove and Boris Johnson and Labour's Gisela Stuart wrote in the Sun that the tax on energy bills cannot be scrapped because of EU rules.

Remain campaigners accused Vote Leave of promising a "make-believe land of milk and honey" if the UK left the EU.

The Electoral Commission says that, even after recent surges in registrations, many people are still not signed up to vote.

Hilarious. Help the poorest by making petrol cheaper?

If you have a car then by definition you cannot be poor in the first place.

Lets put it this way, if the poorest in our society are all driving around in cars then I am not inclined to help any of them financially beyond the tax I am already paying.

So either the VOte Leave folk are trying to help people who will not be affected by a reduction in VAT or they are suggesting we chuck money at people who have prioritised a car above food, heating and accommodation. Neither are vote winners TBH.

Edited by oaksoft

Lets put it this way, if the poorest in our society are all driving around in cars then I am not inclined to help any of them financially beyond the tax I am already paying.

So either the VOte Leave folk are trying to help people who will not be affected by a reduction in VAT or they are suggesting we chuck money at people who have prioritised a car above food, heating and accommodation. Neither are vote winners TBH.

I think you've lost the plot slightly. It says fuel, this could be heating fuel. It doesn't say petrol.

What do buses run on?

I think you've lost the plot slightly. It says fuel, this could be heating fuel. It doesn't say petrol.

Food and Water is fuel.

As is Peroni to Jakes.

What do buses run on?

Cheaper fuel also means cheaper food through haulage cheaper fuel can bring the price down on many things.

Well it appears I made a complete c**t of myself..........

That will teach me to post when I am off my tits on early morning caffeine.

Guest TPAFKATS

So is Gideon calling it fantasy land economics as the vat decision isn't the Eus? That means it's his choice to charge vat on household fuel?

Wasn't it Prudence Brown who introduced vat on gas and leccy bills?

So is Gideon calling it fantasy land economics as the vat decision isn't the Eus? That means it's his choice to charge vat on household fuel?

Wasn't it Prudence Brown who introduced vat on gas and leccy bills?

Norman Lamont in 1994 set at 8%. Gordon Brown reduced it to 5% in 1997.

And the EU certainly do regulate on VAT as the UK Government found out when the European Court ruled that the UK Government was acting unlawfully when it reduced the VAT rate on solar panels to 5% from 20%

Edited by Stuart Dickson

And the EU certainly do regulate on VAT as the UK Government found out when the European Court ruled that the UK Government was acting unlawfully when it reduced the VAT rate on solar panels to 5% from 20%

A reduction from 5% to 20%? I know you're not great with sums but surely even you can see the problem with that statement.

The battle continues, the spotlight moves to immigration.

The UK could have a "fairer, more humane" immigration system that would work better for the economy if it left the EU, leading Leave campaigners say.

Tories Michael Gove, Boris Johnson and Priti Patel, and Labour's Gisela Stuart are calling for a points-based system for all migrants coming to the UK.

They say EU free movement rules have hit wages and strained public services.

The Remain campaign said the proposal would "wreck" the UK economy and could drive up immigration.

Meanwhile, the TUC will publish research claiming average UK wages would be £38 a week lower by 2030 outside the EU, as part of its push to encourage people to vote to stay in on 23 June.

Guest TPAFKATS

So Gideon is admitting these are vat matters that he has control over and chooses not to change. WOW, there's some bad media advice getting given there if that's the case.

Guest TPAFKATS

Meant to add that the EU does regulate on VAT. It sets a minimum rate of 15%.