Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Although they are a disgusting modern day phenomenon, the vast majority of people are NOT on zero hours contracts and nobody is forced to work on them either.

You make it sound as though they are the norm.

When you are unemployed and you want to work people will do anything to get a foot in the door. I call it exploytation wonder what the EU call it the so called protector of workers rights.

With all the same tales of woe (jobs, pensions, etc) being used by the Remain side in this referendum as were used by the No side in the last referendum, does that mean that the UK is too wee, too poor and too stupid to make it on its own? Just asking. whistling.gif:

What it means is that we are better together... Scotland within the UK and the UK within Europe.

Not sure but Cameron was on Andrew Marr yesterday saying of course Norway is doing well outside the EU, they've got the same amount of oil as uk but only 4 million population.

Brass necked c**t

And of course, what he said is true.

As for Scottish independence, the opportunity for an independent Scotland to make a fortune from oil is now gone.

When you are unemployed and you want to work people will do anything to get a foot in the door. I call it exploytation wonder what the EU call it the so called protector of workers rights.

I'm sorry but this is total bollox.

The problem in this country is that too many people don't want to work at all.

Another huge tranche seem to see some jobs as beneath them and would rather stay at home claiming benefits than "embarassing themselves" by taking on a temporary "shitty Zero Hours Contract" job for a few months to keep their hand in whilst finding a better job.

Yes there is exploitation but you can't control that if you are on the dole.

Just take a f**king job - any job and stop whining about how the big bad government and businesses are screwing you over.

Last time I looked at the figures there were around 140,000 open vacancies in Scotland and around the same number unemployed.

Many of them might well be ZHC or part time but FFS don't tell me that this is anything other than a minority of them and don't tell me there are no jobs.

Edited by oaksoft

Another huge tranche seem to see some jobs as beneath them and would rather stay at home claiming benefits than "embarassing themselves" by taking on a temporary "shitty Zero Hours Contract" job for a few months to keep their hand in whilst finding a better job.

Just take a f**king job - any job and stop whining about how the big bad government and businesses are screwing you over.

Last time I looked at the figures there were around 140,000 open vacancies in Scotland and around the same number unemployed.

Many of them might well be ZHC or part time but FFS don't tell me that this is anything other than a minority of them and don't tell me there are no jobs.

I don't understand the attitude in this country to zero hour contracts anyway. Surely they suit the student lifestyle better than fixed hour contracts. Both my sons have worked on zero hour contracts whilst studying and it's pretty much perfect. It means they have the flexibility to correctly prioritise their studies and to follow their sporting interests whilst fitting work in around their lives. At one stage my eldest was working on zero hour contracts for three different employers, one in a supervisory position and one in a coaching position, which allowed him to take shifts as they came up based on who was going to pay the highest hourly rate.

In comparison my girlfriends daughter worked fixed hour part time contracts and found the lack of flexibility extremely frustrating particularly when assignments or dissertations were due in. She also had to give up her hobby when the club she was involved with changed the day they trained and she found it increasingly difficult to get people to shift swap with her to allow her to train and compete.

I can understand why someone on benefits might be reluctant to come off the scrounger system for a job that doesn't guarantee them hours, but don't decry these jobs. They serve a very positive purpose for those who find they do suit.

Guest TPAFKATS

Someone's been reading the Daily Mail again.

Also someone who has no reality of life ether. I'm one of the unemployed since March absloutly no income or help. Currently at the planing aplication submitted stage which up till now has cost £1,000 in costs. It will take up to another 6 weeks before I get a yes or no. If it is a no f**k knows what I will do. The Oaksofts of this world only look at jobs on the market against unemployed figures. The reality is a bit different. Yes there are people who don't want to work but there are plenty like me who do have worked all their life paid there way and end up getting nothing even though I have contrabuted all my life. Heading towards 60 seems to be my problem. Hopefully I will get the planing concent so an income can start coming in.

Also someone who has no reality of life ether. I'm one of the unemployed since March absloutly no income or help. Currently at the planing aplication submitted stage which up till now has cost £1,000 in costs. It will take up to another 6 weeks before I get a yes or no. If it is a no f**k knows what I will do. The Oaksofts of this world only look at jobs on the market against unemployed figures. The reality is a bit different. Yes there are people who don't want to work but there are plenty like me who do have worked all their life paid there way and end up getting nothing even though I have contrabuted all my life. Heading towards 60 seems to be my problem. Hopefully I will get the planing concent so an income can start coming in.

No reality of life?

My son is a fraction of your age and has no experience. and very few aualifications.

Sent him out in a shirt and tie with 100 CVs and told him not to come home until he either got a job or ran out of CVs.

He did that for three days before he found a job.

Within 3 weeks he had received SIX phone calls from companies he had canvassed.

Dont tell me there are no jobs.

You are using your age as an excuse.

BTW what the hell is all that shit about contributing all your life?

Thats an entitlement complex right there. TBH it sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder. Maybe that is part of your problem.

Edited by oaksoft

No reality of life?

My son is a fraction of your age and has no experience. and very few aualifications.

Sent him out in a shirt and tie with 100 CVs and told him not to come home until he either got a job or ran out of CVs.

Thats an entitlement complex right there. TBH it sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder. Maybe that is part of your problem.

I it's only an excuse. Ffs.

Either that or I am simply opening my eyes and coming to my own conclusions Tony.

Not everyone who has the opposing view to yours about the disgrace of having over 100,000 people sitting on their arses when there are 140,000 open vacancies in the country.

My numbers are not from the Daily Mail.

I it's only an excuse. Ffs.

Yes its only an excuse.

This chip on your shoulder over your age and your entitlement complex are your problems bud.

Fix the attitude and you might have more joy.

Why on earth have you not tried opening your own business?

PIck up the phone and call a few takeaways or pizza joints and offer to deliver their leaflets for example.

Charge them £40 per thousand and deliver for 4 or 5 companies at a time. Right off the bat thats just shy of £200 for 2 days work.

ETA. Are you the poster who is living on an island in the middle of nowhere? Are you looking for jobs only on that island or on the mainland?

Edited by oaksoft

Tell me.....once you get planning permission and you are able to set up your business, will it help you or hinder you to employ students on zero hour contracts?

Guest TPAFKATS

Either that or I am simply opening my eyes and coming to my own conclusions Tony.

Not everyone who has the opposing view to yours about the disgrace of having over 100,000 people sitting on their arses when there are 140,000 open vacancies in the country.

My numbers are not from the Daily Mail.

Gonnae make your mind up. In a previous post you tell us that no one forces anyone to take a zero hours contract, since that post you repeated post that people should just get off their arsed and take a f**king job,any job.

What is it, freedom of choice or take a f**king job?

If you'd any knowledge of the benefits system you would know that if might help your point.

Instead you just come across as a bitter attention seeking blowhard.

No reality of life?

You don't half talk some utter drivel. Aye. You sent your unqualified lad out with a hundred CV's. I'll bet. Did you at least give him a bottle of clean water to prevent dysentery?

The fact he is "a fraction of IOB's age" is an advantage in itself. I too am at the wrong side of fifty and feel lucky that my skill set is such that, even with the age factor, I have managed to refuse to be undervalued and moved employment. Luck played a major part in the timing of the moves.

I could never reduce myself to what is tantamount to slave labour. A throwback to the days when folk stood on the corner waiting for an unscrupulous employer to pick from the masses and pay them two pence and a cheese sandwich for the privilege of being used. I would be more likely to believe you if you had actually been in the situation of having to take one of these marvelous opportunities where you wait, unpaid, for a phone call demanding you drop whatever your doing to earn minimum hourly pay without paid holidays or proper rights or be dropped like the proverbial hot cake.

You don't half talk some utter drivel. Aye. You sent your unqualified lad out with a hundred CV's. I'll bet. Did you at least give him a bottle of clean water to prevent dysentery?

The fact he is "a fraction of IOB's age" is an advantage in itself. I too am at the wrong side of fifty and feel lucky that my skill set is such that, even with the age factor, I have managed to refuse to be undervalued and moved employment. Luck played a major part in the timing of the moves.

I could never reduce myself to what is tantamount to slave labour. A throwback to the days when folk stood on the corner waiting for an unscrupulous employer to pick from the masses and pay them two pence and a cheese sandwich for the privilege of being used. I would be more likely to believe you if you had actually been in the situation of having to take one of these marvelous opportunities where you wait, unpaid, for a phone call demanding you drop whatever your doing to earn minimum hourly pay without paid holidays or proper rights or be dropped like the proverbial hot cake.

Two pence? Cheese sandwich? What the hell are you talking about FFS.

A full time job on minimum wage is about £1000 a month in tax free wages.

At least you confirmed one thing. You would rather sit on the dole than "reduce yourself".

As I said its an entitlement complex too many of our population has.

Oh and yes I did send him out and he gladly agreed to do so.

Hes not too proud to do what needs to be done.

If you or IOBS are then thats your problem.

Gonnae make your mind up. In a previous post you tell us that no one forces anyone to take a zero hours contract, since that post you repeated post that people should just get off their arsed and take a f**king job,any job.

What is it, freedom of choice or take a f**king job?

If you'd any knowledge of the benefits system you would know that if might help your point.

Instead you just come across as a bitter attention seeking blowhard.

You need to calm down Tony.

Then maybe I will talk to you.

Yes its only an excuse.

This chip on your shoulder over your age and your entitlement complex are your problems bud.

Fix the attitude and you might have more joy.

Why on earth have you not tried opening your own business?

PIck up the phone and call a few takeaways or pizza joints and offer to deliver their leaflets for example.

Charge them £40 per thousand and deliver for 4 or 5 companies at a time. Right off the bat thats just shy of £200 for 2 days work.

ETA. Are you the poster who is living on an island in the middle of nowhere? Are you looking for jobs only on that island or on the mainland?

You obviously have misunderstood my post. My planing application has been submitted for me to go selfemplyed which will take up to 6 weeks. Have been doing this since the beginning of April.

You obviously have misunderstood my post. My planing application has been submitted for me to go selfemplyed which will take up to 6 weeks. Have been doing this since the beginning of April.

Yeah when I saw Stuarts post I went back and had another look at your posts and realised I must have missed something.

Mind me asking what the planning application is needed for?

It's obviously not for self employment itself as you can simply declare yourself as such.

Edited by oaksoft

Yeah when I saw Stuarts post I went back and had another look at your posts and realised I must have missed something.

It's obviously not for self employment itself as you can simply declare yourself as such.

He needs build a big Shed to sell bikes from.

This time next year, he's gonnae be a millionaire.

He who dares and aw that shite.

Want to put a coffee and snack Kiosk at Colentrive near the ferry terminal where on average 140 vechals cross each day out of season more in season. Cars just turn up at the ferry terminal and wait up to 20min after a long drive. People on Bute tell me it is a very good idea. However I visited some resedents in Colintrive to show pictures of the Kiosk they will object. However I am putting my case together to counter the objection with hard facts. At first I plan to sit on a lay-by near the ferry away from resedents eventually renting a space from Calmac at the terminal which

being expanded. The kiosk will be fitted with a real coffee machine , 30 second gas toaster and grill. Ice cream , salads and vegetarian food. All food will be carefully sourced by me for high quality sold at a good price to the customer in deli boxes with salad home made cheese and chive coleslaw . My aim is high profesional standard at affordable price. The company in Edinburgh who build the Kiosk were used in the Alan Sugar apprentice programe are built to a very high standard. Won't get rich just make a living hopefully.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Want to put a coffee and snack Kiosk at Colentrive near the ferry terminal where on average 140 vechals cross each has day out of season more in season. Cars just turn up at the ferry terminal and wait up to 20min after a long drive. People on Bute tell me it is a very good idea. However I visited some resedents in Colintrive to show pictures of the Kiosk they will object. However I am putting my case together to counter the objection with hard facts. At first I plan to sit on a lay-by near the ferry away from resedents eventually renting a space from Calmac at the terminal which is being expanded in the near future The kiosk will be fitted with a real coffee machine , 30 second gas toaster and grill. Ice cream , salads and vegetarian food. All food will be carefully sourced by me for high quality sold at a good price to the customer in deli boxes with salad home made cheese and chive coleslaw . My aim is high profesional standard at affordable price. The company in Edinburgh who build the Kiosk were used in the Alan Sugar apprentice programe are built to a very high standard. Won't get rich just make a living hopefully.

Want to put a coffee and snack Kiosk at Colentrive near the ferry terminal where on average 140 vechals cross each day out of season more in season. Cars just turn up at the ferry terminal and wait up to 20min after a long drive. People on Bute tell me it is a very good idea. However I visited some resedents in Colintrive to show pictures of the Kiosk they will object. However I am putting my case together to counter the objection with hard facts. At first I plan to sit on a lay-by near the ferry away from resedents eventually renting a space from Calmac at the terminal with is being expanded. The kiosk will be fitted with a real coffee machine , 30 second gas toaster and grill. Ice cream , salads and vegetarian food. All food will be carefully sourced by me for high quality sold at a good price to the customer in deli boxes with salad home made cheese and chive coleslaw . My aim is high profesional standard at affordable price. The company in Edinburgh who build the Kiosk were used in the Alan Sugar apprentice programe are built to a very high standard. Won't get rich just make a living hopefully.