Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah this article is flawed. All Boris has to do is spend two years negotiating a deal to walk away and get the plans for exit in place and then go back to the electorate and ask them to vote for his exit plan.

If they approve it he has at least has a mandate.

If they reject it he has an excuse for not pulling the trigger.

He needs to let time do the heavy lifting on this one.

Haste is his enemy here.

Guest TPAFKATS
That's actually a very good article but the conclusion is wrong. There has to be an exit, otherwise democracy in the UK is f**ked. What we need is people to step forward to lead the negotiations and to ensure we get the best possible terms. I can understand the lack of haste - the markets were spooked enough on Friday morning. 

Make ur mind up fannybaws

Check this out, that Morrisons Supermarket joke was nearer to the truth

than some people might wish to think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-36633388

Anti-Polish cards in Huntingdon after EU referendum

Cards containing the words "No more Polish Vermin" have been distributed outside homes and schools following the EU referendum.

Kathleen Gaynor said her mother found the cards, which also say "Leave the EU", outside her home in Huntingdon.

After she posted the cards on a community Facebook site, others reported they had also found them.

Cambridgeshire Police said it is investigating and is "working closely with the affected community".

Ms Gaynor said her mother, who lives in the town centre, discovered the card on her doorstep at about 09:00 BST on Friday.

"Mum came out of her door and found the card weighed down by a stone so it couldn't blow away," she said.

"Mum's neighbours are Polish so we think it might have been intended for them. She was in shock, angry and couldn't believe it."

Daniel Guz, who attended a meeting with Cambridgeshire Police, said one Polish national discovered the card on her car when she parked up to collect her children from school - and another found it in her garden.

He said: "It's a very bad situation, but I'm advising people to report the cards to the police and otherwise ignore them."

The insurance broker added the Polish words on the card are a very poor translation of the English and thinks "they just put the words into Google translation".

Cambridgeshire Police said officers had interviewed a number of witnesses as part of its investigation.

Det Supt Martin Brunning said: "The production and distribution of this and any other similar material is committing the crime of inciting racial hatred which carries a maximum sentence of seven years in prison.

"Any reports of hate crime in the county will be fully investigated and it is vitally important that anyone who has received these leaflets or suffered similar abuse reports it."

Check this out, that Morrisons Supermarket joke was nearer to the truth

than some people might wish to think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-36633388

Anti-Polish cards in Huntingdon after EU referendum

Cards containing the words "No more Polish Vermin" have been distributed outside homes and schools following the EU referendum.

Kathleen Gaynor said her mother found the cards, which also say "Leave the EU", outside her home in Huntingdon.

After she posted the cards on a community Facebook site, others reported they had also found them.

Cambridgeshire Police said it is investigating and is "working closely with the affected community".

Ms Gaynor said her mother, who lives in the town centre, discovered the card on her doorstep at about 09:00 BST on Friday.

"Mum came out of her door and found the card weighed down by a stone so it couldn't blow away," she said.

"Mum's neighbours are Polish so we think it might have been intended for them. She was in shock, angry and couldn't believe it."

Daniel Guz, who attended a meeting with Cambridgeshire Police, said one Polish national discovered the card on her car when she parked up to collect her children from school - and another found it in her garden.

He said: "It's a very bad situation, but I'm advising people to report the cards to the police and otherwise ignore them."

The insurance broker added the Polish words on the card are a very poor translation of the English and thinks "they just put the words into Google translation".

Cambridgeshire Police said officers had interviewed a number of witnesses as part of its investigation.

Det Supt Martin Brunning said: "The production and distribution of this and any other similar material is committing the crime of inciting racial hatred which carries a maximum sentence of seven years in prison.

"Any reports of hate crime in the county will be fully investigated and it is vitally important that anyone who has received these leaflets or suffered similar abuse reports it."

Jesus Christ it's the Nazies all over again. Want Scotland no part of it.

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

That's actually a very good article but the conclusion is wrong. There has to be an exit, otherwise democracy in the UK is f**ked. What we need is people to step forward to lead the negotiations and to ensure we get the best possible terms. I can understand the lack of haste - the markets were spooked enough on Friday morning. 

Cometh the Hour, cometh the man! C'mon Stuart, what are you waiting for? Get that boilersuit off and press the pinstripe. You know all the answers. More than the rest of us put together anyway. Get it sorted.

Oh sorry I got that wrong - you say there has to be an exit, otherwise democracy in the UK is f**ked  -  well maybe you haven't noticed it's been f**ked for the last 36 years!

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah this article is flawed. All Boris has to do is spend two years negotiating a deal to walk away and get the plans for exit in place and then go back to the electorate and ask them to vote for his exit plan.

If they approve it he has at least has a mandate.

If they reject it he has an excuse for not pulling the trigger.

He needs to let time do the heavy lifting on this one.

Haste is his enemy here.

Except

The UK is now out of all decision making processes and can only return to that position if all other member states agree that   we can come back to the top table

Article 50, once triggered, is a shit storm. It was designed as that sort of a deterrent

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Except

The UK is now out of all decision making processes and can only return to that position if all other member states agree that   we can come back to the top table

Article 50, once triggered, is a shit storm. It was designed as that sort of a deterrent

You're a barrel of fun aren't you. Two days ago, like me, you said you voted remain but you weren't bothered either way. Today - 2 days later - you're telling us that Article 50 is a shit storm. So when did you realise this? 

Maybe the UK will set up our own members club with favourable trading deals with all of our emerging commonwealth friends, and we can charge the likes of France and Germany £8.5Bn each per annum to join in. Maybe we can control the rules of admission like Germany does the EU, and perhaps we won't be quite so stupid as to bring in new members and given them all freedom of movement with the disparity in incomes is so clearly massive. 

8 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You're a barrel of fun aren't you. Two days ago, like me, you said you voted remain but you weren't bothered either way. Today - 2 days later - you're telling us that Article 50 is a shit storm. So when did you realise this? 

Maybe the UK will set up our own members club with favourable trading deals with all of our emerging commonwealth friends, and we can charge the likes of France and Germany £8.5Bn each per annum to join in. Maybe we can control the rules of admission like Germany does the EU, and perhaps we won't be quite so stupid as to bring in new members and given them all freedom of movement with the disparity in incomes is so clearly massive. 

Sorry Bud, not me.

Speaking as he left his London home on Monday morning, Mr Johnson said: "It is clear now that Project Fear is over, there is not going to be an emergency budget, people's pensions are safe, the pound is stable, the markets are stable, I think that's all very good."

What planet does this imbecile live on?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36636853

Sterling hits a new 31-year-low against dollar; the FTSE 100 falls and trading in RBS and Barclays shares is briefly suspended.

Speaking as he left his London home on Monday morning, Mr Johnson said: "It is clear now that Project Fear is over, there is not going to be an emergency budget, people's pensions are safe, the pound is stable, the markets are stable, I think that's all very good."

Sterling hits a new 31-year-low against dollar; the FTSE 100 falls and trading in RBS and Barclays shares is briefly suspended.

Oh my God! Right that's it. I'm off to Tesco to buy up every tin can I can before the looting begins. I hope theres plenty of bread on the shelves as that always seems to be the first thing to go. I'll buy extra locks for my doors, put the barricades up at the bottom of my drive and me and the boys will run a 24 hour patrol killing anyone that gets too close. The end of the world is nigh. The sky is falling down and the world has stopped spinning. Zombies are rising from their gravestone and aliens are landing.

Hmmm actually I've just realised that's Paisley. Here in Wishaw everything is absolutely fine. Phew

Cameron standing down, Boris backtracking. Leave won on lies. Half the labour cabinet thrown the towel in. Mean while the UK voted to leave the UK. Our ship is rudderless is it any wonder the pound and the markets are falling.

The UK voted to leave the UK. Wow. We really are staring at the darks idea of the moon. :rolleyes:

There was an quite infamous moustache'eod chap who said, the great mass of the people are more likely to fall victim to a big lie than a small one. Whilst the said chap was a bit off course with some of his policies, that particular quote seems to hold true.

7 hours ago, FTOF said:

have you seen his big plan ?

First we will have informal talks with the EU to discuss things before triggering article 50. No informal talks until article 50 has been triggered say the EU

We will have a free trade agreement but will be able to control immigration from the EU. No you won't say the EU, if you want to trade freely with us you comply with our rules on free movement of people, you meet EU legislation and you pay your share - no exceptions

So he's going to stand for the leadership of the tory party on a 'unity and one nation' ticket. The unity ? Will the new nation be called Kingdom because it certainly won't be united by him, the one nation will probably be England after the rest all decide on independence.

6 minutes ago, bud77 said:

have you seen his big plan ?

First we will have informal talks with the EU to discuss things before triggering article 50. No informal talks until article 50 has been triggered say the EU

We will have a free trade agreement but will be able to control immigration from the EU. No you won't say the EU, if you want to trade freely with us you comply with our rules on free movement of people, you meet EU legislation and you pay your share - no exceptions

So he's going to stand for the leadership of the tory party on a 'unity and one nation' ticket. The unity ? Will the new nation be called Kingdom because it certainly won't be united by him, the one nation will probably be England after the rest all decide on independence.

Yeah Boris says project fear is over. However project reality is starting to hit us. 

Never mind at least the NHS is better off by 350 million a week.

8 hours ago, shull said:

I am having a decent day. 

The Roads are quieter also. 

Can afford a Curry tonight while cheering on England. 

Nae meltdown in Cardonald. 

Yeh , I noticed that . Has everyone f**ked off on holiday or are they all watching England getting papped out of Europe by  a country with a population similar to that of Aberdeen. .

. .anyway , no need to worry I'm sure normal service will be resumed on all fronts , just shortly. .

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

He's gonnie get hammered in the papers tomorrow he was a pile of pish against iceland tonight.

Guest TPAFKATS
Cameron standing down, Boris backtracking. Leave won on lies. Half the labour cabinet thrown the towel in. Mean while the UK voted to leave the UK. Our ship is rudderless is it any wonder the pound and the markets are falling.

The UK voted to leave the UK. Wow. We really are staring at the darks idea of the moon. :rolleyes:

Predictive text but I like it. [emoji5]

Ironic schadenfreude?

41 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Wow. That made the hair on my neck stand up.