Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Still nothing has changed...................:rolleyes:

Chancellor George Osborne has abandoned his target to restore government finances to a surplus by 2020, the BBC has learned.

It had been the chancellor's most prized goal and had been driving austerity measures in previous budgets.

However, the Chancellor said the UK must be "realistic about achieving a surplus by the end of the decade".

The UK economy is showing "clear signs" of shock in the aftermath of the vote to leave the European Union, he said.

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it's in their manifesto.

From 2015, after a surplus has been achieved.

Oops that was from 2010.

Imagine that, no SNP badddddd response, yet.

Either the Tories strategy on the economy has gone to shit or their incestuous infighting over Brexit has affected the forecast.

Either way, the Tories have singularly f**ked the UK over.

Remember when Fatty was claiming the SNP were in turmoil? :lol:

Tories f**ked - check.:thumbs2

Labour f**ked - check.:thumbs2

Lib Dems and UKIP political non-entities - check.:thumbs2

6 hours ago, FTOF said:

Either the Tories strategy on the economy has gone to shit or their incestuous infighting over Brexit has affected the forecast.

Either way, the Tories have singularly f**ked the UK over.

Remember when Fatty was claiming the SNP were in turmoil? :lol:

Tories f**ked - check.:thumbs2

Labour f**ked - check.:thumbs2

Lib Dems and UKIP political non-entities - check.:thumbs2

And the SNP sending their party leaders to Europe to beg for a bone. The SNP are in the process of humiliating themselves and it's funny to watch. It was pretty creepy watching Sturgeon allowing herself to be groped by that legendary old drunk Juncker. 

I'm looking forward to Scotland getting work from loads of companies relocating to the EU from England.

However that won't happen as there will be a second referendum keeping the UK in.

You are probably correct Kendo. Other than a minority of MP's, Farage and a few right wing foreign owned newspapers, virtually no one of any standing in politics or industry wants this. Once the Tory leadership election is over, and reality of The UK being torn apart hits home, a fudge will be worked out.

I see the FTSE 100 had it's best week since 2011 this week rising some 73.5 points to a 10 month high of 6,577.8 and the markets are now up some 3.8% since its closing level before the EU referendum result. Great news I'm sure everyone will agree, and this is on top of the spectacular news that the yield prices on Government Bonds has reduced meaning that the UK taxpayer is now paying less interest on our national debt than we were before the EU referendum.

You are probably correct Kendo. Other than a minority of MP's, Farage and a few right wing foreign owned newspapers, virtually no one of any standing in politics or industry wants this. Once the Tory leadership election is over, and reality of The UK being torn apart hits home, a fudge will be worked out.

As I said before, unless they can demonstrate some huge change in EU rules - very unlikely, imo - they'll leave the UK open to the distinct possibility of a UKIP surge in the next GE if they don't deliver Brexit.

I'd say that the Conservative Party wouldn't let that happen because turkeys won't vote for Christmas but them I remember how Wales voted...

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a second referendum in the near future. I'd pretty much guarantee that somewhere in a locked office in Whitehall, there is a civil servant working on how to present it in a plausible way to the public. The precedent exists with Ireland's second vote on the Treaty of Lisbon following the first narrow failure.

8 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a second referendum in the near future. I'd pretty much guarantee that somewhere in a locked office in Whitehall, there is a civil servant working on how to present it in a plausible way to the public. The precedent exists with Ireland's second vote on the Treaty of Lisbon following the first narrow failure.

The tory party are really stuck between the rock and the hard place. The only out for them, as far as I can see, is to call a general election, and LOSE to a pro EU labour party. Unfortunately for them the Labour alternative isn't viable due to backstabbing MPs who have went against their membership's wishes. Corbyn might not have been ideal but, in truth, it seemed as if the country, and I mean the UK in this instance, was warming, perhaps defrosting is a better analogy, to his vision. If the Tories call the election they will need to pray they can split the Leave voters which means they will have to portray themselves as "mibees aye, mibees naw". A dangerous game which could lead to a UKIP stronger than ever. Going for a secon referendum is just as dangerous. In conclusion. The UK is FECKED!

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I see the FTSE 100 had it's best week since 2011 this week rising some 73.5 points to a 10 month high of 6,577.8 and the markets are now up some 3.8% since its closing level before the EU referendum result. Great news I'm sure everyone will agree, and this is on top of the spectacular news that the yield prices on Government Bonds has reduced meaning that the UK taxpayer is now paying less interest on our national debt than we were before the EU referendum.

You remind me of an Aberdeen football supporter who claims all is rosy because they are top of the league in July......before a ball is kicked.

Brexit hasnt started yet ya numpty!

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You remind me of an Aberdeen football supporter who claims all is rosy because they are top of the league in July......before a ball is kicked.

Brexit hasnt started yet ya numpty!

deary me. You are more stupid than I ever thought! :lol:

first you want us to switch to a different currency from our biggest trading partners...

now you don't understand the effect that the uncertainty of what happens next is having on the economy!

you are a simpleton... Just like slarti premium bond boy! :lol:

I suppose that's what u would expect from a fatty who spends Xmas night all alone posting on this forum! :lol:

So the governor of the BoE and the Tory Chancellor have both announced this week the UK economy is in trouble but as usual Dicko the master economist knows better. I admire your indefatigability as another pompous idiot once famously said. Cheer up next week surely can't be anywhere near as bad as the one just gone for the bedraggled Tories, can it ?

So the governor of the BoE and the Tory Chancellor have both announced this week the UK economy is in trouble but as usual Dicko the master economist knows better. I admire your indefatigability as another pompous idiot once famously said. Cheer up next week surely can't be anywhere near as bad as the one just gone for the bedraggled Tories, can it ?

Where did Mark Carney say we were in trouble exactly? The statements I saw from both Osborne and Carney said we had room to manoeuvre and to provide any stimulus required if the economy needed it.

As for "a bad week" well I suppose that depends on perspective. Boris Johnson now won't be party leader. The very astute, professional and credible Theresa May looks set to win that one easily. Yields on government bonds are lower meaning we've saved a huge amount of money in terms of interest repayments on the National Debt. FTSE 100 share prices have increased to a ten month high. Even the £-$ thing has been a boost to my financial status this week.

Add to all of that the Queen delivering a slap down to Sturgeon, the rejection of talks between Sturgeon and Tusk, the statement from French and Spanish governments on talks with the SNP, and the news that Germany, Sweden, Netherlands and now the Czech Republic are all demanding referendums on whether to leave the EU or not, plus the absolute destruction of the Labour Party and I'd say it's been an excellent week. Bring on the future

9 minutes ago, nosferatu said:

the euro.... :lol:

RuK had their chance and they told us they weren't interested in a currency union.

Only a simpleton would then go and announce that an independent Scotland would share the pound in a currency union with RuK.

It's either the euro, which I favour, or the Scottish pound.

None of that will matter when it comes to trade. RuK will be fine and will find many countries willing to do business with them including Scotland despite the fact they'll have a different currency.