Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Which is exactly what I was getting at.

I don't think he's very bright. He ... probably ... needs ... things ... explained ... slowly.

You know I do believe he is convinced you need to share the same currency before you can trade.

Oh dear. Oaksoft, really? You think Scotland could go with their own Scottish pound? Tell me, with a national budget deficit of £15Bn+ what yield do you think you would have to offer on government bonds to raise that kind of money year on year? And do you think the Scottish pound could do it as cheaply as the UK pound currently does? 

47 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Oh dear. Oaksoft, really? You think Scotland could go with their own Scottish pound? Tell me, with a national budget deficit of £15Bn+ what yield do you think you would have to offer on government bonds to raise that kind of money year on year? And do you think the Scottish pound could do it as cheaply as the UK pound currently does? 

Nope. As I have repeatedly said I favour the Euro.

Learn to read.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

RuK had their chance and they told us they weren't interested in a currency union.

Only a simpleton would then go and announce that an independent Scotland would share the pound in a currency union with RuK.

It's either the euro, which I favour, or the Scottish pound.

None of that will matter when it comes to trade. RuK will be fine and will find many countries willing to do business with them including Scotland despite the fact they'll have a different currency.

:rolleyes: 

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

None of that will matter when it comes to trade. RuK will be fine and will find many countries willing to do business with them including Scotland despite the fact they'll have a different currency.

I also like this bit. After all only yesterday you were in a mad panic that the world was ending because the UK had decided to leave the EU. Now today you claim the rest of the UK will be able to trade just fine with loads of countries when Scotland becomes Independent. 

I'm not quite sure what that says about your opinion of Scotland :rolleyes: 

10 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

:rolleyes: 

Exactly. Did you not read the phrase "the euro, which i favour"?

You should talk to nosferatu. whenever you misread a post he also misreads the same post. its almost as though you teo were the same person..........

antrin will be along in a minute......

Edited by oaksoft

Exactly. Did you not read the phrase "the euro, which i favour"?

You should talk to nosferatu. whenever you misread a post he also misreads the same post. its almost as though you teo were the same person..........

antrin will be along in a minute......

Of course I read it but without a central bank Scotland fails the most basic criteria for using the Euro and your back up plan is the Scottish Groat. Buy in thewheelbarrows, you'll need them to carry your money to buy a newspaper.

Still nothing has changed.........................

Shocked & disgusted’: UK police chief says hate crime reports jumped 500% since Brexit vote.

Since the Leave camp won the Brexit vote a week ago, there has been a staggering fivefold increase in hate crimes reported to a national website, UK police say. Local officials have also noted a surge in both physical and verbal attacks on migrants

Since last Thursday, 331 hate crime incidents have been reported to the national online reporting site True Vision compared to the weekly average of 63 reports,” Sara Thornton, head of the NPCC, wrote, adding that, although “many people are reporting hate crime than ever before,” it remains “significantly under reported.”

https://www.rt.com/uk/349077-hate-crime-increase-brexit/

Looks like someone was talking shite yet again.

Still nothing has changed.........................

Shocked & disgusted’: UK police chief says hate crime reports jumped 500% since Brexit vote.

Since the Leave camp won the Brexit vote a week ago, there has been a staggering fivefold increase in hate crimes reported to a national website, UK police say. Local officials have also noted a surge in both physical and verbal attacks on migrants

Since last Thursday, 331 hate crime incidents have been reported to the national online reporting site True Vision compared to the weekly average of 63 reports,” Sara Thornton, head of the NPCC, wrote, adding that, although “many people are reporting hate crime than ever before,” it remains “significantly under reported.”

https://www.rt.com/uk/349077-hate-crime-increase-brexit/

It's not happening in Scotland, though, unsurprisingly

http://www.thenational.scot/news/police-no-spike-in-hate-crime-in-scotland-since-brexit-vote.19460?utm_medium=social&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_term=Autofeed#link_time=1467375458

That's not to say it doesn't happen here, just that it hasn't spiked the way it has elsewhere in the UK.

2 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

It's not happening in Scotland, though, unsurprisingly

http://www.thenational.scot/news/police-no-spike-in-hate-crime-in-scotland-since-brexit-vote.19460?utm_medium=social&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_term=Autofeed#link_time=1467375458

That's not to say it doesn't happen here, just that it hasn't spiked the way it has elsewhere in the UK.

I am certain that Dickson told us all to calm down and that there was no increase in racist incidents.

So that report simply cannot be true.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I am certain that Dickson told us all to calm down and that there was no increase in racist incidents.

So that report simply cannot be true.

Whether the report is true or not 331 racist incidents in a country of 66 million is hardly endemic. Obviously I would not look to condone any form of racism at all, but perhaps a more sensible approach to this hysteria would be to compare how racism across the UK post referendum vote compares with the levels of racism in countries like France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Poland and the Ukraine. 

No, it would be much more sensible to compare it to levels in this country before the referendum. Has it got worse? It has elsewhere than in Scotland. Don't try to defend the indefensible, StuD, even you're better than that.

Just now, salmonbuddie said:

No, it would be much more sensible to compare it to levels in this country before the referendum. Has it got worse? It has elsewhere than in Scotland. Don't try to defend the indefensible, StuD, even you're better than that.

I'm not - the problem is the report itself. We've no idea if the people being abused are reporting it now where they might not before because they feel more threatened today. 331 seems like an incredibly low figure as does 66. Anyone who has been at a football match, either north or south of the border, knows the United Kingdom has far more racists than that. 

39 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I see the Chancellor has announced that he will cut Corporation Tax in the UK to 15% - the lowest of any major economy in the world. Superb news. 

You reckon its great news that he is going to increase the level of deficit we are carrying?

Edited by oaksoft