Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

He probably thinks that it will stop any more announcements of jobs being moved from London. All it will really do is rake in less tax until the jobs, and then companies, move from London.

Oh dear, another idiot who doesn't understand why cutting Corporate Tax to the lowest level seen in any major economy will raise more tax revenue and not less. No wonder the SNP are able to command so much support when it's simple message is "Vote for us if you hate England". 

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I see the Chancellor has announced that he will cut Corporation Tax in the UK to 15% - the lowest of any major economy in the world. Superb news. 

If this is such a great thing to be warmly welcomed why in Gods name hasn't he done this sooner like 4 years ago?

Sounds to me like desperate times call for desperate measures.

19 minutes ago, Kendo said:

If this is such a great thing to be warmly welcomed why in Gods name hasn't he done this sooner like 4 years ago?

Sounds to me like desperate times call for desperate measures.

Not another one....FFS! :rolleyes: 

He's been cutting it at regular periods all throughout his time as Chancellor. 

Seriously do any of you Natsis have even a basic knowledge of politics or is it really all about your hatred of England? 

Capture.PNG

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Yet another piece that alleges people only voted a certain way because they believed lies.

Yep. It's the same kind of contempt for a differing opinion that we saw in 2014 too. 

I voted to remain. I voted that way because I didn't believe a credible enough case was being made to suggest we'd be better off, long term, out of the EU - or in other words I believed the lies being put forward by the remain camp that suggested we'd be utterly f**ked if we left. The remain camp believed it's lies soooo much that it's still wandering around in a frenzied panic telling everyone the sky is falling down.when in reality there was a bit of a bump in terms of currency exchange, and the shares took a hit for a few days, but within a week we're pretty much back to where we started. Indeed the FTSE 100 is actually up by quite a bit too. And we're seeing the good news that government yields on bonds have fallen, saving the taxpayer £Bn's already, and the Chancellor has promised more Corporation Tax cuts to make the UK the cheapest major economy for any business to operate in. 

I was lied to, I was cheated. If I could vote again today I would definitely vote to leave. 

55 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Interesting article from an Englishwoman who lives in Sneckie

https://imnotawriterbut.wordpress.com/2016/07/03/identity/

How the f**k do you find some of these obscure "Scottish Independence" websites that so heavily colour your view. I'd suggest reading a wider cross section of viewpoints than just propaganda from within the Scottish Nationalist Movement. It would certainly be healthier for you. :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yep. It's the same kind of contempt for a differing opinion that we saw in 2014 too. 

I voted to remain. I voted that way because I didn't believe a credible enough case was being made to suggest we'd be better off, long term, out of the EU - or in other words I believed the lies being put forward by the remain camp that suggested we'd be utterly f**ked if we left. The remain camp believed it's lies soooo much that it's still wandering around in a frenzied panic telling everyone the sky is falling down.when in reality there was a bit of a bump in terms of currency exchange, and the shares took a hit for a few days, but within a week we're pretty much back to where we started. Indeed the FTSE 100 is actually up by quite a bit too. And we're seeing the good news that government yields on bonds have fallen, saving the taxpayer £Bn's already, and the Chancellor has promised more Corporation Tax cuts to make the UK the cheapest major economy for any business to operate in. 

I was lied to, I was cheated. If I could vote again today I would definitely vote to leave. 

You certainly post frantically in the manner of someone who is very gullible.

you seem now to be very happy to swallow a completely different set of Tory propaganda bollox and parrot it on here, as if it's credible.

the sky may not yet have fallen, but the short term economic blue skies forecast (by those who offered the vote that got us into this shitheap)appear to be less than cloud-free

no doubt you'll offer yet another definitive explanation tomorrow.

or even later today?

How the f**k do you find some of these obscure "Scottish Independence" websites that so heavily colour your view. I'd suggest reading a wider cross section of viewpoints than just propaganda from within the Scottish Nationalist Movement. It would certainly be healthier for you. :rolleyes: 

Whooooosh!

It's written from the perspective of an English indy supporter and gives the lie to the repeated claim by you and your fanboys that the indy movement is driven by an Anti-English sentiment.

I do read plenty of other viewpoints, certainly more (and more worthwhile) viewpoints than the Daily Mail which you seem to love quoting.

Still nothing has changed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36701273

The UK's construction industry experienced its weakest performance for seven years last month, according to a closely watched survey.

The Markit/CIPS construction purchasing managers' index fell to 46.0 in June, its lowest level since June 2009. It had been 51.2 in May.

A figure above 50 indicates expansion - below that, contraction.

Most of the data for the survey was collected before the 23 June referendum in which the UK voted to leave the EU.

"However, the extent and speed of the downturn in the face of political and economic uncertainty is a clear warning flag for the wider post-Brexit economic outlook," said Tim Moore, senior economist at Markit.

Edited by FTOF

6 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The FTSE250 isn't in great shape and is still down. 

UK construction is struggling, weakest performance in 7 years in the run up to the vote- never mind after. Property companies have lost shed loads of value, so have housebuilders. House building has contracted at a fast rate too. The construction market purchasers index fell to lowest level since recession of 2009. 

Things are wonderful. 

20 hours ago, FTOF said:

Still nothing has changed.........................

Looks like someone was talking shite yet again.

20 hours ago, FTOF said:

Still nothing has changed.........................

Looks like someone was talking shite yet again.

Unfortunately, it seems many people who voted leave actually thought it meant the immigrants had to "leave"

Last week Dickson claimed that EU migrants in the UK are perfectly safe and that it is ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

Now we have a huge increase in reported race hate crimes. Given that less than 1% of these types of crime are actually reported, we can only guess at how bad things have become.

Theresa May finally admits she can't guarantee these people will be allowed to stay. That's a whole range of people - many of whom have houses, jobs, families and more than 10 years residency and in many cases are employers themselves.

For almost a fortnight we have had daily radio phone-ins absolutely rammed with people calling in describing their experiences of living in racist UK since the vote and how they fear their entire livelihoods are at risk.

The only person from the Leave side brave enough to attempt to actually fix what they broke is Michael Gove. FFS.

Economic experts today are very worried about Osbornes plan to cut corporation tax because it depends entirely on people spending money to compensate.

So in the middle of all this uncertainty when people don't know whether they'll keep their jobs, Osborne's big plan depends on these people saying "You know what? f**k my family and saving for the rainy day when Brxit starts - it I will buy more tat. Our country needs me." If these people don't spend our economy will be even more of a disaster than it already is.

The reputation of the Tories is nosediving by the hour.

Wonder what will be next?

Still nothing has changed.

The UK's construction industry experienced its weakest performance for seven years last month, according to a closely watched survey.

The Markit/CIPS construction purchasing managers' index fell to 46.0 in June, its lowest level since June 2009. It had been 51.2 in May.

A figure above 50 indicates expansion - below that, contraction.

Most of the data for the survey was collected before the 23 June referendum in which the UK voted to leave the EU.

"However, the extent and speed of the downturn in the face of political and economic uncertainty is a clear warning flag for the wider post-Brexit economic outlook," said Tim Moore, senior economist at Markit.

Erm didn't the referendum happen towards the end of the month... Oh yes it did. So it was the referendum itself and not the vote outcome that harms business. Something we in Scotland already know only too well

Whooooosh!

It's written from the perspective of an English indy supporter and gives the lie to the repeated claim by you and your fanboys that the indy movement is driven by an Anti-English sentiment.

I do read plenty of other viewpoints, certainly more (and more worthwhile) viewpoints than the Daily Mail which you seem to love quoting.

I said you Natsis hated England and you've thrown up an article where an English woman living in Scotland says she doesn't like England any more and you think you've whoosh'd me

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Economic experts today are very worried about Osbornes plan to cut corporation tax because it depends entirely on people spending money to compensate.

So in the middle of all this uncertainty when people don't know whether they'll keep their jobs, Osborne's big plan depends on these people saying "You know what? f**k my family and saving for the rainy day when Brxit starts - it I will buy more tat. Our country needs me." If these people don't spend our economy will be even more of a disaster than it already is.

I'd say that they're living up to their reputation and then some.

Who were these "experts" and where can I listen to them? Corporation Tax is a tax on business profits. Cutting Corporation Tax will attract business to the UK and it encourages reinvestment in expansion within the companies already here. To compensate all we really need is a Costa Coffee or an Amazon, Google or Microsoft paying a greater percentage of their taxes here than they do currently.

34 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Who were these "experts" and where can I listen to them? Corporation Tax is a tax on business profits. Cutting Corporation Tax will attract business to the UK and it encourages reinvestment in expansion within the companies already here. To compensate all we really need is a Costa Coffee or an Amazon, Google or Microsoft paying a greater percentage of their taxes here than they do currently.

So why has the footsie dropped back 0.5% at this fantastic news?

I said you Natsis hated England and you've thrown up an article where an English woman living in Scotland says she doesn't like England any more and you think you've whoosh'd me

Whooooosh again.

You and your ilk have consistently said nationalists hate the English, not England.

And she quite clearly says she doesn't like being in England since the EU referendum. That's the other important part that seems to have passed you by.

So, yes, double whoosh in fact.