Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voted remain.

In the end there wasnt a good enough reason to leave and I simply couldnt bring myself to vote on the same side as the hordes of deluded racists.

Very relieved to hear the racists appear to have lost this.

Just hope the win for Remain is big enough to put this to bed permanently.

Several million immigrant families who have settled here and call the UK home have been put through absolute hell by this. Hopefully they can sleep easier tonight knowing their future is no longer under threat.

So you feel the only reason to vote Leave is racism?

I'm trying to figure out why millions of families who settled here have been put through hell by a vote taking place. I would have thought for many immigrants to this country, the fact they now live in a country where we have stuff like votes, and democracy and shit, would be pleasing to them.

23 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

My question....

In a referendum to ascertain the free will of the people of the United Kingdom, why are political parties directing members?

And why are people letting them? 

I think one of the most fatuous arguments I heard to remain was that it was an opportunity to force the case for Scottish Independence again. No prizes for guessing what party that person was representing as they wandered around the doors in the local area. 

I have to say as well watching the BBC programme at the moment, it's really pathetic to see the likes of Ed Milliband trying to turn this referendum on the EU into something about austerity and the policies of David Camerons government. I guess he must have missed it but the question was whether we should remain in the EU or leave the EU. There was f**k all on the ballot paper asking "how rich are you" 

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Very patriotic of you and good to know you judge everyone the same. I know very good tradesman selfemplyed who work their arse off for lower wages thanks to former eastern European countries. But you are OK jack that's all that matters.

If any of you outers think that workers wages are going to rise after Brexit then you are deluding yourself.  The people who will be running the UK post Brexit are no friends of workers rights.  Brexiteers want the UK to be a US by the sea, personally that  doesn't work for me as I enjoy my annual leave and don't want it restricted.

23 minutes ago, scottd said:

If any of you outers think that workers wages are going to rise after Brexit then you are deluding yourself.  The people who will be running the UK post Brexit are no friends of workers rights.  Brexiteers want the UK to be a US by the sea, personally that  doesn't work for me as I enjoy my annual leave and don't want it restricted.

Why the f**k would your annual leave be restricted? Do you honestly think your employer will suddenly rip up your contract and change all the terms and conditions of your employment? 

I find it pretty tragic that there are actually people out there who believe this kind of shite and that believe the likes of Le Pen of the National Front in France, Austria's Freedom Party, the Finns Party, or the Fidesz Party are going to be the guardians of workers rights. FFS, this is basic "Modern Studies". 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Why the f**k would your annual leave be restricted? Do you honestly think your employer will suddenly rip up your contract and change all the terms and conditions of your employment? 

I find it pretty tragic that there are actually people out there who believe this kind of shite and that believe the likes of Le Pen of the National Front in France, Austria's Freedom Party, the Finns Party, or the Fidesz Party are going to be the guardians of workers rights. FFS, this is basic "Modern Studies". 

I think you misunderstand me Stuart.  Politically I am as far away from those right wing racist parties as you could imagine.

London and Scotland will preserve my EU citizenship maybe.

So you feel the only reason to vote Leave is racism?

He also seems to believe that everyone who voted to leave is a racist.

very reasoned thought.

I think Will Self put it very well. "Not everyone who will vote Leave is a racist but all the racists will vote Leave."

1 hour ago, scottd said:

I think you misunderstand me Stuart.  Politically I am as far away from those right wing racist parties as you could imagine.

London and Scotland will preserve my EU citizenship maybe.

Maybe not. Welcome to Little Engerlund.  Absolutely appalling.

An hour or two is a long time in politics. Let the fun begin. At this point it looks like Remain's scare stories weren't scare stories. Economic shambles looks to be ahead for at least a while. And wait until the weeping and wailing from the firm democrats who can't accept democratic votes begins. A yawnfest on the way big style.

Saw Andrea Leadsom and Neil Hamilton being asked how quickly article 50 should be invoked and how quickly immigration will be controlled. Also asked them what should be done to arrest the run on the pound and collapse of the markets. The pound now at the lowest level since 1985. 

They didn't have a scooby do. So much for "Take back control."

No democracy for Scotland.

18 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Saw Andrea Leadsom and Neil Hamilton being asked how quickly article 50 should be invoked and how quickly immigration will be controlled. Also asked them what should be done to arrest the run on the pound and collapse of the markets. The pound now at the lowest level since 1985. 

It's not their job. There is still a cabinet in place together with a PM and chancellor. That could change I suppose. This is virgin territory for everyone and I'm going to enjoy it. It's not all about Scotland anyway. Europe was inevitably going to implode anyway and this will probably expedite it. But if the Scots still love Merkel and Hollande, so be it. You might get your wishes one day.

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

There won't be any point to UKIP now so maybe Farage will disappear from sight soon.

you would think that would be the case

but....

we don't know what our relationship with the eu is now going to be

the majority in Westminster wanted to remain. If they go for a deal, like Norway, where we remain in a single market, have freedom of movement of people and still pay subs to the eu...

I can see ukip and Farage continue spouting their shite

1 hour ago, Kendo said:

. Also asked them what should be done to arrest the run on the pound and collapse of the markets. The pound now at the lowest level since 1985. 

as would have been the case if we'd voted yes in the Scottish independence referendum

2 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Can't help wondering how those who voted No 2 years ago to ensure we stayed in the EU are feeling now..

I voted no at the referendum and staying in the eu wasn't a priority

staying in the UK was what I was voting for

looking back at it, Imo the options were

1. Stay in the UK and come out the EU

2. Come out the UK but stay in the EU

for me, at this point, I would still go with 1.

my opinion may change however.

for me, the underlying essence of the leave vote is racism and xenophobia

that doesn't sit well with me

yes, you could say that a dislike of the English was a major factor in the yes vote

that's partly because folk have this view of the English all being posh tories, which they obviously aren't

but the English working classes have shown themselves to have a very large racist streak in them

#thichasfcuk

Edited by nosferatu