Sign in to follow this  
Kendo

Eu Referendum

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A man is not an island, can't remember who said it first, but Great Britain is a " wee island " so are you asking if the UK gets a vote on whether or not to leave the EU?

Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey don't have a vote , mind your island is prettier to be fair

Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey don't have a vote , mind your island is prettier to be fair

Well to be honest the Isle of man sort of kicks my argument that no man is an island in the baws, but Australia is not my island, but it is ' My Island Home" ( a very nice song by some Aussie band or other ) Am fae Seedhill FFS lol

Well to be honest the Isle of man sort of kicks my argument that no man is an island in the baws, but Australia is not my island, but it is ' My Island Home" ( a very nice song by some Aussie band or other ) Am fae Seedhill FFS lol

Basically the same Bud, full of convicts without the sun tan lol

Technically it is, but it is referred to as an island continent apparently.blink.png

It should really be classed as the continental mainland of Australasia.

Any landmass on earth could, "technically", be considered an island as they are all surrounded by water.

A man is not an island, can't remember who said it first, but Great Britain is a " wee island " so are you asking if the UK gets a vote on whether or not to leave the EU?

No man is an island was written by Englishman , John Donne . He also wrote the immortal words - do not send to find for whom the bell tolls. .

I will likely vote the same way as my kids since they will likely have a lot longer left on this planet than me. If 1 say in and 1 say out I will just get the wife to make my mind up, as usual.

Well Dad, I think I'm voting out.

I voted to yes to independence and used Norway as an example of what a small independent country can achieve. I don't think we can use them as an example, when they aren't in the EU. Don't forget the EU also basically told us to get stuffed during the independence campaign. There is also the way they treated countries like Greece.

There are things I do like in the EU such as free movement, but overall the EU is undemocratic and is only going to get worse whilst they create their United States of Europe.

I'll be happy to leave and negotiate a Trade agreement.

I voted to yes to independence and used Norway as an example of what a small independent country can achieve. I don't think we can use them as an example, when they aren't in the EU. Don't forget the EU also basically told us to get stuffed during the independence campaign. There is also the way they treated countries like Greece.

There are things I do like in the EU such as free movement, but overall the EU is undemocratic and is only going to get worse whilst they create their United States of Europe.

Free movement was all well and good when it was essentially a smaller number of countries with relatively stable economies.

Since the Eastern bloc countries with relative poverty have joined, there was obviously going to be a levelling down of economies as people moved to the richer parts to generate cash and send it home to stimulate their own economy.

If you think things are bad now... Wait for the massive influx of Turks and Albanians next.

Edited by BuddieinEK

Greece and indeed what they did in Cyprus should be enough to put anyone off being a member of "the Club of Europe", it is nothing more than a horrendous clusterf**k of an idea meant to serve a very small elite .

What both wee Nap' and wee Shickelgrubber were both unable to achieve by force of arms is now being brought to bear in another fashion . Coincidently , it was perhaps only Britain that was able to stand up to both of those little midden's . .

Greece and indeed what they did in Cyprus should be enough to put anyone off being a member of "the Club of Europe", it is nothing more than a horrendous clusterf**k of an idea meant to serve a very small elite .

What both wee Nap' and wee Shickelgrubber were both unable to achieve by force of arms is now being brought to bear in another fashion . Coincidently , it was perhaps only Britain that was able to stand up to both of those little midden's . .

Are you Mad Boris in disguise?

I've been open to persuasion for both arguments but I've seen nothing credible that suggests Wed be better off out.

I've seen nothing credible to suggest we'd be worse off out.

Then again, when you consider it is all coming from politicians, is it surprising that there has been nothing credible from either side?

I've seen nothing credible to suggest we'd be worse off out.

Then again, when you consider it is all coming from politicians, is it surprising that there has been nothing credible from either side?

Indeed.

Why would anyone listen to a gaggle of slavering tories views on Europe whilst they do their selfish best to further their claims for the next prime minister?

It is amusing seeing them sink further into civil war though.

This is a decision that I will make based on my own opinion on matters based on what I've experienced over the years regarding the EU.

The EU referendum campaign in Scotland is amusing.

The yesers for Scottish indepedence now using the very same arguments to remain that they campaigned against previously.

Its highlighted that the SNP and yes campaign = UKIP, the Tory right and the leave campaign.

Alex Salmond = Boris Johnson.

Its highlighted how ridiculous both positions are!

Edited by nosferatu

The yesers for Scottish indepedence now using the very same arguments to remain that they campaigned against previously.

Its highlighted that the SNP and yes campaign = UKIP, the Tory right and the leave campaign.

0/10.

You're getting lazy in your old age.

What I've enjoyed is seeing Natsis saying the reason they'll vote out is because Europe turned their back on Scotland during the independence referendum. It's almost as if they struggle to realise that without at least one political Union with the UK or the EU an Independent Scotland would have been utterly f**ked by now.

Without seeing a credible argument to leave I'll vote for the status quo. It strikes me it would be damned stupid to do anything else.