Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well we will see how accurate that statement is in the next few days when we get the latest jobs figures. Last I saw we had record levels of employment and that was before Boeing announce 2000 new jobs in the UK two days ago.

If you lived in the real world you would know about some of the situations I referred to and that this is happening already to people in the UK. Not everyone who is losing or will lose their job can go and work for Boeing.
The sort of moron we have seen on some news clips from down south don't actually realise what they have voted for here ????

Playing the devil's advocate here... But if that is the case, how is it that so many can confidently state that the wrong decision was made?

You don't need to play devils advocate. You are exactly right. There's politicians trying desperately to claim political capital by telling Scots how badly we've been done in by the vote to leave the EU when ALL of the financial markers they claim proved their case have either recovered already and are better today than they were pre Brexit, or recovering to the point where there's very little difference.

It's those who are talking down the economy who are damaging job prospects and trying desperately to push the country into recession and their only reason for doing so is to make some political gain. People like that have no interest in the wealth of the nation. They should hang their heads in shame

You don't need to play devils advocate. You are exactly right. There's politicians trying desperately to claim political capital by telling Scots how badly we've been done in by the vote to leave the EU when ALL of the financial markers they claim proved their case have either recovered already and are better today than they were pre Brexit, or recovering to the point where there's very little difference.

It's those who are talking down the economy who are damaging job prospects and trying desperately to push the country into recession and their only reason for doing so is to make some political gain. People like that have no interest in the wealth of the nation. They should hang their heads in shame

Stuart all the so called financial experts say it's not just now that will be the problem it's when we push the button on article 50 to leave the EU that the melt down will happen. We will recover again after a period of time but the big melt down is to come make no mistake the EU will also suffer.

Stuart all the so called financial experts say it's not just now that will be the problem it's when we push the button on article 50 to leave the EU that the melt down will happen. We will recover again after a period of time but the big melt down is to come make no mistake the EU will also suffer.

What financial experts? The articles I read in the financial press and on online media talked about uncertainty in the markets and how that always had a destabilising effect, but nearly all of them expected the UK economy to recover from any downturn in less than a year. 

No-one has a crystal ball, or a flux capacitor in a DeLorean so there's no possibility of any certainty what will happen if the UK Government ever invoke Article 50. It looks like if we ever do it will be a good few years down the line when we're good and ready and when we've negotiated out trade markets. That's a sensible position to take. It shows the markets that we know what we are doing and it allows investors to see the UK as a safe bet. It's also an opportunity for the EU to show the money markets how they will react to a major economy resigning it's membership and whether or not the EU will suffer will depend on how well they can convince the markets they've been prepared as well. 

I think we'll find that time will give us a level of preparedness that will mean if there is a fall it's far more gentle and far softer than anyone can imagine. That will depend on the skill of our politicians, and I think Theresa May and her new cabinet are shaping up well for the negotiations ahead. 

One thing that is abundantly clear though, the meltdown and crisis that the SNP have constantly tried to claim is going on here as a result of Brexit just looks plain silly now. I'm sure the Scottish Electorate will now have a much clearer vision of who what side was really cultivating "Project Fear" and that the SNP support will collapse in the near future. 

13 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

The FT250 has lost over 30 billion quid since Brexit vote.

It's up again today and it's 200 points higher today than it was on June 20th, just 3 days before the referendum. You really should stop using Wings Over Scotland as your source of news....:rolleyes: 

Capture.PNG

Edited by Stuart Dickson

How would someone who is ignoring posts know whether those posts was aimed at them or not? Must be viewing the posts anyway.

Realised you've made a c**t of yourself again?

Quoted you just to make sure that he does see it.

Cue the trollmeister putting me on ignore...

Are some people insisting everything's fine with the EU exit because there's been no damage less than four weeks after the vote? FFS that's just trolling because no one could be that stupid.

Long term it might be good or bad no one knows for definite. All we have is past evidence to go on and before the UK was in the EEC, GDP growth was lower, than member states, but that was the 50s and 60s. A lots changed since then.

Edited by ford prefect

This Dicko bating nonsense is simply tedious and can we not call a halt to it? Why can't you guys put him on ignore like most of us have presumably done a long time ago? He has successfully been making an idiot of himself for years and doesn't need any help. I find that some of you who I regard as good guys have become almost as boring as him with your repetitive cant. 'Thickasf**k' drives me nuts. Can we not have a rest from it? How about a short break until, say, Christmas next year? 

9 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

This Dicko bating nonsense is simply tedious and can we not call a halt to it? Why can't you guys put him on ignore like most of us have presumably done a long time ago? He has successfully been making an idiot of himself for years and doesn't need any help. I find that some of you who I regard as good guys have become almost as boring as him with your repetitive cant. 'Thickasf**k' drives me nuts. Can we not have a rest from it? How about a short break until, say, Christmas next year? 

It's quality entertainment watching Stu destroying allcomers. :lol:

9 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

Hallelujah. :happyclapper

This from the Wee Ginger Dug

"Her visit was designed more to reassure the rest of the UK that she’s an active PM who is going to keep England’s colonial possessions in check than she intended to give Scotland reassurances."

As more detailed accounts of yesterday's meeting between TM & NS emerge this one caught my eye

In a sign that the new Prime Minister is committed to keeping the Union intact, she said she will not trigger Article 50 – the formal process for withdrawing from the EU – until all the devolved nations in the country agree.

This coupled with new Chancellor Philip Hammond saying Brexit might take up to six years is a clear indication that wriggling out of the referendum result is now government policy - less Brexit, more Hokey Cokey. 

the 400,000 SNP voters that voted to leave the EU must be getting a fair idea of what its like to be on the receiving end of Sturgeon refusing to recognise a democratic vote. At least those 400,000 SNP voters actually grasp the concept of independence unlike the toe the line muppets.

She really has made an arse of herself on this one.

As for the "no article 50 until all the devolved regions of the uk agree". Utter bollocks. They'll be asked for their input, it will be noted out of politeness and then duly ignored. Sturgeon has been told to go and see what she can get off the EU and report back. That wont take very long considering she was pointed and laughed at when she turned up in Brussels to beg to be allowed to stay in the EU. Sorry love, the EU doesn't recognise regions, it only recognises the member state.

Think of the EU as a bus. 28 states were on the bus, some of them are federal states and carry their regions around in a suitcase, or in the UKs case its a union itself. When they stop the bus and get off, they take their luggage with them. But they are off the bus.

The games a bogey for Sturgeon. May has told her there wont be another indyref but she has allowed Sturgeon a chance at a face saving get out. Dont forget that it suits the Tories just fine to have the SNP making an arse of Scotland rather than Labour. And the independence thing is gently withering on the vine now anyway and the gainers from that will be the Scottish tories bizarrely. But there you go.

Incidentally. Some folk round here may be aware that I'm right literally all the time. May has used Sturgeon politically to buy herself a but of time to organise Brexit, and more particularly to allow the CS to get up to speed and to get this countries negotiating position sorted before invoking article 50.

But the plan being followed is this one below. Its the one a friend of mine has been working on for around a decade now and although he is roundly despised by all the political elites north and south of the border as well as their media hangers on, Its the plan currently being passed around whitehall. I told people this often enough prior to the referendum vote. But it might be worthwhile having a look through it now as it matters. It wont please the UKIP idiots naturally. But f**k them. They had a chance to own that referendum but a bit like Salmond and co during the indyref they utterly blew it by not having a plan in place to leave. As a result they are f**ked.

http://eureferendum.com/documents/flexcit.pdf