Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

53 minutes ago, Reynard said:

The games a bogey for Sturgeon. May has told her there wont be another indyref but she has allowed Sturgeon a chance at a face saving get out. Dont forget that it suits the Tories just fine to have the SNP making an arse of Scotland rather than Labour. And the independence thing is gently withering on the vine now anyway and the gainers from that will be the Scottish tories bizarrely. But there you go.

Incidentally. Some folk round here may be aware that I'm right literally all the time. May has used Sturgeon politically to buy herself a but of time to organise Brexit, and more particularly to allow the CS to get up to speed and to get this countries negotiating position sorted before invoking article 50.

But the plan being followed is this one below. Its the one a friend of mine has been working on for around a decade now and although he is roundly despised by all the political elites north and south of the border as well as their media hangers on, Its the plan currently being passed around whitehall. I told people this often enough prior to the referendum vote. But it might be worthwhile having a look through it now as it matters. It wont please the UKIP idiots naturally. But f**k them. They had a chance to own that referendum but a bit like Salmond and co during the indyref they utterly blew it by not having a plan in place to leave. As a result they are f**ked.

http://eureferendum.com/documents/flexcit.pdf

So your argument is that the game is a bogey for independence because "May said No to indyref2" ?

Presumably then the game is up for May as regards pre-negotiation with the EU before invoking Brexit even though the EU has said No to this?

For what it is worth, when it comes to politics NOTHING is certain and therefore there is no concept of any game being a bogey until both sides agree that is the case. Funnily enough we have hundreds of years of proof of that which you have casually ignored because it doesnt suit your bizarre rant.

The game is up for Scottish Independence though, whether May would allow a vote or not. Think about it Oaksoft

Back in 2014 the SNP were able to argue that

• Scotland paid more in taxes than we were given back to spend 
  • That we would retain EU Membership when leaving the UK
  • That if we couldn't get use of Sterling we would definitely be able to use the Euro
  • That we'd be able to protect the whisky industry by continuing to use UK Embassies around the world trading under the EU's current trading agreements

Today

• The county spends £15Bn more than we raise in taxes
  • We're out of the EU 
  • No chance of the Euro and pissing off the neighbours isn't likely to let us use their currency. 
  • We're out of the EU so if the UK does let us use their embassies we'll need to hope that their trade agreements which are yet to be negotiated suit our whisky industry cause we'll have no say in the matter. 

Back in 2014 every counter argument to the SNP's White Paper could be dismissed as "Project Fear". Today we can see the reality of the situation. The SNP lied. They made up a pile of unrealistic economic assumptions ignoring their own hired expert advice and that's been exposed in the most obvious, harshest sense imaginable. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

So your argument is that the game is a bogey for independence because "May said No to indyref2" ?

Presumably then the game is up for May as regards pre-negotiation with the EU before invoking Brexit even though the EU has said No to this?

For what it is worth, when it comes to politics NOTHING is certain and therefore there is no concept of any game being a bogey until both sides agree that is the case. Funnily enough we have hundreds of years of proof of that which you have casually ignored because it doesnt suit your bizarre rant.

You should actually pay me a bit more respect. <_<

I'm always right. And you're ALWAYS wrong.

Your reading of the political runes has been catastrophically bad. Yet here you are safe in the bosom of a fairly low calibre football forum group hug.

Suck it up. Its finished.

3 hours ago, Reynard said:

You should actually pay me a bit more respect. <_<

I'm always right. And you're ALWAYS wrong.

Your reading of the political runes has been catastrophically bad. Yet here you are safe in the bosom of a fairly low calibre football forum group hug.

Suck it up. Its finished.

:lol: You know, I am not entirely certain you are at the wind up here. I think there is a very good chance you genuinely believe in your own importance.

7 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

So to summarise, someone that failed to be a politician and a proven liar have mumbled about something that might never happen. Think that any sane person should listen to them.

Eh no, I don't think so.

You seem to have lifted that tear streaked rant straight from a Morton fans crib sheet on P&B

Not only are you a halfwit. You're an unoriginal one. Anyway, at least you've got Scottish independence to look forward to I guess. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36819182

in, out, in, out, shake it all about, you do the hokey cokey and at the end of the day you don't have a fcuking clue what is happening, that's what it's all about. Oh! Boris fcuking Johnson, Oh! David fcuking Cameron, Oh! Divisions in the Tories.... THAT'S what it was all about...

43 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36819182

in, out, in, out, shake it all about, you do the hokey cokey and at the end of the day you don't have a fcuking clue what is happening, that's what it's all about. Oh! Boris fcuking Johnson, Oh! David fcuking Cameron, Oh! Divisions in the Tories.... THAT'S what it was all about...

So she doesn't want IndyRef2? The Scottish Nationalist Party are now going to campaign to stay in the UK? Blank sheet of paper? Aye that's the Scottish Government's list of successes to date. 

f**king eejit :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, Reynard said:

You seem to have lifted that tear streaked rant straight from a Morton fans crib sheet on P&B

Not only are you a halfwit. You're an unoriginal one. Anyway, at least you've got Scottish independence to look forward to I guess. :lol:

Could be worse. He could be delusional.

I see Sturgeon is being called out as liar tonight by her own spokesperson. Whilst Nicola Sturgeon has been bragging on the Andrew Marr show that Theresa May has given her a strong position to veto Brexit, her own spokesperson has said "we aren't going around saying we have a veto because frankly we don't." 

Dear oh dear. That has to be one of the quickest political slapdowns of modern time :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I see Sturgeon is being called out as liar tonight by her own spokesperson. Whilst Nicola Sturgeon has been bragging on the Andrew Marr show that Theresa May has given her a strong position to veto Brexit, her own spokesperson has said "we aren't going around saying we have a veto because frankly we don't." 

Dear oh dear. That has to be one of the quickest political slapdowns of modern time :rolleyes:

You will be able to provide an exact quote showing where Sturgeon used the word "veto".

No?

Didnt think so.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You will be able to provide an exact quote showing where Sturgeon used the word "veto".

No?

Didnt think so.

veto
ˈviːtəʊ/
noun

1. 1.
    a constitutional right to reject a decision or proposal made by a lawmaking body.
    "neither state was given a veto over amendments to the Act"
    •  

•  

verb

1. 1.
    exercise a veto against (a decision or proposal).
    "the president vetoed the bill"
    synonyms: reject, turn down, throw out, dismiss, say ‘no’ to, rule against, overrule, rule out,quash; More

Sturgeon claimed on Andrew Marr that she was in a strong position to block Brexit - that's a veto as per the definition in the dictionary. She's been slapped down by her own spokesperson. Total humiliation for old Lego Head. 

2 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:
veto
ˈviːtəʊ/
noun

1. 1.
    a constitutional right to reject a decision or proposal made by a lawmaking body.
    "neither state was given a veto over amendments to the Act"
    •  

•  

verb

1. 1.
    exercise a veto against (a decision or proposal).
    "the president vetoed the bill"
    synonyms: reject, turn down, throw out, dismiss, say ‘no’ to, rule against, overrule, rule out,quash; More

Sturgeon claimed on Andrew Marr that she was in a strong position to block Brexit - that's a veto as per the definition in the dictionary. She's been slapped down by her own spokesperson. Total humiliation for old Lego Head. 

So she didnt use the word veto then.

Didnt think so.

The question is why you waste your time making these sort of accusations simply to be shot down in seconds by people far more intelligent than you.

Its a puzzler. No doubt about it,

Poor you. I'm on a four day week this week (in fact, every Friday in July off and first Monday in August - six four day weeks in a row). I actually stop on Thursday for 11 days straight and am only using 4 days holiday. [emoji4]

Poor you, I'm off all this week, then back onto my permanent 4 day week next week, a fortnight off in September, same again at Christmas and with only another 13 working days to take in between.

Mind you, having a stroke last year did leave me with a fair bit of carryover...

:-)

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I see the IMF has changed its doom and gloom Brexit predictions of a few weeks ago to now predict the UK economy will be third fastest growing economy in the world behind the US and Canada - both of whom are also not in the EU :rolleyes:

Not according to what I'm reading in a report dated 19th July (yesterday).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36834977

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said the UK's decision to leave the European Union has "thrown a spanner in the works" of its global growth forecast.

Instead of predicting 3.2% growth in 2016, the IMF's World Economic Outlook (WEO) now expects only 3.1%.

It says the UK will be the worst affected of all the advanced economies.

Its 2017 UK growth forecast has been slashed from 2.2% to 1.3% and this year's has been cut from 1.9% to 1.7%.

Edited by Bud the Baker

35 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Doom and gloom is growth at a rate that is only bettered by Canada and the US. This is anything but Armageddon in anyone's language.

and Mexico, and China, and India, and Indonesia, and Thailand, and Iran, and Nigeria, and Poland, and even Ireland FFS!!!!  If you're going to lift examples from the likes of the IMF or World Bank, try to read the full reports.

and Mexico, and China, and India, and Indonesia, and Thailand, and Iran, and Nigeria, and Poland, and even Ireland FFS!!!!  If you're going to lift examples from the likes of the IMF or World Bank, try to read the full reports.

Yeah true. The report I misread talked about us being third in a group of 7 of the world's strongest economies. Certainly the IMF believes we will out perform Germany and France.

Great news today also from the Chancellors office. Another record high of people in work, a new record low of economically inactive people in the UK, fewer people on benefits, full time workers working more hours and earnings are up well ahead of inflation. What a fantastic place the UK is. No wonder half of Europe wants to move here.

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Doom and gloom is growth at a rate that is only bettered by Canada and the US. This is anything but Armageddon in anyone's language.

I see that all those hours of watching politicians has paid off - you ignore the point I was making that the IMF are predicting a slowdown in growth as a result of Brexit and that it will affect UK more than other advanced economies. We are where we are largely because of 40 years of EU membership, where the UK is going post-Brexit according to most economic forecasts is downhill relative to these other advanced economies, do you think you'll still be able to make the boast in your first sentence 5 years from now?

You're the one who brought Armageddon into the thread so saying it's not going to happen is an irrelevance, anyway I suppose you better hope your new leader can delay the UK geddon (sic) out of Europe until she can find a way to execute another U-turn, the irony of seeing her say that all four countries within the UK would have to be in agreement before Article 50 would be triggered was the most breathtaking piece of hypocrisy I've seen from a UK politician since the heydays of the Blairmeister. :lol:

In a sign that the new Prime Minister is committed to keeping the Union intact, she said she will not trigger Article 50 – the formal process for withdrawing from the EU – until all the devolved nations in the country agree.

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I see that all those hours of watching politicians has paid off - you ignore the point I was making that the IMF are predicting a slowdown in growth as a result of Brexit and that it will affect UK more than other advanced economies. We are where we are largely because of 40 years of EU membership, where the UK is going post-Brexit according to most economic forecasts is downhill relative to these other advanced economies, do you think you'll still be able to make the boast in your first sentence 5 years from now?

You're the one who brought Armageddon into the thread so saying it's not going to happen is an irrelevance, anyway I suppose you better hope your new leader can delay the UK geddon (sic) out of Europe until she can find a way to execute another U-turn, the irony of seeing her say that all four countries within the UK would have to be in agreement before Article 50 would be triggered was the most breathtaking piece of hypocrisy I've seen from a UK politician since the heydays of the Blairmeister. :lol:

I didn't bring Armaggedon into this - the IMF did. 

Here's what Christine Legarde had to say about Brexit before the referendum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36284200

It appears that "pretty bad" to "really bad" is actually steady economic growth at a pace that is greater than most of the economies anywhere else in the world. Legarde's pre referendum prediction has been used countless times by nationalists and anti Brexit left wingers to claim the demise of the UK economy - yet here we are 1 month on with the economy still not in recession, still not showing much sign of a slowdown, with unemployment reaching new record low levels and with the IMF now in complete reverse gear on it's predictions. Even the Nationalists who initially claimed the world was caving in because of the fall in the value of the pound are now claiming that nothing will happen until Article 50 is invoked. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson