Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Oh dear. Come back to me when you can read and I'll gladly help you with your business....:rolleyes:

I had 4 businesses in total. As I've said I was making a clear profit of 15p on every text message sent, the minimum profit on a match day per customer was 60p. We covered all 92 senior English Clubs, all 42 senior Scottish Clubs, several Junior clubs, loads of juvenile clubs, the senior German and French leagues, and we had deals in place for the MLS, MLB and for the NFL when we sold.

It didn't give me a Donald Trump or a Alan Sugar type return, but I can confirm we had more than one customer....:rolleyes: However, even if it was just that one Colchester client paying me on a long dark Friday evening, I still turned a profit. No loss was ever made.

stu dick.jpg

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Oh dear. Come back to me when you can read and I'll gladly help you with your business....:rolleyes:

I had 4 businesses in total. As I've said I was making a clear profit of 15p on every text message sent, the minimum profit on a match day per customer was 60p. We covered all 92 senior English Clubs, all 42 senior Scottish Clubs, several Junior clubs, loads of juvenile clubs, the senior German and French leagues, and we had deals in place for the MLS, MLB and for the NFL when we sold.

It didn't give me a Donald Trump or a Alan Sugar type return, but I can confirm we had more than one customer....:rolleyes: However, even if it was just that one Colchester client paying me on a long dark Friday evening, I still turned a profit. No loss was ever made.

You see you are confusing your business model (which you have described) with your financial reaults from that business model. You are presenting one as proof of success of the other.

You havent a f**king clue what you are talking about.

you must be the first successful businessman with a global empire spanning the UK, Europe and America who walked away from it all to do 12 hour night shifts as a watchman.

Do you not see how you are damaging your credibility by spouting this sort of laughable guff?

Edited by oaksoft

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You see you are confusing your business model (which you have described) with your financial reaults from that business model. You are presenting one as proof of success of the other.

You havent a f**king clue what you are talking about.

you must be the first successful businessman with a global empire spanning the UK, Europe and America who walked away from it all to do 12 hour night shifts as a watchman.

Do you not see how you are damaging your credibility by spouting this sort of laughable guff.

FFS Oaksoft. The ins and outs of my businesses were posted and debated to death on this forum and on the Official Website forum years ago. Many on here will remember the businesses well and the background to how they came about in the first place. Indeed many still refer to the meeting where I presented the business plan to Stewart Gilmour in 1999 as what they, wrongly, think the main gripe was that I had with his stewardship of the club.

I'm not the one trying to boast about my business accumen here. I've said already I didn't make £millions. It was a simple business concept that worked and I did alright from it before selling it. The point I am simply making is that you are wrong when you claim that being self employed gives you freedom. It doesn't. Just ask any shop owner, any self employed plumber, chef, taxi driver or anyone else for that matter. You have to work to the demand that your customer base has unless you have the finances to hire someone else to do the work for you. It's money that gives you freedom, not your employment status.

I am employed these days, and I thoroughly enjoy my job, my shifts and I enjoy my pay and the freedoms that gives me. I certainly get to watch far more football now than I ever did when I was self employed.

I read a lot of books on a lot of subjects and the reason I do that is because you never stop learning you arrogant idiot.

I am not teaching myself HOW to be a businessman. I am trying to discover if I can IMPROVE what I do. Despite 10 years of experience I am awre that you can always improve.

Every single successful person in every single field you can think of employs this technique. It is called critical evaluation and I am staggered that you are unaware of it.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/glassheel/2012/04/12/13-signs-you-are-meant-to-be-self-employed/#3b23950f4e86

Hmm item one on Forbes list of reasons to be self employed. Schedule flexibility. Who would have thought it?

Correct

Taxi Radio off at 1pm Saturday

Attend the 10 nil thrashing of Edinburgh City at Greenhill Road

Taxi Radio back on around 5.15 pm

COSMFC :D

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Correct

Taxi Radio off at 1pm Saturday

Attend the 10 nil thrashing of Edinburgh City at Greenhill Road

Taxi Radio back on around 5.15 pm

COSMFC :D

So thats his ideas about taxi drivers and plumbers having their hours fixed by their customers shown to be pish then......

Its almost as though he hasnt a f**king clue what he is talking about.

BTW I wish I shared your enthusiasm about Saturdays result.

We will win by 3 goals I think and that will probably leave us third.

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So thats his ideas about taxi drivers and plumbers having their hours fixed by their customers shown to be pish then......

Its almost as though he hasnt a f**king clue what he is talking about.

BTW I wish I shared your enthusiasm about Saturdays result.

We will win by 3 goals I think and that will probably leave us third.

Taxi Radio wont be going back on if we finish third..

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/251895

Myth 3: You have so much freedom!

“Freedom” in the context of self-employment is difficult to define. On the one hand, you may be free from the pedantic demands of micromanaging bosses and restrictive vacation policies. You may be thrilled to be able to pick your kids up from school or make it to their soccer games.

But, on the other hand, your freedom is cramped by the necessity to work for your survival. Gone is the paid time off, the holidays and the 9-to-5 boundaries. It’s all on you! And sometimes, that feels like the opposite of freedom.

You can only refuse work if you are in the financial position to do so. So once again - as I've said and proven so many times - it's money that gives you freedom.....not your self employed status. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/251895

You can only refuse work if you are in the financial position to do so.

Not only is that a stupid thing to believe, It is simply not true and nowhere in that article does he say that. On the contrary he specifically talks about the freedom to choose your own hours, the freedom to choose what type of work you take on, the freedom to decide your work location. Add to that the freedom to set your prices, the freedom to decide exactly what clients to work with and which to reject. Honestly, I dont know how much more freedom relative to an employee you could possibly want.

You, for example, would be a f**king nightmare to deal with and no amount of hardship would prevent me from rejecting you as a client. I call this the Gilmour Principle of Sane Business Practice after our dearly beloved ex-chairman who rightly kicked your brainless business idea straight out of the doors of Love Street before your arse had warmed any of the seats in his office.

Edited by oaksoft

The man is apparently in his 60s by all accounts.

What sort of person embarasses themselves by getting pished over the age of 25 these days?

Cringe Kendo. Cringe.

I AM SPARTACUS!

Or Kendo. No, definitely Spartacus.

This getting old stuff isn't what I was expecting, think I could sue someone for mis-selling it to me?

[emoji14]