Sign in to follow this  
Kendo

Eu Referendum

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First I take it by not pursuing the point that you accept that I haven't changed the meaning of my posts.

Because you're quoting selectively and accusing me of meaning the opposite of what I said - read the words in red. I will not let you misrepresent me in this manner. I accept that the result of the 2014 election but as I've said politics is an ongoing situation, the debate continues, and if circumstances change then a new Independence referendum might be appropriate.

Dear oh dear, almost in tears. lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

PS No more, my sides are sore, you've had a howler, I'm out, had enough at the Scottish referendum, it's over, get used to it.

bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

This is about the EU referendum ya trumpet. The clue is in the title of the thread.

The Daily Mail poll on 29 February found 33% of pro-Scottish independence voters backed a Brexit, against 25% who would vote leave.

So that would be 58% who want to leave.

Also, were they making out that some independence voters are anti-Scottish?

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

PS No more, my sides are sore, you've had a howler, I'm out, had enough at the Scottish referendum, it's over, get used to it.

bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

Same old, same old, I presume you have a macro for these posts..................1eye.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

So that would be 58% who want to leave.

Also, were they making out that some independence voters are anti-Scottish?

It was in the Daily Mail.

It must be true.

They'd never make any thing up to suit their agenda.

Maybe we should just refer to Fatty as "The Daily Mail" from now on, because his posts are a carbon copy of what generally appears on their font pages.

At least he's branching out from Wikipedia.

Edited by FTOF

Well talking about not being democratic - I see the MSP's at Hollyrood yesterday voted overwhelmingly to back an SNP motion calling for the UK to remain in Europe. Why they would waste their time with such a vote when the people will get their say soon anyway is beyond me but then I guess wasting time and getting paid shitloads of taxpayers money for it is exactly what the Scottish Parliament does best.

Anyway only 8 MSP's out of 129 voted to against the motion. That's just 6.2% of our representatives voting to exit. Yet opinion polls in Scotland show that 46% of Scots want to stay in the EU, and 54% would vote to leave. Right now Holyrood doesn't look very representative of the people - does it?

The SNP aren't even representative of their own voters

33% would back Brexit AND 25 % would vote Leave?

I think you have maybe misquoted something there.

33% would back Brexit AND 25 % would vote Leave?

I think you have maybe misquoted something there.

I copied and pasted Oaksoft. I think the journalist might have been having a bad day. The point remains the same though. More than 6.2% of Scots want to leave the EU yet our MSPs fail to represent their views. That's anti democratic. Even with the SNP camp there is a far more even split than is represented by SNP MSPs. The fact is that rather than represent their electorate on this subject they are promoting a campaign designed to engineer another Independence Referendum.

I think most Natsis are anti Scottish. Very few care about what's best for the country and for their fellow Scots.

That's why I never asked what you thought.

I copied and pasted Oaksoft. I think the journalist might have been having a bad day.

A journalist makes a typo, you copy and paste something that makes no sense in a vain attempt to back up a flawed argument, and it's the journalist who's having a bad day?

Aye, on ye go, pick on me, I'm fed up getting bullied. sad.png

Well stop bringing up the independence referendum then.

You're obsessed FFS.

You and BuddieInEK.

You'd have thought the pair of you were on the losing side the way you keep going on about it.

I copied and pasted Oaksoft. I think the journalist might have been having a bad day. The point remains the same though. More than 6.2% of Scots want to leave the EU yet our MSPs fail to represent their views. That's anti democratic. Even with the SNP camp there is a far more even split than is represented by SNP MSPs. The fact is that rather than represent their electorate on this subject they are promoting a campaign designed to engineer another Independence Referendum.

If only 6.2% of Scots want to leave the EU why should the SNP represent their view over the presumable 93.8% who want to remain.

Looks like that journalist isn't the only one having trouble with numbers.

Fancy another shot at these numbers?

If only 6.2% of Scots want to leave the EU why should the SNP represent their view over the presumable 93.8% who want to remain.

Looks like that journalist isn't the only one having trouble with numbers.

Fancy another shot at these numbers?

It was 6.2% of MSPs voted for Brexit.... The opinion in the country is far closer than that. Do try to keep up

Well talking about not being democratic - I see the MSP's at Hollyrood yesterday voted overwhelmingly to back an SNP motion calling for the UK to remain in Europe. Why they would waste their time with such a vote when the people will get their say soon anyway is beyond me but then I guess wasting time and getting paid shitloads of taxpayers money for it is exactly what the Scottish Parliament does best.

Anyway only 8 MSP's out of 129 voted to against the motion. That's just 6.2% of our representatives voting to exit. Yet opinion polls in Scotland show that 46% of Scots want to stay in the EU, and 54% would vote to leave. Right now Holyrood doesn't look very representative of the people - does it?

The SNP aren't even representative of their own voters

You managed to quote the bit at the bottom of my post Oaksoft, but you were too thick to read the rest obviously. :rolleyes: