What An Absolute Shame For Decent Hibs Fans

shull

Have to say, the mobile footage of a guy dancing in front of the line of cops made me laugh. Aside from that, it was daft behaviour by many, and very unsavoury by a few.

Really enjoyed the match, though. The result was especially pleasing.

Absolutely agree. How the f**k anyone could ever defend those scenes yesterday is beyond me. 6 players attacked, goals damaged, the pitch damaged, Hibs fans goading Rangers fans, Rangers fans stupidly reacting, police horses being called into action, and one utter fanny of a Hibs fan punches a f**king horse and there's some on here defending those scenes, and blaming the police and stewards. Have a word with yourselves, FFS.

We need a strong response from the SFA. Exclusion from next year's competition for both clubs should be the starting point. Fans need to know you Do Not go on the f**king pitch.

it was a Rangers fan that punched the horse. But the rest your right. Wouldn't matter to Hibs if there out it they won't win it ever in my life time......shit I can't say that anymore.

Edited to add I'm not convinced 6 players were attacked. A lot of people saying Kenny Miller got attacked but his wife is rubbishing that. Lee Wallace though he did appear unscathed when walking off there is footage of him (maybe him) being punched (maybe).

Edited by Hambud

You're 100% correct.

The Hibs fans have soured what should have been a truly memorable occasion. Unfortunately for them this final will now be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Shame on every last one of them that went onto the pitch.

It doesn't matter the punishment that's coming their way the damage is already done.

in essence the fans Hibs'd it. Neither Pat Nevin and John McGinn can put an end to that phrase. The mantle has moves from the players to the fans.

Absolutely agree. How the f**k anyone could ever defend those scenes yesterday is beyond me. 6 players attacked, goals damaged, the pitch damaged, Hibs fans goading Rangers fans, Rangers fans stupidly reacting, police horses being called into action, and one utter fanny of a Hibs fan punches a f**king horse and there's some on here defending those scenes, and blaming the police and stewards. Have a word with yourselves, FFS.

We need a strong response from the SFA. Exclusion from next year's competition for both clubs should be the starting point. Fans need to know you Do Not go on the f**king pitch.

Don't disagree with everything you say. I would only add that the perpetrators must be identified otherwise it could be casuals masquerading as fans who go along to disrupt proceedings with the aim of getting a rival club fined or banned. The Clubs yesterday were not to blame and it would be a shame if they were punished as a result of thugs.

Both sets of fans were in the wrong and both clubs should be hammered.Hibs for the initial pitch invasion and newco for the reaction to the PI plus the sectarian chants that were blasted out for the full game.I don't know how anyone can even try to defend either set of fans.

BUT.....where were the polis at full time?It was all over Twitter all week that there should be a 'pitch invasion if Hibs win".I thought the polis scanned social media for things like this?Should that not have been a wee clue for them?

So......

Hibs fans?......Guilty

Newco fans?.....Guilty

Polis?..........Guilty.

Rangers fans taunted by Hibs fans after the cup final...

...Surely they've been punished enough1eye.gif

Aye. But that was the club supporters. The Company should be fined for the behaviour of the people supporting a part of their business. Do keep up. whistling.gif

Edited by stlucifer

Both sets of fans were in the wrong and both clubs should be hammered.Hibs for the initial pitch invasion and newco for the reaction to the PI plus the sectarian chants that were blasted out for the full game.I don't know how anyone can even try to defend either set of fans.

BUT.....where were the polis at full time?It was all over Twitter all week that there should be a 'pitch invasion if Hibs win".I thought the polis scanned social media for things like this?Should that not have been a wee clue for them?

So......

Hibs fans?......Guilty

Newco fans?.....Guilty

Polis?..........Guilty.

Bang on John. You could also add in the smoke bombs that were prevalent amongst the Rangers fans in the West Stand. They'll get hammered for that alone in itself.

Although it is nigh on impossible to search EVERY single fan, who is responsible for searches outside the ground with regards to the smoke bombs mentioned above? Seems to me the authorities at Hampden simply didn't learn the lesson of what happened at the Scotland Poland game last October when the Poles were responsible for setting off flares.

As an aside, had to laugh at Stewart Regan's take on event. 'Scottish football is tarnished'? Stewart - the way you and that other fud Doncaster have ran the game in this country, you've more than done that yourselves.

I don't know how anyone can even try to defend either set of fans.

Me neither but a quick scan of Twitter shows an incredible amount of people sticking up for the Hibs fans. Police being blamed, Rangers fans being blamed and also widespread opinion that rangers are lying about their players being punched.

Pie and Bovril Twitter seems to think the invasion was great.

So......

Hibs fans?......Guilty

Newco fans?.....Guilty

Polis?..........Guilty.

Totally disagree with regards to the police. Their response was quick, effective and they very quickly restored order. Stewards had a complete ring around the pitch and as De Boer said you'd have needed a huge number of police and Stewards to hold back thousands heading for the pitch. The police should be praised for ensuring order was restored quickly. The fans should be rightly pilloried for being stupid enough to be on the pitch and the clubs HAVE to be punished severely. No one should be excusing that pish

Totally disagree with regards to the police. Their response was quick, effective and they very quickly restored order. Stewards had a complete ring around the pitch and as De Boer said you'd have needed a huge number of police and Stewards to hold back thousands heading for the pitch. The police should be praised for ensuring order was restored quickly. The fans should be rightly pilloried for being stupid enough to be on the pitch and the clubs HAVE to be punished severely. No one should be excusing that pish

Indeed, De Boer was the only one on the panel who realised that there was no chance stewards could have stopped supporters rushing onto the pitch in the numbers that did.

The police restored order very quickly and without inflaming the situation, which could have been a lot worse.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Can't see the fecking truth through his opinion of Rangers supporters. bangin.gif

Another moron, although nothing new here. bye1.gif

Can't wait for the inevitable "altering" of my post, hilarious. 1eye.gif

Yeah Faraway,it's disgraceful to suggest the newco fans played any part in this.The guy pictured only wanted to celebrate defeat by waving his wee flag on the pitch.

The Hibs fans were totally out of order but the other lot were just as bad.......if not worse.They are bad losers........in fact they are also bad winners.

post-24-0-39774200-1463917096_thumb.jpg

Yeah Faraway,it's disgraceful to suggest the newco fans played any part in this.The guy pictured only wanted to celebrate defeat by waving his wee flag on the pitch.

The Hibs fans were totally out of order but the other lot were just as bad.......if not worse.They are bad losers........in fact they are also bad winners.

attachicon.gif20160522_122844.jpg

"Only" - he could have celebrated in his seat waving his wee flag. Instead he was one of many who went beyond lawful responsiblity and he was part of a pitch invasion. He had no place on the park and by being on the pitch it suggests to me he wanted to have his wee flag wave to goad Rangers fans. There's no excuse for the Rangers fans who reacted either. They should have been nowhere near the pitch either and their thuggish behaviour should also be punished. I see no innocents in your photo HSS. If they can be identified I'd hope clubs ban all of those in that picture.

"Only" - he could have celebrated in his seat waving his wee flag. Instead he was one of many who went beyond lawful responsiblity and he was part of a pitch invasion. He had no place on the park and by being on the pitch it suggests to me he wanted to have his wee flag wave to goad Rangers fans. There's no excuse for the Rangers fans who reacted either. They should have been nowhere near the pitch either and their thuggish behaviour should also be punished. I see no innocents in your photo HSS. If they can be identified I'd hope clubs ban all of those in that picture.

Would Sir like his ever so obvious Whoooooosh Gift Wrapped ?

attachicon.gif20160522_122844.jpg

Don't try to put a slant on my words HSS. thumbdown.gif

Where exactly, did I say Rangers supporters played no part?

Again, root cause, Hibs supporters. bye1.gif

What's the problem? I know I'd be invading the pitch if we hadn't won the cup for 114 years. The only problem is when the Rangers fans join in absolutely seething from losing a last minute goal..

You have missed out Rangers players who were kicked and punched absolutely no excuse for that I take it you are biased to one side

God help St Mirren Football Club, Gordon & Smisa if the above is representative of our Support.

What a horrible and disgusting mentality.

Decent Saints fans would be heartbroken and horrified if they missed out on our players doing a lap of honour with the Trophy in 1987 and 2013.

Absolute tragedy yesterday for respectable Hibernian fans.

Thankfully we didn't invae the pitch at Hampden.

Although Trumpets on here would revel in it.

Murray7 - FFS

I never said that the pitch invasion was good or bad , all I did was ask a simple question that only required a simple answer . .

Maybe you should look before you leap , Ian. .