What An Absolute Shame For Decent Hibs Fans

shull

Hilarious to watch the hand wringers get their knickers in a twist over this!

I assume you were also wanting St Mirren to be hammered over our pitch invasions at Ayr and Inverness back in the day?

Why are they wearing Knickers on their hands ? blink.png

Don't confuse him, his head will burst..............................wait. wink.png

He can't see the difference between the game he's talking about and the damage, both to property and people, that happened in the cup final. 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Does Wembley 77 make you ashamed to be Scottish ?

No but that shouldn't have happened either.

40 years on & you want time to have stood still?

Next week, you might find out about the wheel. It was revolutionary. You will love it but maybe not, you seem happy enough stuck in the past.

Firstly, can you learn how to use the quote function as your question could be aimed anybody?

As I'm first second lol.gif here I'll ask, why are you comparing an event from almost 40 years ago to what happened last Saturday?

Have you taken note of ANY of the main issues from last weekend?

As for your question, not ashamed, slightly embarrassed at the drunkenness but that was seen as a jolly jape in them days, a completely different age and different circumstances.

Maybe time you stepped/dragged yourself into this century?

PS Just seen post above, funny how a similar opinion was taken on your post?

Edited by faraway saint

I did not go on the pitch at Inverness as I was seething at our lack of professionalism and said at the game we were a cert to go straight back down

I was straight doon the A9 after I came off the Pitch

Actually yes it did.

I was at that game. I was 7 years old taken by my Grandfather and my Dad. The match was fantastic, but at full time there was one of those infamous surges, as fans all pushed down to the wall. I was actually pushed against the wall at the front and was in some discomfort when an older gentleman who was also being crushed lifted me out of the road, over the wall and onto the track side. I must have been quite upset cause a policeman came and looked after me with all the mayhem going on around us, and then ensured I was safely handed back to my Grandpa a few minutes later.

A direct consequence of that match, of that pitch invasion and of others like it - like the pitch invasion at Hampden in 1980 - was that fans were penned in at football grounds for the next 10 - 15 years with huge crowd barriers installed to stop fans from getting on the pitch. That ended with the Hillsborough disaster and 96 deaths on the terraces.

Those treating this Scottish Cup final and pitch invasions by Ayr and Kilmarnock fans in the play offs as nothing more than jolly japes should take a long hard look at themselves. f**king fannies!

I did not go on the pitch at Inverness as I was seething at our lack of professionalism and said at the game we were a cert to go straight back down

Same really. I was disgusted. I'd travelled to Inverness with my Dad who had dementia and with my best mate. We were fully up for a celebration and a bit of fun. We were even planning to stay in Inverness for a bit after the match with the possibility of just getting a hotel room and making a night of it in the pubs. Instead, having witnessed all that stupid pitch invading to interfere with the linesman, the teams inept - even drunken - performance, and the scenes at full time the three of us headed back to our car and drove with not a word being uttered until we got to Perth. We were absolutely seething at what we'd witnessed.

Actually yes it did.

I was at that game. I was 7 years old taken by my Grandfather and my Dad. The match was fantastic, but at full time there was one of those infamous surges, as fans all pushed down to the wall. I was actually pushed against the wall at the front and was in some discomfort when an older gentleman who was also being crushed lifted me out of the road, over the wall and onto the track side. I must have been quite upset cause a policeman came and looked after me with all the mayhem going on around us, and then ensured I was safely handed back to my Grandpa a few minutes later.

A direct consequence of that match, of that pitch invasion and of others like it - like the pitch invasion at Hampden in 1980 - was that fans were penned in at football grounds for the next 10 - 15 years with huge crowd barriers installed to stop fans from getting on the pitch. That ended with the Hillsborough disaster and 96 deaths on the terraces.

Those treating this Scottish Cup final and pitch invasions by Ayr and Kilmarnock fans in the play offs as nothing more than jolly japes should take a long hard look at themselves. f**king fannies!

Get yer ain patter!

Agree that it's already looking like a poor attempt to really deal with the main issue here.

Supporters, on both sides, who still think it's ok to act like animals and blame each other.

Seems, deep down, there's been little improvement since the 80's,

Forget supporters acting like animals and blaming each other, one of the clubs has put out an official statement saying its fans did nothing wrong and it was the other club's fans to blame, and the police, and Tom English and the BBC and Nicola Sturgeon... they just stopped short of blaming Cheesy too.

Forget supporters acting like animals and blaming each other, one of the clubs has put out an official statement saying its fans did nothing wrong and it was the other club's fans to blame, and the police, and Tom English and the BBC and Nicola Sturgeon... they just stopped short of blaming Cheesy too.

Whereas you have focused everything on the same club..........................irony in the extreme. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Couldnae make it up. 1eye.gif

Whereas you have focused everything on the same club..........................irony in the extreme. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Couldnae make it up. 1eye.gif

As part of a thread condemning Hibs supporters (which I also did for those threatening Rangers players, fighting Rangers fans, stealing photographers equipment, and breaking the goalposts).

I think there is more common ground in our posts than you are making out but we disagree on Rangers response, the policing stewarding issue and whether it was a big problem that any Hibs fans were on the pitch.

As part of a thread condemning Hibs supporters (which I also did for those threatening Rangers players, fighting Rangers fans, stealing photographers equipment, and breaking the goalposts).

I think there is more common ground in our posts than you are making out but we disagree on Rangers response, the policing stewarding issue and whether it was a big problem that any Hibs fans were on the pitch.

Okly dokly, Rangers response has been, predictably, defensive, as every club would have been.

If you still really believe that any amount of police/stewards could have prevented the invasion by Hibs supporters you have not any realistic idea of what is involved in these situations and the number of fans involved.

Apart from that, we are in total agreement, and I, normally, love you. rolleyes.gif

Okly dokly, Rangers response has been, predictably, defensive, as every club would have been.

If you still really believe that any amount of police/stewards could have prevented the invasion by Hibs supporters you have not any realistic idea of what is involved in these situations and the number of fans involved.

Apart from that, we are in total agreement, and I, normally, love you. rolleyes.gif

Rangers said their fans did nothing wrong and only did what other clubs fans would have done and were only on the pitch to defend their players. Have yet to find one photo from Saturday of 1 Rangers fan defending 1 Rangers player.

Surely its blindingly obvious that when 2 teams' fans end up on the pitch fighting each other both clubs should condemn their fans for fighting. It's like Manchester all over again where Rangers fans were perfect and nothing would have happened riot wise had the TV screen not worked and English casuals hadn't dressed up as Rangers fans (none of whom were ever found or charged by the police).

Rangers said their fans did nothing wrong and only did what other clubs fans would have done and were only on the pitch to defend their players. Have yet to find one photo from Saturday of 1 Rangers fan defending 1 Rangers player.

Surely its blindingly obvious that when 2 teams' fans end up on the pitch fighting each other both clubs should condemn their fans for fighting. It's like Manchester all over again where Rangers fans were perfect and nothing would have happened riot wise had the TV screen not worked and English casuals hadn't dressed up as Rangers fans (none of whom were ever found or charged by the police).

FFS, have you been raped by Rangers supporters?

Can't you even admit it was Hibs supporters who were the instigators in this disaster?

I have already mentioned that there seems to be no statement from Hibs is a joke, yet you are drag up every previous incident by Rangers supporters as some sort of defence of the Hibs support.

I find it astounding that some of our support are blinded by the hatred of the OF, depending what "school" they attended, blind the opinion, even when it's fcuking obvious that it was Hibs fans who instigated this particular embarrassment for Scottish football?

This attitude makes me really glad I fcuked off from Paisley as it was thick with the stench of sectarianism from every set of supporters I encountered.

FFS, have you been raped by Rangers supporters?

Can't you even admit it was Hibs supporters who were the instigators in this disaster?

I have already mentioned that there seems to be no statement from Hibs is a joke, yet you are drag up every previous incident by Rangers supporters as some sort of defence of the Hibs support.

I find it astounding that some of our support are blinded by the hatred of the OF, depending what "school" they attended, blind the opinion, even when it's fcuking obvious that it was Hibs fans who instigated this particular embarrassment for Scottish football?

This attitude makes me really glad I fcuked off from Paisley as it was thick with the stench of sectarianism from every set of supporters I encountered.

I mentioned 1 previous incident by Rangers supporters rather than every previous incident. But now that you mention it, were there not European matches where Rangers fans threw bricks at the opposing team bus and Martin Bain blamed the host clubs for not being well organised to deal with the number of fans Rangers brought? No matter what Rangers fans get up to the club seem unable and unwilling to apologise for them or deal with them and have a long history or offloading the blame for their fans actions on to others and this includes Saturday where Rangers in an official statement have gone to preposterous lengths to avoid saying "some of our fans were out of order and deserve lifetime bans".

Hibs silence, while regrettable, is looking like a PR masterstroke in comparison with 2 official statements from Rangers.

Very happy to say Hibs fans "started" it on Saturday by running on to the pitch and Hibs fans were the ones doing most of the unsavoury stuff (I have said this in just about every post I've made).

I have no sectarian hatred of Rangers or Celtic but can't stand what both clubs have done to Scottish football over the past 30 years, and hope they get their wish and are allowed to enter the 5th tier of English football sooner rather than later!

I mentioned 1 previous incident by Rangers supporters rather than every previous incident. But now that you mention it, were there not European matches where Rangers fans threw bricks at the opposing team bus and Martin Bain blamed the host clubs for not being well organised to deal with the number of fans Rangers brought? No matter what Rangers fans get up to the club seem unable and unwilling to apologise for them or deal with them and have a long history or offloading the blame for their fans actions on to others and this includes Saturday where Rangers in an official statement have gone to preposterous lengths to avoid saying "some of our fans were out of order and deserve lifetime bans".

Hibs silence, while regrettable, is looking like a PR masterstroke in comparison with 2 official statements from Rangers.

Very happy to say Hibs fans "started" it on Saturday by running on to the pitch and Hibs fans were the ones doing most of the unsavoury stuff (I have said this in just about every post I've made).

I have no sectarian hatred of Rangers or Celtic but can't stand what both clubs have done to Scottish football over the past 30 years, and hope they get their wish and are allowed to enter the 5th tier of English football sooner rather than later!

I'm getting a headache with your inability to stick to your anti OF hatred.

If you care to read back your posts here you should be embarrassed to be associated with some of the normal biased bile that goes on in this forum.

I'm getting fed up pointing out the bleedin obvious and your, amongst other arseholes, attempts to deflect the main issues of last weekends disaster for Scottish football.

Frankly the blind sectarianism that has been shown, and utter stupidity, on this thread has confirmed my belief that our support are as fecking as mad as the OF, only we have less "supporters", masquerading as "decent" people on a Saturday.

Aye.

Edited by faraway saint

Perhaps rather than sectarianism being at play, possibly St Mirren fans have been generous towards Hibs because they were the underdogs beating one of the 'big two' and Rangers had begun to talk of spending money from their 'European run' on new players to challenge Celtic for the title, and many Scottish 'neutrals' were rooting for the underdog to win?

Hibs fans on the park were the cause. Rangers fans on the park were the effect. I don't understand how anyone - no matter their allegiance or generosity - can justify the behaviour of the Hibs support on Saturday. The SFA need to hammer them and to hammer them hard.

Prior to the last league match of the season Motherwell were warned that if their fans went on the park at the end of the match Motherwell would face hefty fines and possible points deductions. Motherwell put in place extra security and basically begged all of their supporters not to encroach on the pitch. Many of their fans claimed the SPFL were denying them their "tradition" - an interesting definition especially since this so called "tradition" is a very recent thing and it certainly doesn't happen every year as St Mirren fans who attended Fir Park in 2007 will know only too well. Back then the "tradition" was to boo from the stands whilst throwing scarfs and empty season ticket books onto the park. The SPFL were absolutely right. Fans should not be on the park.

On that same week Ayr United fans pitch invade after winning their play off final against Stranraer. The SPFL have been conspicuously quiet. One week later Hibs fans pitch invade, vandalising the Hampden turf, goals, goading opposition supporters, and assaulting opposition players. Rangers fans respond by pitch invading themselves and hooligans from both clubs are seen fighting, a child is snatched by a Rangers fan, a police horse is punched by a Rangers fan. The scenes are a national disgrace.....yet the SFA seem paralysed by the fear of punishing anyone choosing to instigate an investigation, delaying any prospect of punishment - presumably to a point where we've all forgotten about the severity of the incident and the SFA can get off with giving both clubs the most gentle of wrist slaps. And the day after that Kilmarnock fans pitch invade after winning their play off final against Falkirk. Kilmarnock fans are seen goading Falkirk fans in scenes reminiscent of the day before, fortunately Falkirk fans show more restraint yet again the SPFL are conspicuously quiet.

The football authorities in this country are once again acting with an unbalanced hand. Threats to Motherwell of fines and point deductions.....but no action against clubs that actually did pitch invade. What sort of message does that send out.

Once again I reiterate, Hibs and Rangers should be banned from next years Scottish Cup, and both clubs should be either given six figure fines, or forced to play a number of home matches behind closed doors next season. Hibs should be more severely penalised as their support instigated the problem. Ayr United and Kilmarnock should also face sanctions. Points deductions for next season seems too severe, but heavy fines or matches behind closed doors would be an appropriate enough penalty. Anything short of that just shows the SPFL and the SFA for the corrupt, ineffective and poorly led bodies they really are.