What An Absolute Shame For Decent Hibs Fans

shull

What should have been a truly memorable occasion, totally ruined by thick scum f**kwits from their own support.

We have our treasured memories from 1987 and 2013.

Tragic that the thousands of decent Hibernian fans have had their greatest moment tarnished.

Very very sad

Correct !

I watched this game with my youngest today and to be fair, it was a right decent game, we enjoyed it. Game with a great edge, could have gone either way.

It was fantastic to see HIbs score late , and sicken u know who.

Sadly, full time , madness ! I understand exuberance, relief , euphoria, but goading the opposition fans to a square go ? f**k off with that ned f**kwit mentality. Allegedly players and staff of the losing side were assaulted ?

Great game , good for HIbs, ruined by lowlife !

What's the problem? Really?

Hibs fans, not only "invade the pitch" they attack rangers players & officials, run directly towards the Rangers fans and you think it's ok? 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Trying to turn this into the fault of Rangers fans is, frankly, embarrassing. thumbdown.gif

Why would Rangers fans even be there?

It was The Rangers Vs Hibs!!!!!

Why do we pay so much to Police Scotland and Group 4 to police and steward games? Are police and stewards (in their hundreds) not there to stop a fight between rival fans.

I'm guessing that 90% of the Hibs fans on the pitch were there harmlessly and were celebrating an excellent win. The 10% who stole photographers equipment, broke the goalposts and went looking for a fight with Rangers fans deserve the book thrown at them.

Rangers statement is laughable... congratulating their fans on their good behaviour... I must have imagined the smoke bombs / flares, sectarian singing and defeated fans staying on after the final whistle to fight with Hibs fans... I do remember losing the League Cup final in 2010 and just wanting to get out the stadium as quickly and quietly as possible after seeing us get our runners up medals.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

I do remember losing the League Cup final in 2010 and just wanting to get out the stadium as quickly and quietly as possible after seeing us get our runners up medals.

When I force myself to think about that day the one thing I can't understand is why so many Rangers fans were out the stadium before me..........and before the cup was presented. It was like taunting us for losing meant more than winning.

Is there any evidence of Rangers players being attacked? Rangers fans occupied more than half of the stadium, it would be hard not to celebrate in front of them if you're on the pitch. IF turns out to be true that Rangers players were attacked, then I'll happily accept that I am wrong.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating on the pitch, particularly after winning your first trophy in 100+ years.

Does winning condone the vandalism of the pitch and goal? Edited by nedflanders123

Why do we pay so much to Police Scotland and Group 4 to police and steward games? Are police and stewards (in their hundreds) not there to stop a fight between rival fans.

I'm guessing that 90% of the Hibs fans on the pitch were there harmlessly and were celebrating an excellent win. The 10% who stole photographers equipment, broke the goalposts and went looking for a fight with Rangers fans deserve the book thrown at them.

Rangers statement is laughable... congratulating their fans on their good behaviour... I must have imagined the smoke bombs / flares, sectarian singing and defeated fans staying on after the final whistle to fight with Hibs fans... I do remember losing the League Cup final in 2010 and just wanting to get out the stadium as quickly and quietly as possible after seeing us get our runners up medals.

Staying to fight with Hibs fans, you know this was the reason? 1eye.gif

Couldn't it have been defeated fans wanting to see their team get their runners up medals, like you did? bye1.gif

You are aware Rangers never got their runners up medals presented due to the Hibs fans behaviour?

Edited by faraway saint

What's the problem? I know I'd be invading the pitch if we hadn't won the cup for 114 years. The only problem is when the Rangers fans join in absolutely seething from losing a last minute goal..

Is there any evidence of Rangers players being attacked? Rangers fans occupied more than half of the stadium, it would be hard not to celebrate in front of them if you're on the pitch. IF turns out to be true that Rangers players were attacked, then I'll happily accept that I am wrong.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating on the pitch, particularly after winning your first trophy in 100+ years.

Pitch invasions like Motherwell last year? Like the the play offs. Not saying its right but nothing wrong with celebrating.

Hibs fans on the pitch celebrating 114 years of failure put to bed

Rangers fans on the pitch because they are tanked up f**kwit poor losers that are looking for a fight.

Don't have a problem with Hibs fans invading the pitch, we've done it not too many years ago.

The fans who approached the Rangers fans, players and police should be banned. Totally unacceptable.

Flares, Sectarian singing, fighting.

Never mind that, we cant have fans celebrating on the pitch

All you do is post nonsense!

It's no different from this - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HGLrfSn4dvc

Good on them .

Were you a fan of the old club once ?

God help St Mirren Football Club, Gordon & Smisa if the above is representative of our Support.

What a horrible and disgusting mentality.

Decent Saints fans would be heartbroken and horrified if they missed out on our players doing a lap of honour with the Trophy in 1987 and 2013.

Absolute tragedy yesterday for respectable Hibernian fans.

Thankfully we didn't invae the pitch at Hampden.

Although Trumpets on here would revel in it.

Murray7 - FFS

God help St Mirren Football Club, Gordon & Smisa if the above is representative of our Support.

Decent Saints fans would be heartbroken and horrified if they missed out on our players doing a lap of honour with the Trophy in 1987 and 2013.

Murray7 - FFS

We got pumped 5-0 away to Inverness and invaded the pitch, that was a fantastic day :)

Murray7 - FFS

Absolutely agree. How the f**k anyone could ever defend those scenes yesterday is beyond me. 6 players attacked, goals damaged, the pitch damaged, Hibs fans goading Rangers fans, Rangers fans stupidly reacting, police horses being called into action, and one utter fanny of a Hibs fan punches a f**king horse and there's some on here defending those scenes, and blaming the police and stewards. Have a word with yourselves, FFS.

We need a strong response from the SFA. Exclusion from next year's competition for both clubs should be the starting point. Fans need to know you Do Not go on the f**king pitch.

We got pumped 5-0 away to Inverness and invaded the pitch, that was a fantastic day smile.png

I remember 10000 on pitch taunting the rest of the world.

Daft to compare that.

Fans are not allowed on the pitch.

Check previous Cup Finals apart from 1980.

You go on next match.

Let us know if you get a cheer.

Murray7 - FFS

Hardly a representative sample though is it ?1eye.gif

Although it has to be said , i think most on here might agree with Paisleysaints statement !! whistling.gif

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Plenty? Compared to the number of Hibs fans I'd hardly say plenty?

Of course a section of the Rangers support reacted but the root cause was the Hibs fans.

I'm sure the clubs will be fined but proportionally Hibs should get a much bigger slice of the fine.

Many of them stayed rightly in their seats watching wee fannies smacked oot their tits in front of them

There was no need for any fans on the pitch

Hibs will get fined more and rightly so but there was a sizeable amount of fans from the blue team who were looking for a scrap

Went on the pitch and did so

Absolutely agree. How the f**k anyone could ever defend those scenes yesterday is beyond me. 6 players attacked, goals damaged, the pitch damaged, Hibs fans goading Rangers fans, Rangers fans stupidly reacting, police horses being called into action, and one utter fanny of a Hibs fan punches a f**king horse and there's some on here defending those scenes, and blaming the police and stewards. Have a word with yourselves, FFS.

We need a strong response from the SFA. Exclusion from next year's competition for both clubs should be the starting point. Fans need to know you Do Not go on the f**king pitch.

For once i agree with everything you said

That could have easily turned into 1980 again

Hardly a representative sample though is it ?1eye.gif

Although it has to be said , i think most on here might agree with Paisleysaints statement !! whistling.gif

Probably not representative, thankfully.

Murray7 - FFS

You're 100% correct.

The Hibs fans have soured what should have been a truly memorable occasion. Unfortunately for them this final will now be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Shame on every last one of them that went onto the pitch.

It doesn't matter the punishment that's coming their way the damage is already done.