The New Awkward Squad

With it looking increasingly likely (IMO anyway) that SMiSA's bid will be successful and that they will become the new Establishment, who will form the new independent organisation?

Is it too early to start splinter groups?

Splinters hurt your fingers.

If a diddy club like dunfermline can get 800 folk to donate almost an average £28 per person for a 'player fund' how can we not get 1000 at £12 per month to own our great club?

They were fighting to survive, we are not in crisis if we were then there would be more urgency from our fans to back a survival bid.

If a diddy club like dunfermline can get 800 folk to donate almost an average £28 per person for a 'player fund' how can we not get 1000 at £12 per month to own our great club?

Just shows they're not as diddy as some think.

Sevco do the same. They have 15000 donating £10 a month for similar fund.

They were fighting to survive, we are not in crisis if we were then there would be more urgency from our fans to back a survival bid.

Just shows they're not as diddy as some think.

Sevco do the same. They have 15000 donating £10 a month for similar fund.

I understand both of these points. I am putting out there as people are always complaining about the current board not putting cash in. People are often complaining about how teams like Dunfermline can pay X for players. This is the reason.

This is our chance to be proactive in putting St Mirren into a stronger position.

I understand both of these points. I am putting out there as people are always complaining about the current board not putting cash in. People are often complaining about how teams like Dunfermline can pay X for players. This is the reason.

This is our chance to be proactive in putting St Mirren into a stronger position.

What makes you so sure............

1) We would be in a stronger position?

2) If the current board stay, we couldn't go on from last seasons progress?

3) If another party were successful that we wouldn't be in a stronger position?

Overall, with a few reservations, I'm for the buy out but I feel very uneasy with unsubstantiated statements.

PS I'm also unconvinced that IF the SMISA bid is successful we will, magically, become super successful as the only place it really matters is ON the pitch.

Edited by faraway saint

Overall, with a few reservations, I'm for the buy out but I feel very uneasy with unsubstantiated statements.

PS I'm also unconvinced that IF the SMISA bid is successful we will, magically, become super successful as the only place it really matters is ON the pitch.

1) it was in response to the statement that Dunfermline fans are paying money because they are in their hour of need but we aren't. Therefore we are in a stronger position than them.

2) nothing. I do think the current board have the club's best interests in heart and I hope that our current managerial team is a good one. Ive never been a 'gtf Gilmour' type but they want to sell.

3) again nothing. But of the '42' bids put forward in the last 6 years the current board believe this to be the only one that they will accept if we can show that 1000 fans are prepared to sign up and support it. I trust the current board.

Re your Ps, sadly success is never guaranteed on the pitch.

1) it was in response to the statement that Dunfermline fans are paying money because they are in their hour of need but we aren't. Therefore we are in a stronger position than them.

2) nothing. I do think the current board have the club's best interests in heart and I hope that our current managerial team is a good one. Ive never been a 'gtf Gilmour' type but they want to sell.

3) again nothing. But of the '42' bids put forward in the last 6 years the current board believe this to be the only one that they will accept if we can show that 1000 fans are prepared to sign up and support it. I trust the current board.

Re your Ps, sadly success is never guaranteed on the pitch.

Thanks, your honesty is very refreshing.

No bullshit, no emotional nonsense, you will be banned from answering any more points. wink.png

On your second question faraway what "progress " did the club make last season ?

When Rae took over.

In case you haven't noticed there's a definite "upbeat" feeling about the coming season, irrespective of any possible takeover bids.

Of course Rae has done an excellent job and I agree there is an excitement about next season but could the whole of last season be regarded as "progress" ? I personally don't think so ...