Alex Rae Latest Signings Update

The shopping list seems fair enough although there should perhaps be another midfielder on it - we only have three central mids at the moment and Gallagher is the only right winger. Not sure where McLear and McAllister slot into that right enough.

McAllister, from some youtube footage I saw of Scottish youth performances, is perfectly acceptable playing LM. I'm sure Alex knows he has him and Morgan there, but obviously wants an experienced left sided player. Can't say I've noticed very many in the Scottish game recently, but Alex will have his feelers out.

From the wording in the article, it almost implies that the reserve keeper is the one we had agreed with in principle. I had heard we were in talks with Aberdeen over one of our players and one of theirs, but then again you don't half hear some amount of pish down the KGV on a Saturday morning.

Would like to see more of Lewis Morgan next season, he had a good game in the first home game of the season against Dumbarton and never really got a look in after that, even when Alex came in he signed Cooper, in my opinion I'd rather have seen Morgan given a run of 10-15 games in the team to try and gel him in for the new season.

Lm

Transfer rumour from a guy with one post. Seems legit.

Would like to see more of Lewis Morgan next season, he had a good game in the first home game of the season against Dumbarton and never really got a look in after that, even when Alex came in he signed Cooper, in my opinion I'd rather have seen Morgan given a run of 10-15 games in the team to try and gel him in for the new season.

I think he was injured for a large chunk of the time Rae was in charge.

AR, interesting and passionate as ever, was talking about signings on sportsound yesterday lunchtime.

Said it was tough-going this pre-season with there being fewer players available than there normally is. Mentioned Peter Houston saying Falkirk were bringing in only a couple. Clubs seem to be retaining more for some reason.

He specifically mentioned needing strikers and said he'd use loanees again. Had had many calls from agents down south offering guys but he'd only take a "punt" on one of them as "lastminute.com".

Edited by Julian Banjos