Top Gear Returns

shull

It was f**king shite

This is what happens when you allow Guardianista style cocksockets to run things.

wankers

You reckon we should allow Tory paedophiles to run it instead?

Is that your preferred option?

I despair at the thought process of some people. thumbdown.gif

First post, something not right with this lunatic. 1eye.gif

Second post, hard to see where this came from. bye1.gif

I despair at the thought process of some people. thumbdown.gif

First post, something not right with this lunatic. 1eye.gif

Second post, hard to see where this came from. bye1.gif

The second one's from Reynard's profile pic, faraway.

Just watched it on catch up. Heres my expert opinion....... It was Awright.

Couple of things .

Chris Evans has to stop shouting, its not TFI.

Sabine Schmitz is a helluva driver.

Matt le Blanc was OK, obviously not quite used to the talk to camera autocue stuff .

Liked the new Star in the car feature

Not anywhere near as bad as i had feared, thought they would have changed the format a bit more. Will be interesting to see what the old crew come up with.

Apart from CE shouting it was ok.

It was always going to be similar but different, you don't change a winning formula.

Thought the Ramsey section was crass, as in !" I can afford a La Ferrari- by swearing at americans"

I was a huge TG fan, and whilst I loved so many episodes of the original it was getting a bit stayed .....

So Chris talk don't shout, keep up the roadtrips, and I think it will be a natural step up.....

Top Gear was getting stale at the end anyway and started to look too scripted.

Chris Evans needs to wind it in, but the Clarkson reboot of Top Gear in 2002 had one series where they thought of firing Hammond and let go Jason Dawe.

If it is tweaked and settles down to a few million viewers BBC can say it was job done.

To qualify my opinion. I never liked Top Gear in it's previous guise and always thought Clarkson was a cock of the highest order. Full of his own self importance and actually believed he was more than a joke figure.

Not being a car enthusiast, (I think of them as a means of transportation and no more), I didn't follow it for the content either.

To me it's akin to the other reality shows which rely on playing the lowest common denominator card. Evans is in the same mould as Clarkson and I've never seen the fascination for either.

To qualify my opinion. I never liked Top Gear in it's previous guise and always thought Clarkson was a cock of the highest order. Full of his own self importance and actually believed he was more than a joke figure.

Not being a car enthusiast, (I think of them as a means of transportation and no more), I didn't follow it for the content either.

To me it's akin to the other reality shows which rely on playing the lowest common denominator card. Evans is in the same mould as Clarkson and I've never seen the fascination for either.

This is like me commenting on the Middle Ages- As you don't watch it- whats your point..... 350 million did watch it but hey what did they know.

If JC is a cock Fk knows what you are lol

Edited by DougJamie

This is like me commenting on the Middle Ages- As you don't watch it- whats your point..... 350 million did watch it but hey what did they know.

If JC is a cock Fk knows what you are lol

Because I don't watch it doesn't mean I didn't try to see what the fuss was about. As for your opinion of me? Firstly, it doesn't trouble me what you think and, secondly, I wasn't paid from the public purse to abuse people because I have an overinflated ego.

Why don't you tell us something that you like rather than pish over everything else?

This "lowest common denominator" line smacks of "I'm better than you" so do us a favour, lighten up or feck off and leave the happy people to wallow in the mud that is television.

Thought it was excellent tonight. After the first show, which was pretty much an Evans / LeBlanc duo, tonight they had effectively six presenters in the African segment featuring Eddie Jordan, Sharleen Spiteri, Tinie Tempah and Seasick Steve joining for an entertaining and brilliantly filmed off-road challenge film. This gave lots of scope for Eddie Jordan being made the fall-guy and he played the role well. Really enjoyed it tonight.

Thought it was excellent tonight. After the first show, which was pretty much an Evans / LeBlanc duo, tonight they had effectively six presenters in the African segment featuring Eddie Jordan, Sharleen Spiteri, Tinie Tempah and Seasick Steve joining for an entertaining and brilliantly filmed off-road challenge film. This gave lots of scope for Eddie Jordan being made the fall-guy and he played the role well. Really enjoyed it tonight.

Will watch later on the iplayer but tbh i dont know what the moaning about.

Week 1 was good fun.

Same here

I've enjoyed the first two episodes and think the various presenters work well together. Can't imagine why the previous poster who doesn't like cars bothered contributing. The previous presenters took a good while to reach their peak so hopefully the current mob will continue to improve and be accepted.

I think the dark horses among the presenters will be Chris Harris who has some great stuff on YouTube and can really drive, and Sabine Schmitz who can really really driveicon12.gif

I've enjoyed the first two episodes and think the various presenters work well together. Can't imagine why the previous poster who doesn't like cars bothered contributing. The previous presenters took a good while to reach their peak so hopefully the current mob will continue to improve and be accepted.

I think the dark horses among the presenters will be Chris Harris who has some great stuff on YouTube and can really drive, and Sabine Schmitz who can really really driveicon12.gif

Aye, makes you wonder. clap.gif

• 3 weeks later...