Recommend Airport Parking

Usually we just taxi it, but looking to get some secure Airport parking this time for two weeks and wondering who, what is the best company to use for this park and shuttle bus arrangement to and from the Airport.

Well street or nearby has some place, or down in Westmarch area, maybe some other Airport parking set up that anyone has experience of and would recommend or decry in equal measure. Any suggestions welcome.

ta

Edited by Seaside Nipper

Usually we just taxi it, but looking to get some secure Airport parking this time for two weeks and wondering who, what is the best company to use for this park and shuttle bus arrangement to and from the Airport.

Well street or nearby has some place, or down in Westmarch area, maybe some other Airport parking set up that anyone has experience of and would recommend or decry in equal measure. Any suggestions welcome.

ta

You could try St Mirren Parking!!!!

I have used several but found Flying Scot at the bottom of Well Street to be cheapest and very efficient.

Just returned home this very early morning and used Flying Scot.

Certainly the cheapest we could find (using comparison site), and no problems with service.

They park your car and then leave it next to the office for collection on return. Saves having to drag cases about a big car park in the early hours having just got off a plane.

Aye, I'd recommend them no problem.

Edited by Drew

On the subject of airport (can't be bothered starting another thread) I've been using Prestwick quite regularly recently, mainly as we prefer early departure times, arriving in our resort before midday which means our departure times are around midday, no "lost day" hanging around waiting to go to the airport and getting into Scotland at stupid o-clock in the morning.

Prestwick, despite some doom merchants predicting it's demise, is actually growing in destinations and number of flight.

The summer months now has 16 destinations, giving an alternative to Paisley/Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Prestwick, while smaller, gives, I find, a pleasant experience and pretty seamless going through the various steps to boarding.

Ryan Air, which still gets a poor rep, does consistent what I expect, take off and land pretty much when its supposed too.

Never been more than 15-20 mins late over the last few years. ????

Guest TPAFKATS

I've always found Ryanair and to a lesser extent easyjet, add 15-20 mins to each flight which helps with claims of how many flights arrive on time.

I've always found Ryanair and to a lesser extent easyjet, add 15-20 mins to each flight which helps with claims of how many flights arrive on time.

Spot on, but fair play to them, it means I get to a meeting in London next week for £125 versus £235 that I'd pay for flying BA. Don't say I don't look after the taxpayers' money.

:)

You've just been lucky that they haven't cancelled your flight and you have to wait 3 or 4 days for the next flight. Happened to a group of my mates a couple of months ago.

On the other hand they were unlucky.

As I've said, used them many times in the last 3-4 years and consistently leave/arrive on schedule.

PS You don't have a group of mates. ????

Edited by faraway saint

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of airport (can't be bothered starting another thread) I've been using Prestwick quite regularly recently, mainly as we prefer early departure times, arriving in our resort before midday which means our departure times are around midday, no "lost day" hanging around waiting to go to the airport and getting into Scotland at stupid o-clock in the morning.

Prestwick, despite some doom merchants predicting it's demise, is actually growing in destinations and number of flight.

The summer months now has 16 destinations, giving an alternative to Paisley/Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Prestwick, while smaller, gives, I find, a pleasant experience and pretty seamless going through the various steps to boarding.

Ryan Air, which still gets a poor rep, does consistent what I expect, take off and land pretty much when its supposed too.

Never been more than 15-20 mins late over the last few years.

I much prefer Prestwick for obvious reasons and can park at friends flat 10 minutes walk from there. When flying from Glasgow I park at my maws off Arkleston Rd and get a taxi. Which is OK going but on the way back when I say where to they are total torn faced basturts....every single time!!!!!!!!!!!

When flying from Glasgow I park at my maws off Arkleston Rd and get a taxi. Which is OK going but on the way back when I say where to they are total torn faced basturts....every single time!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't use the Hacks then.

Phone a Private Hire for Car Park 2.If you don't want to pay the £2 car park charge then phone it for the Holiday Inn or HI Express.

Don't use the Hacks then.

Phone a Private Hire for Car Park 2.If you don't want to pay the £2 car park charge then phone it for the Holiday Inn or HI Express.

Agree. When I stayed in Houston we always phoned Gryffe Radio Cabs (now Renfrewshire Cabs?) while we waited at the baggage carousel, then just crossed the road and got the cab. Fcuk using those greetin' faced airport white taxi bawbags.