Down Down Deeper And Down

Where exactly is our national game going?

I wonder if my generation in the 70s.80s and 90s just got as Good as it Gets.

We will watch Wales NI and ROI all try at the Euros whilst we give shooting practice to the French and Italians.

Why do our Think tanks stop at suggestions

Why do we still charge ridiculous monies for sub standard dross.

£10 Would cover the worth and fill out stadiums more!!!]

Why do clubs happily have stadia that in most cases is about 30/50% full.

Only exception I can think of is Hearts.

Where do Reegan and Doncaster plan in taking us, we still tackle Europe during our summer break?

And now with Sevco back ripping everyone off there is NO chance of league construction.

Where is the overhaul? And why again do we only have one team guaranteed promotion?

Woman's football is leading the way in the country

Edited by DougJamie

Scotland play one game when players think they are on holiday to play a make up numbers friendly in Malta. We lose and play shite. Surprise Surprise Scottish toilet paper rags say we are in total melt down a catastrophic mess. Mean time a child is killed by his guardians which would suggest the real crisis is with Fife social work department

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Scotland play one game when players think they are on holiday to play a make up numbers friendly in Malta. We lose and play shite. Surprise Surprise Scottish toilet paper rags say we are in total melt down a catastrophic mess. Mean time a child is killed by his guardians which would suggest the real crisis is with Fife social work department

FFS-

See trying to talk football on this forum- Bunch of Jessies.

I will talk about the X Factor come Xmas make all u tossers happy

What a strange post.

FFS-

See trying to talk football on this forum- Bunch of Jessies.

I will talk about the X Factor come Xmas make all u tossers happy

Crowds are up in general. What part of the game would you suggest is in crisis out with anything In the past decade. TV money yes what else. Tabloid drama queens making a noise out of nothing, end of season boredom everything will be wonderful when the European championship starts also when the old firm confirmed fixtures come out Tabloids will have something else to write about. Want to bet on it. We here the same rap every season. It's Scottish football.

What a strange post.

Yes it's that strange that nothing is more important than Scottish football is in crisis the same crisis it is in every season. Moth well dropped their prices did their gates go up. No, the Scotland game was a friendly at the end of the season when players need a rest or in other words they are not really interested. Maybe it's just me but we here the same thing season after season. Nothing is done by those who could change things for the better but don't that's the bottom line.

Crowds are up in general. What part of the game would you suggest is in crisis out with anything In the past decade. TV money yes what else. Tabloid drama queens making a noise out of nothing, end of season boredom everything will be wonderful when the European championship starts also when the old firm confirmed fixtures come out Tabloids will have something else to write about. Want to bet on it. We here the same rap every season. It's Scottish football.

In many ways you are absolutely right. Rangers climb through the lower leagues has fixed the debt problems of many of our lower league clubs. Average gates are static rather than climbing, and they've been distorted quite a bit by the fact that the likes of Celtic continue to count season ticket holders who don't attend matches in their figures, however I think everyone would accept that the average figures are above where they were in the early 80's. And with Rangers now being back in the top flight I would expect crowd figures to improve somewhat next season too.

But where you are wrong is despite all that good news the standard of football has fallen off a cliff in Scotland. Compare the strength and depth of the national side in the late 70's and early 80's to where it is today. Players who shine like a beacon in our top domestic league struggle to get matches for League One clubs. Look at Marley Watkins as the classic example of recent weeks. At Dundee they've just signed a player from the Hoofdklass B league in the Netherlands. For those not familiar with the league system, it's the fourth tier of their game where more of the clubs and players are amateur. Now this lad was the top goalscorer in that league, but you really have to wonder what state our youth development leagues must be in when Paul Hartley having seen what is around his own clubs youth set up has resorted to watching Dutch pub league football on You Tube to find talent.

Our domestic league clubs are full of stories like that. Foreign players who couldn't get a club in their own senior leagues hiring an agent who sends DVD's to club managers in Scotland, where the manager gets so excited over these edited highlights, they'll not only pay more than that player could conceivably earn anywhere else, and pay for the players accommodation.

This pish elite youth development in Scotland has been the source of many of the biggest ills on our game. And despite it being a national strategy put in place by that expensive shyster Mark Wotte, the SFA shouldn't have to take all the blame. Most of it should fall squarely in the boardrooms of our football clubs where often no-one is prepared to challenge their youth development officer for their poor performance in producing players, because clubs fear losing their grants and bonus from the SFA every year.

The game needs a rapid overhaul....and that starts with clubs taking personal responsibility for the shite they recruit.

£10 would see the end ya walloper.

You have no idea about the cost of running a football club.

FFS!

Well that would be the clubs fault then - wouldn't it?

Lets say Tesco's customers repeatedly claimed it felt like they were being overcharged for a sub standard quality product - would you have much sympathy for Tesco if their response was to say they know the product is shite but the customers should continue to pay their rip off prices because if they don't stores would have to close?

Well that would be the clubs fault then - wouldn't it?

Lets say Tesco's customers repeatedly claimed it felt like they were being overcharged for a sub standard quality product - would you have much sympathy for Tesco if their response was to say they know the product is shite but the customers should continue to pay their rip off prices because if they don't stores would have to close?

over all Tesco prices are on par with most super markets I dont see why you've singling out Tesco or even their customers. .

In many ways you are absolutely right. Rangers climb through the lower leagues has fixed the debt problems of many of our lower league clubs. Average gates are static rather than climbing, and they've been distorted quite a bit by the fact that the likes of Celtic continue to count season ticket holders who don't attend matches in their figures, however I think everyone would accept that the average figures are above where they were in the early 80's. And with Rangers now being back in the top flight I would expect crowd figures to improve somewhat next season too.

But where you are wrong is despite all that good news the standard of football has fallen off a cliff in Scotland. Compare the strength and depth of the national side in the late 70's and early 80's to where it is today. Players who shine like a beacon in our top domestic league struggle to get matches for League One clubs. Look at Marley Watkins as the classic example of recent weeks. At Dundee they've just signed a player from the Hoofdklass B league in the Netherlands. For those not familiar with the league system, it's the fourth tier of their game where more of the clubs and players are amateur. Now this lad was the top goalscorer in that league, but you really have to wonder what state our youth development leagues must be in when Paul Hartley having seen what is around his own clubs youth set up has resorted to watching Dutch pub league football on You Tube to find talent.

Our domestic league clubs are full of stories like that. Foreign players who couldn't get a club in their own senior leagues hiring an agent who sends DVD's to club managers in Scotland, where the manager gets so excited over these edited highlights, they'll not only pay more than that player could conceivably earn anywhere else, and pay for the players accommodation.

This pish elite youth development in Scotland has been the source of many of the biggest ills on our game. And despite it being a national strategy put in place by that expensive shyster Mark Wotte, the SFA shouldn't have to take all the blame. Most of it should fall squarely in the boardrooms of our football clubs where often no-one is prepared to challenge their youth development officer for their poor performance in producing players, because clubs fear losing their grants and bonus from the SFA every year.

The game needs a rapid overhaul....and that starts with clubs taking personal responsibility for the shite they recruit.

More whining but no answers in your post.

Clearly the problem is the quality of coaching over the last 30 years and the desire of our own players to be the very best.

Nothing to do with Wotte FFS. You said yourself this is a long term problem.

Most euro countries have entire squads who are technically more proficient than our players.

Stop worrying about nonsense and focus on the root of the problem.

FFS!

Listen to you lol.

What business have you ever been in charge of?

A business which sells at too high a price wont be a business for long.

Maybe you should stick to topics you know something about like............shull help I cant think of anything.

Listen to you lol.

What business have you ever been in charge of?

A business which sells at too high a price wont be a business for long.

Maybe you should stick to topics you know something about like............shull help I cant think of anything.

^^^^^ Knows nothing about football.

Do you really think halving the cost to attend would see an increase in revenue?

If so you are more stupid than I thought.

I've run a few businesses, thanks for asking. ????

FFS!

What and you do!!!

Do want me to name 10 Scottish Clubs who went to brink and some who fell over, or are you intelligent enough to work that out.

Guess your not- Clubs need income, and with the SFA being such a weak brand the only true way they can is bums on seats.

More people who watch then get hooked.

Called basics economics

Where is faraway- Mars??

^^^^^ Knows nothing about football.

Do you really think halving the cost to attend would see an increase in revenue?

If so you are more stupid than I thought.

I've run a few businesses, thanks for asking.

So did Craig White- Whats your point??

More whining but no answers in your post.

Clearly the problem is the quality of coaching over the last 30 years and the desire of our own players to be the very best.

Nothing to do with Wotte FFS. You said yourself this is a long term problem.

Most euro countries have entire squads who are technically more proficient than our players.

Stop worrying about nonsense and focus on the root of the problem.

Yes Qak that's why I raised the point so we can discuss answers, its totally clear that the SFA have none, and whilst the lower clubs have the Rangers money in the bank they keep quiet.

And my point on the national team is valid. Two recent Saints players are now squad players, and lets be honest they probably are the brighter sparks in the team.

NI also have SPFL players but somehow they seem to be on a total roll. The answers have been given they are just not followed.

Where is the development- Where are the facilities, What is happening to our youth players, why do the SFA rip off the fans, and where are they with the so called Think Tanks, McLeish report.

As for the teams in Scotland.

Well I bet there are teams from the Faroes, Liechtenstein and the rest that are hoping for a Scots team.

Why- cause its our summer break and not theirs. Why do we still have this. We are 27th in Europe, the world ranking of 40th is farcical as the whole world ranking is. As demonstrated in Georgia who are 140th, they are just as good.

We will not qualify for 2018, we have no players of any real talent coming thru and Strachan sticks with same mupetts who don't deliver. Hutton has been a car crash for years, as has Fletcher, I could name about 8 others, and guess what they are all playing against France.

aNSWER= Play youth, we might go back to start but have a plan. Iceland, Belgium and Wales have all had to go thru the pain, but its now working.

The Dutch are going to totally overhaul their game, I bet they do.

First plan- Get new people running our game

Edited by DougJamie

What and you do!!!

Do want me to name 10 Scottish Clubs who went to brink and some who fell over, or are you intelligent enough to work that out.

Guess your not- Clubs need income, and with the SFA being such a weak brand the only true way they can is bums on seats.

More people who watch then get hooked.

Called basics economics

Where is faraway- Mars??

Tell ye what, show me your list of clubs who have cut admission costs by half and have doubled their attendance.

You've proved you're a roaster on other threads, this is another on the list. ????

Tell ye what, show me your list of clubs who have cut admission costs by half and have doubled their attendance.

You've proved you're a roaster on other threads, this is another on the list.

You obviously don't read the pish you spout then lol. Take it from me . best keep it that way. Just push the buttons the brain will engage at some point.