Down Down Deeper And Down

In the early 70's before Fergie we pulled in sub 1000 gates. Why? Cause the team was shite, we finished 27th in Scotland in 1974. When Ferguson came and we got good the crowds came back. Just like they did under Hendrie in 99/00.

That's the main driving factor behind crowd numbers. If we win the league next season we will get 5k home gates during the run in and an open top bus through Paisley. Then the crowds will go down again when we get back to the turgidity of bottom half top flight football.

People talking about the interminable decline of Scottish is nothing new. I remember seeing an article from 1968 when Celtic got knocked out of Europe the year after they won it. It basically said then that Scottish football was dying. It's the same sensationalist school of thought that says 50 odd years later it's still dying, as will also say it will be dying fifty years from now.

The reality is Scottish football is plodding along just fine. And will continue to do so. But where's the fun in saying something like that?

And where's the truth in saying something like that?

Attendances may have been ok but that is despite the dramatic drop-off in the quality of football we are being asked to watch.

Burying our head in the sand is one of the things we are comparatively good at!

Attendances in Scotland are higher now than they were in the late 60s and early 80s when Scotland were ranked in the top 3 in the UEFA rankings.

That is despite much lower ground capacities, higher prices, live TV and huge Old Firm travelling supports.

Attendances are not a problem.

We have no chance at club football anymore. The big clubs don't just attract the best players in their own country. They attract the best players in the world.

Bosman means you can't keep a team together. The disparity in wages means you have no hope.

The days of clubs like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd building great sides are gone.

Scotland used to punch above it's weight. We are now where we should be!

Attendances in Scotland are higher now than they were in the late 60s and early 80s when Scotland were ranked in the top 3 in the UEFA rankings.

That is despite much lower ground capacities, higher prices, live TV and huge Old Firm travelling supports.

Attendances are not a problem.

We have no chance at club football anymore. The big clubs don't just attract the best players in their own country. They attract the best players in the world.

Bosman means you can't keep a team together. The disparity in wages means you have no hope.

The days of clubs like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd building great sides are gone.

Scotland used to punch above it's weight. We are now where we should be!

I'm sorry we should be above Wales and Norn Iron

We should be producing a better standard of player

You right about attendances and club sides but we should have better players for the National Team

^^^^^ Knows nothing about football.

Do you really think halving the cost to attend would see an increase in revenue?

If so you are more stupid than I thought.

I've run a few businesses, thanks for asking.

lol.gif

Aye, and they've all failed which is why you now clean the lavvies in Pizza Hut.

P.S. Chop, chop! That "Bobbed Otter" won't flush itself! lol.gif

Edited by iTony

I'm sorry we should be above Wales and Norn Iron

We should be producing a better standard of player

You right about attendances and club sides but we should have better players for the National Team

There are many countries who will look at Wales and Northern Ireland and think they should be ahead of them.

These countries, particularly N Ireland, are themselves punching above their weight.

And what really separates Wales from Scotland is one world class player.

If Gareth Bale was Scottish, we would be going to the Euros and they wouldn't.

But you are right, the standard of player in Scotland is poor.

Partly because the Scottish culture in Scotland is one of laziness.

This country is full of fat lazy people.

Edited by nosferatu

There are many countries who will look at Wales and Northern Ireland and think they should be ahead of them.

These countries, particularly N Ireland, are themselves punching above their weight.

And what really separates Wales from Scotland is one world class player.

If Gareth Bale was Scottish, we would be going to the Euros and they wouldn't.

But you are right, the standard of player in Scotland is poor.

Partly because the Scottish culture in Scotland is one of laziness.

This country is full of fat lazy people.

Correct fatty. ????

The post was actually not aimed at the dross we have as a national team, and a manager who keeps picking the same dross. It was the bigger picture. The SFA have the Biggots Firm back so they don't give a fk

Who thinks that we will finish 2nd in our Group? Personally I think we will finish above Malta

Edited by DougJamie

The post was actually not aimed at the dross we have as a national team, and a manager who keeps picking the same dross. It was the bigger picture. The SFA have the Biggots Firm back so they don't give a fk

Who thinks that we will finish 2nd in our Group? Personally I think we will finish above Malta

Remind us, who's in our group?

We are what we are get over it , go get yourself a beer mate. As much as I like to see Scotland do well St mirren mean more. As for the SFA and old firm all other clubs are nodding dogs.

No, just showing you up for lying again. No one makes mistakes about their own children's age.

ETA, I did take it you noticed you wrote about only ever taking one son. Mmmmm the other one wasn't born then.

Keep digging.

You're a bit creepy aren't you? I'm surprised with all this detective work that you don't know both their names by now :rolleyes:

I don't know how proving you a liar makes me creepy.

As you attempt to deflect that you tried to use your own son in your lies.

There's a stone waiting on you somewhere, go crawl under.

Ayers rock?

That might just be big enough.

Edited by FTOF

I don't know how proving you a liar makes me creepy.

As you attempt to deflect that you tried to use your own son in your lies.

There's a stone waiting on you somewhere, go crawl under.

You haven't proved me a liar at all. As I've said all you've managed to do is prove that I referred to the wrong son. If you go back over the "evidence" you've discovered you'll see the ages tie in perfectly. :rolleyes:

We do need to discuss your creepy behaviour further though. See first you threaten to come to a juvenile football match that I'm at bringing a video camera - which is a bit odd in itself. Then having made the arrangements and agreed a time for you to meet me at the juvenile match you fail to show claiming that someone told you it would be bad for your career to meet me. Since you were outed as a coward back then you've trolled me pretty much relentlessly on this forum - not that it's bothered me much, particularly since I put you on ignore. However it seems that since that point you're behaviour has got even more extreme where now you are digging up posts from three years ago to try to uncover details about my two sons.

I'm struggling to make up my mind if you're just really obsessed with me, or if there is something more sinister going on. The development that you are researching my kids certainly seems like abnormal behaviour and it's left me wondering if perhaps filming children is your kind of thing.

What did you say your real identity was again? I can't be bothered searching for it on the forum although I know you've posted your real name before. It might be handy to know just so I can pass it to the relevant authorities just so they can check and be sure there's no risk to my kids. :rolleyes: