Ben Gordon

I thought that someone had looked into our outgoings and incomings over a lengthy 'Stickroth-Victor-Archibald-Wishart-Torfason' period in our history and deduced that the money we brought in (in transfer fees) actually exceeded the fees we paid. Pretty sure it was relatively recently on here somewhere. If we nearly went out of business surely then it couldn't have been down to a handsome big German George Michael and an Icelandic cult hero.

I thought building that big stand at the away end was a bit of a milestone around our neck

Barr wanting his money each month

Graeme Sinclair didn't get a huge signing-on fee as we got him on a free in 1985 and he played in the pre-season tournament in the Isle of Man, on rock hard pitches hat ruined quite a few careers, his included. The Consultant told him if he tried to keep on playing he would end up in a wheelchair.

He got a good enough signing on few to buy a shop.

Back on topic, the feedback on Ben Gordon has been fantastic from the Alloa & Livi fans so that fills me with hope!

Haven't seen a single negative comment about him. That never happens!

He got a good enough signing on few to buy a shop.

He's an accountant - he had several income sources over and above his football earnings from the Green Bigots. Having been with us as a lad before heading for Dumbarton he was quite pally with a few of the players who had a wee sideline in in buying flats, doing them up and selling them on. He did the books I believe and Tony Fitz, Alex Beckett and Frank McGarvey were all involved.

Yes, Fitzpatrick's signings were covered by sales. But his signings were still (mainly) a complete waste. Gordon Smith was behind it.

We really went into debt with the arrival of Davie Hay.

His signings weren't covered by sales.

We then got relegated and then built the Caley Stand.

Hay's signings, relegation and the Caley Stand is what nearly brought the club to its knees.

Very happy with this signing.

30 is probably prime age for a centre half.

Sounds like he's happy to put his main career on hold for a few years to go full-time, which I think says he's going to be completely committed to making a success of it.

Can't believe we've made so many decent signings and it's only 3rd June!

Well at least he has experience at this level. Another "solid", uninspiring season. I reckon Rae has found Wee Gus's "How to win the First Division" unpublished manuscript.

You say that like its a bad thing...?

I thought that the signings of Charlie Adam and John Sutton were very inspiring.

nah I'm with Kemp, winning the championship next season would be shite. :wacko::wacko:

nah I'm with Kemp, winning the championship next season would be shite. wacko.png:wacko:

I'll take winning the league however it is done, but it would be nice if we could do it while playing attractive & attacking football.