John Sutton Returns

Firstly. Thompson played at a higher level for all of his career, (I dispute that Saintees or 'Well were that much higher).

Secondly. My gripe isn't only that I feel he's done. It's also that we have already signed a "top league", slowish striker so one of them will be a luxury and a well paid one at that.

Thanks for not answering my question. ????

Thanks for not answering my question.

Just because you asked a question doesn't mean I pinned my argument to the answer. Your question was a reply in itself which wasn't where my point was directing therefore it was totally irrelevant. Much like most of your posts

I just cant seem to remember the middle of this song

There's only 1 john Sutton

He scores the goals out of nothing

...... ........ ...... ........

Walking in a Sutton wonderland

He takes the piss and he's better than Chris.

;)

ETA Prolly need to update that line. When the original was sung Chris was leading the line for Celtic, now he's retired and a pundit. Not much of a boast to say he's better than him now!

Edited by TopCat

I am probably wrong, but doesn't the transfer window officially open tomorrow in Scotland?

Therefore, as Sutton is under contract, maybe the signing can't be completed until tomorrow?

Clarkson was different because he was going to be out of contract and so signed a pre contract?

As I said, probably nothing to do with that.

I am probably wrong, but doesn't the transfer window officially open tomorrow in Scotland?

Therefore, as Sutton is under contract, maybe the signing can't be completed until tomorrow?

Clarkson was different because he was going to be out of contract and so signed a pre contract?

As I said, probably nothing to do with that.

Some post for a lot of "probablys" ????

Local rag in Ayrshire has McCall quoted as saying he is speaking to John Sutton about a move to Ayr ! Given that went to print only yesterday and they let their top earner go to Dumbarton today (albeit he was free to do so) I hope we are not going to be "Harted" here.

Div is as reliable as they come , however I was surprised to hear how much money the Ayr owner has.

As with any signing, can't really believe it till you see him posing with the strip.

There's obviously some stumbling block holding this up. Perhaps he's verbally agreed to come here but still has to agree a deal to leave St J?

As with any signing, can't really believe it till you see him posing with the strip.

There's obviously some stumbling block holding this up. Perhaps he's verbally agreed to come here but still has to agree a deal to leave St J?

Perhaps Div is talking shite.

He has form fir starting 'deal done' threads :P

Can only imagine if he'd done one on the Falklands :D

Let's face it, we know the world has gone to f**k when we are almost resigned to the concept of Ayr United - yes, that is AYR UNITED - nicking a player from under our noses.

If evidence were needed that we are operating in a very different world from even a few short years ago, this is it.

Let's face it, we know the world has gone to f**k when we are almost resigned to the concept of Ayr United - yes, that is AYR UNITED - nicking a player from under our noses.

If evidence were needed that we are operating in a very different world from even a few short years ago, this is it.

And, if that happened, then perhaps meltdowns would take place.

Sutton will be wearing our black and white next season.

Welcome back.

Really can't see John Sutton going part time and playing for that pish.

Pretty sure he still has some ambition left in him. He's more likely to win something with us than them regardless of money.

If this goes through its an incredible bit of business but the club. The lad has scored goals wherever he's been. Can't believe there's people doubting his ability. The only thing that shocks me more is that there isn't a bottom 6 premiership club sniffing about him.

Just for clarity, I am not wringing my hands at the thought of Sutton signing for Ayr. I don't think it will happen, but the very fact that there is clearly more than a ripple of anxiety in here at the slightest potential is quite remarkable in itself.