John Sutton Returns

I'm in this gang. Give him until the end of this week at the very latest, then focus our sights on Stewart Kean and Billy Mehmet!

Sutton would be a decent signing, but with each passing day I become more disinterested. I'd still rather have Shankland back if there is the remotest chance.

Aberdeen have signed two strikers on pre-contracts so it makes you wonder where in the pecking order shankland is now? I cant see him willing to go out on loan for a further season as

Aberdeen have signed two strikers on pre-contracts so it makes you wonder where in the pecking order shankland is now? I cant see him willing to go out on loan for a further season as

I'd imagine he will go out on loan but at a level above us now.

It's funny, we have 27 pages of John Sutton returning.................................. Ahem is this the best we can do.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking I've seen the best of John Sutton, and maybe I'm alone in the camp that says; "thanks but no thanks".

I am not a great fan of bringing someone back just because he did ok for us at some time in the semi-distant past. Well I might change that if the player was a true supporter of our club, but it's obvious that JS is out to find the best deal he can as the sun sets, and with the best will in the world JS has never been a fan of St Mirren.

I would vote: Move on.

It's funny, we have 27 pages of John Sutton returning.................................. Ahem is this the best we can do.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking I've seen the best of John Sutton, and maybe I'm alone in the camp that says; "thanks but no thanks".

I am not a great fan of bringing someone back just because he did ok for us at some time in the semi-distant past. Well I might change that if the player was a true supporter of our club, but it's obvious that JS is out to find the best deal he can as the sun sets, and with the best will in the world JS has never been a fan of St Mirren.

I would vote: Move on.

So what do you do when chasing a job mate ? The only loyalty in football is the supporters no one else. Sutton will do a job for us especially as we have an astute manager who will have the team play to his strengths.

no bad team so far if we get Sutton..3 at back Gordon Webster McKenzie with hutton(doing a Tommy turner).wig backs Naismith n Irvine..quinn n mallan in middle.quinn more sitting mallan more attacking..n Clarkson n Sutton up front..title winning team.obviously langfield in goal ..before some smart arse says nae goalie

10 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

no bad team so far if we get Sutton..3 at back Gordon Webster McKenzie with hutton(doing a Tommy turner).wig backs Naismith n Irvine..quinn n mallan in middle.quinn more sitting mallan more attacking..n Clarkson n Sutton up front..title winning team.obviously langfield in goal ..before some smart arse says nae goalie

Could make defending quite hairy!:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

3 central defenders plus a sweeper, 2 wing backs and a holding midfielder. Not forgetting the keeper.

That must be the most defensive line up I've ever seen.

Makes Gus Macpherson appear adventurous! :lol:

Thats a great shout[emoji106]