John Sutton Returns

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

John Sutton Returns....... To the fold (eventually).

can i just say as fully paid up SMiSA bod i am down at Paisley Airport, nervously  listening and looking for anyone who appears to be Argentinian.... He was right once!

If Messi turns up let him through.

34 minutes ago, ulysses said:

John Sutton has actually, properly returned!

Pinstripes on that are much thinner than I expected, hardly visible, must be the light. Like the plain round collar though. The lack of the 'King of Trainers' sponsor logo really improves it, although it's a bold move to completely dispense with a club crest. A trailblazing move from St Mirren and JD Sports.

I give it 8/10. Well played again the Fan Council. Another winner.

A third striker with plenty of pace, and a left sided midfielder and I reckon we're pretty much sorted.

Try not to get too excited pre-season but the squad looks as strong as it has in years.

Don't doubt he'll be a threat at this level, as mentioned before, Mallan's delivery, from set pieces at least, is every bit as good at Simon Lappin's was for us. Can't wait to see Big John battering in a few headers. Don't think we've had a striker who was a regular threat in the air since Higdon left.

Big reality check required folks..!

we dropped down to the championship with a squad (on paper) that looked capable of competing to be in the play offs.

as we know we eventually finished behind Morton!

Rae has stuck to his word, in that he is foregoing youth, to a degree and foresaking possesion football(tippy tappy for the hard of thinking) in favour of a strong blunt instrument. Again, so far "On Paper" it loks like a squad who could compete for the play offs.

we will get a sniff test against Morton (pun fully intended) if the squad looks up to it, and after the first run of ten games, a measure, and projection of what our realistic propects are for the season.

that said.... COYS..!